Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Machinarium Amnesty Sale

A post on Ars Technica relates the estimate that only 5-15% of Machinarium players have paid for this point-and-click adventure from Czech developer Amanita Design, which contains no DRM. As a result, they are running a pirate amnesty sale, where the game is $5.00 USD, a 75% savings, hoping this will inspire some of those who have pirated the game to buy it.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 7, 2010, 04:56 LittleMe

Nevermind offensive...I just plain don't understand this comment

I didn't either but the way you put it makes me lol.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 7, 2010, 02:29 Jerykk

How do they get these numbers though... with a single player game with no online components? That's my understanding of Machinarium from what I've seen, at least.

They're assuming that every torrent = someone playing the game. Of course, this is a common misconception. Due to the complete lack of effort involved in pirating stuff, it's not uncommon for people to download something and never even get around to playing it.

I wasn't willing to spend $20 on this but at $5, why not?

8. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 20:11 Rhialto

It's a must have! I preordered it a long time ago... we still enjoy the soundtrack often.  

7. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 19:45 mch

ASJD wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 15:30:
Xbox 360 is all about homophobia and then buying some art (I wanted to make a more clever but potentially offensive statement here, but it's not worth it).

Nevermind offensive...I just plain don't understand this comment

What about art, homophobia and XBLA?

I tried the demo for Machinarium but didn't get too far with it. I might take another look thanks to this deal

How do they get these numbers though... with a single player game with no online components? That's my understanding of Machinarium from what I've seen, at least.

PSN: CaseDesignate

6. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 19:14 Stormdancer

I bought it full price, and never regretted a penny. Great game.  

5. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 16:36 nin

t's a shame because that seems like the biggest limitation to XBLA as a whole right now. MS's fascist control yet still allowing a fair amount of shovelware.

I agree. It's the same problem small devs have complained about with Steam, also. They have a great product, but for whatever reason, the guy holding the keys says no.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 16:05 ASJD

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 15:40:
but I think it would be a hit on XBLA at least.

I believe they said awhile back, for whatever reason, MS turned them down.

I think I remember that. It's a shame because that seems like the biggest limitation to XBLA as a whole right now. MS's fascist control yet still allowing a fair amount of shovelware.

3. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 15:40 nin

but I think it would be a hit on XBLA at least.

I believe they said awhile back, for whatever reason, MS turned them down.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 15:33 elefunk

Machinarium is one of the most beautiful, charming games I've played in years. Some of the puzzles are frustrating, but their built-in walkthrough helps get through some of the more esoteric ones.  

1. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 15:30 ASJD

Machinarium is a really neat game. Not saying they should abandon PC, but I think it would be a hit on XBLA at least. Xbox 360 is all about homophobia and then buying some art (I wanted to make a more clever but potentially offensive statement here, but it's not worth it).

When a game like Limbo has already sold over 250K copies at $15... That's just weird.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo