Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Machinarium Amnesty Sale

A post on Ars Technica relates the estimate that only 5-15% of Machinarium players have paid for this point-and-click adventure from Czech developer Amanita Design, which contains no DRM. As a result, they are running a pirate amnesty sale, where the game is $5.00 USD, a 75% savings, hoping this will inspire some of those who have pirated the game to buy it.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 7, 2010, 04:56 LittleMe

Nevermind offensive...I just plain don't understand this comment

I didn't either but the way you put it makes me lol.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 7, 2010, 02:29 Jerykk

How do they get these numbers though... with a single player game with no online components? That's my understanding of Machinarium from what I've seen, at least.

They're assuming that every torrent = someone playing the game. Of course, this is a common misconception. Due to the complete lack of effort involved in pirating stuff, it's not uncommon for people to download something and never even get around to playing it.

I wasn't willing to spend $20 on this but at $5, why not?

8. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 20:11 Rhialto

It's a must have! I preordered it a long time ago... we still enjoy the soundtrack often.  

7. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 19:45 mch

ASJD wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 15:30:
Xbox 360 is all about homophobia and then buying some art (I wanted to make a more clever but potentially offensive statement here, but it's not worth it).

Nevermind offensive...I just plain don't understand this comment

What about art, homophobia and XBLA?

I tried the demo for Machinarium but didn't get too far with it. I might take another look thanks to this deal

How do they get these numbers though... with a single player game with no online components? That's my understanding of Machinarium from what I've seen, at least.

PSN: CaseDesignate

6. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 19:14 Stormdancer

I bought it full price, and never regretted a penny. Great game.  

5. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 16:36 nin

t's a shame because that seems like the biggest limitation to XBLA as a whole right now. MS's fascist control yet still allowing a fair amount of shovelware.

I agree. It's the same problem small devs have complained about with Steam, also. They have a great product, but for whatever reason, the guy holding the keys says no.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 16:05 ASJD

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 15:40:
but I think it would be a hit on XBLA at least.

I believe they said awhile back, for whatever reason, MS turned them down.

I think I remember that. It's a shame because that seems like the biggest limitation to XBLA as a whole right now. MS's fascist control yet still allowing a fair amount of shovelware.

3. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 15:40 nin

but I think it would be a hit on XBLA at least.

I believe they said awhile back, for whatever reason, MS turned them down.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 15:33 elefunk

Machinarium is one of the most beautiful, charming games I've played in years. Some of the puzzles are frustrating, but their built-in walkthrough helps get through some of the more esoteric ones.  

1. Re: Machinarium Amnesty Sale Aug 6, 2010, 15:30 ASJD

Machinarium is a really neat game. Not saying they should abandon PC, but I think it would be a hit on XBLA at least. Xbox 360 is all about homophobia and then buying some art (I wanted to make a more clever but potentially offensive statement here, but it's not worth it).

When a game like Limbo has already sold over 250K copies at $15... That's just weird.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo