Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 5, 2010, 20:08 Sepharo

What the fuck is so confusing about Net Neutrality?!

First come, first serve! No packet should be favored over another. They want you to think this is about speeding up packets but it's really about slowing down the other packets.

If the government has to step in to prevent these assholes from upsetting the current paradigm, then I'm all for it.

If they really must allow non-neutrality to become reality then they're first going to have to get rid of this ridiculous duopoly so I can pick someone who isn't participating in this cash grab.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 5, 2010, 19:02 Number6

AO-What? What the hell does AOL still do??  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 5, 2010, 18:54 Tumbler

This could be a clever political trick because I don't see how this whole situation could be true. It makes the NYT look stupid if it's false, and it makes google / verizon look terrible if it's true. And google and verizon don't need to even do this, they're very popular among consumers so it's not like they need to start pulling shit like this to make money.

What is more believable is that the NYT, Google, Verizon and whoever else are on the side of net neutrality need to get America's attention because I don't think is an issue most people take seriously, they simply take the internet for granted. If people get upset about the idea of google doing this they're going to speak up and start bitching to their elected officials. So here comes this scandal of a news story that is apparently totally false but why would NYT print it if it's false, blah blah blah, big story, scandal, net neutrality splashed all over everyones TV.

Fucking brilliant. Politics is very cool.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 5, 2010, 14:01 mch

The Google/Verizon net neutrality article is interesting, especially when you consider the NYT has a story up on it...and the two are completely contradictory (at least as far as wired, non-mobile broadband is concerned).

The NYT piece seems pretty sensationalist, a scary read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/technology/05secret.html?_r=3&hp

Edit: Google now refuting the NYT article anyway
computerworld

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2010, 14:49.

PSN: CaseDesignate

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 5, 2010, 11:55 nin

Even after reading about it, I still couldn't figure out what it could do for me

That was Wave, in a nutshell.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 5, 2010, 11:44 Mark

Google Wave dead! I remember the hype it was getting. The high price invitations were getting on eBay was crazy! Even after reading about it, I still couldn't figure out what it could do for me - part of me assumed it was so MIND BLOWING that my mind couldn't comprehend it until I saw it for myself. Then someone sent me an invite and I logged in. The next thought was: "Ummm ok, is this it? Now what?" Logout.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo