Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack

The Mass Effect Website announces the release of the Firepower DLC for Mass Effect 2, BioWare's sci-fi RPG sequel, which is 160 BioWare points for the PC edition. Here's word: "The Firepower Pack adds three new weapons to Shepard's armor locker: When a "heavy" pistol won't do the job, the Phalanx brings the bang! It hits like a hand cannon and features an integral laser sight for a whole new aiming experience! Ever wanted a sniper rifle without the scope or an assault rifle without the recoil? The Mattock heavy rifle is a hybrid of the two, a semi-auto beast usable by any class with an assault rifle skill! The Geth Plasma Shotgun is a three-barreled monster that creates plasma the right way on impact! Charge it up for even greater damage, or blast away rapid-fire at longer ranges than normal shotguns!"

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack Aug 5, 2010, 02:05 Jerykk

I can't stand this nickel and dime shit.

Unfortunately, the general populace isn't quite as discerning with their money. If they were, DLC would have never caught on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack Aug 4, 2010, 12:49 Verno

Guess which approach makes more money? That's all the industry cares about anymore. Gaming has gone commercial in a big way.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

7. Re: Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack Aug 4, 2010, 12:28 Elessar

New weapons aren't going to convince players to replay the full campaign. Why they don't get this is beyond me. I can't stand this nickel and dime shit. Pack all your piddly DLC releases up and release a proper continuation of the story through an expansion. That or release a substantial side-story, tia.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2010, 13:41.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack Aug 4, 2010, 12:10 Creston

Flatline wrote on Aug 4, 2010, 00:30:
Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 23:42:
The latest patch did make the upgrades cost a lot less.

I've just modded my game to start with 500,000 of every resource. Fuck that planet scanning shit. How anyone at Bioware ever thought that anyone would find that fun is beyond comprehension.

Creston

Actually the same patch (at least on the xbox) triples the speed of your scanner and probably doubles the size of the scanner circle. It takes me a minute or two to strip a planet bare of minerals. It's still a bit of a chore, but it doesn't take nearly as long as it used to.

That sounds more like Miranda's upgrade to me, to be honest.

I have to admit that I do like the idea of these weapons. I may buy them.

Creston

5. Re: Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack Aug 4, 2010, 04:25 Lorcin

Yeah have to confess I used a trainer to give me the resources too - planet scanning sucked big donkey balls.  

4. Re: Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack Aug 4, 2010, 02:08 StingingVelvet

I hate the idea of a gun pack DLC and ignored the first two, but I have to say a laser-sight pistol sounds really awesome for ME2. I'm tempted to buy the damn thing (NO!).  

3. Re: Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack Aug 4, 2010, 00:30 Flatline

Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2010, 23:42:

I've just modded my game to start with 500,000 of every resource. Fuck that planet scanning shit. How anyone at Bioware ever thought that anyone would find that fun is beyond comprehension.

Creston

Actually the same patch (at least on the xbox) triples the speed of your scanner and probably doubles the size of the scanner circle. It takes me a minute or two to strip a planet bare of minerals. It's still a bit of a chore, but it doesn't take nearly as long as it used to.

2. Re: Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack Aug 3, 2010, 23:42 Creston

Creston

1. Re: Mass Effect 2 Firepower Pack Aug 3, 2010, 23:17 Tumbler

How about DLC that makes planet scanning fun? I'm about to get a copy of the CE version of Me2 off goozex and I want to replay the game again on insane, or whatever it's called, but doing the whole planet scanning thing is a deal breaker. Why not release dlc that fixes that?!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo