Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: News- THQ dismisses Modern Warfare's 'steroided-out flag waving' Aug 3, 2010, 02:18 Dr. D. Schreber

Nucas wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 22:48:
what empty attacks. yeah, i feel so very rah rah rah playing modern warfare 2's campaign considering the principal villain is a fucking american general.
Bilson told us that, in his view, parts of Modern Warfare 2 played like "being on a movie lot" and promised that Homefront would offer two things that Infinity Ward's shooter failed to - "emotion" and "violence with consequence".
i can agree with the "movie lot" assessment because it did go very cinematic in the sequel but, strangely, i considered that a strength and not a weakness. i bought call of duty, not operation flashpoint.

i don't know why i took such exception to that empty posturing. i guess that's all they really have considering the studio making it is the rasied-up mod team that produced fuel of war. all star pedigree sure to topple infinity ward, you heard it here first folks.

Word. As nonsensical as Modern Warfare 2's plot can get, it's also really not all that jingoistic, either. In the first game, you've got the Americans screwing the pooch to literally nuclear levels by basically acting like themselves, and the Brits being the heroes while beating up a prisoner and capping him in the face when they're done. MW2 has a four-star American general as the enemy, an American at the center of "No Russian," and the American protagonist spends all his time defending the capital from invasion.

It's sad MW2's plot is told in a rather batshit fashion, there's some genuinly nice anti-war themes going on, but it gets bogged down by sillyness worse than Neo = the Messiah gets bogged down by too many symbolic images in the Matrix.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 3, 2010, 01:37 Longswd

Titan Gaming has purchased Xfire. The terms of the purchase are undisclosed. Titan will be taking on the Xfire name, with a focus towards ongoing innovation in the gaming space. The Xfire services will continue uninterrupted for its users. Xfire redefined how gamers communicate, Titan intends to build upon this tradition and utilize the Xfire platform to help gaming companies better engage and monetize their games.

Lol, that has venture capitalist fail written all over it. Next thing we will hear of that is in 2 years when they announce bankruptcy proceedings.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 3, 2010, 00:26 Domgrief

"we enjoyed working for you for the last 127 releases and wish we could stay to create the next 127"

I would venture to say that the Xfire team's version of "leaving" involves being shown where the door is. I'm quite sorry to hear that, particularly when the buyer is a "developer of a platform" and interested in helping gamers "monetize" their games.

1. Re: News- THQ dismisses Modern Warfare's 'steroided-out flag waving' Aug 2, 2010, 22:48 Nucas

what empty attacks. yeah, i feel so very rah rah rah playing modern warfare 2's campaign considering the principal villain is a fucking american general.
Bilson told us that, in his view, parts of Modern Warfare 2 played like "being on a movie lot" and promised that Homefront would offer two things that Infinity Ward's shooter failed to - "emotion" and "violence with consequence".
i can agree with the "movie lot" assessment because it did go very cinematic in the sequel but, strangely, i considered that a strength and not a weakness. i bought call of duty, not operation flashpoint.

i don't know why i took such exception to that empty posturing. i guess that's all they really have considering the studio making it is the rasied-up mod team that produced fuel of war. all star pedigree sure to topple infinity ward, you heard it here first folks.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo