Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. AMD vs. NVIDIA video cards. Jul 31, 2010, 11:26 Ant

I switched to ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB) a couple years ago because NVIDIA dumped the fullscreen TV overlay feature from its video cards and drivers. I use it to watch videos, DVDs, etc. ATI didn't do that so I went there. So far, I love ATI (thanks AMD to buying ATI too to save them)! My next card will still be ATI since I think NVIDIA still hasn't fixed the problem. However, ATI still sucks in Linux from what I read.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 30, 2010, 08:47 Verno

Well deserved on the part of AMD. Their drivers came a long way, they release frequently and you don't need to reboot for it. The hardware itself has been very powerful despite running cool and extremely power efficient. Competition is a good thing for everyone, hopefully Nvidia comes back with a better high end card soon that can match AMDs offerings without setting the house on fire.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

4. Re: Libraries top Netflix, Redbox when it comes to loaning DVDs. Jul 30, 2010, 08:04 mag

Dammit! Don't *tell* them. Now they'll try to outlaw libraries.  

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 29, 2010, 22:42 LittleMe

You mean 460 cards?  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 29, 2010, 22:38 Fion

I'd expect to see a shift in the next quarter. Especially with the crazy popularity of the GTX 260 cards.  

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 29, 2010, 22:02 Lorcin

It's cool - with larrabee failing and nvidia stock falling it's simply a matter of time before Intel buy Nvidia. I wish I had money for stock now because if amd/ati are kicking arse atm imagine what intel/nvidia will do.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo