Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5

The Battlefield Blog announces the availability of the fifth VIP map pack for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, which is free for all owners of the PC edition, which does not use VIP codes. They have a trailer from the map pack, and the following description: "Fight for control of M-COM stations in White Pass Rush Mode. Capture and hold tactical positions as Nelson Bay is enhanced with Conquest Mode. The map pack is available with the VIP code which is included in every new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Players that do not have a code can purchase one via the in-game store."

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 20:23 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 10:01:
They won't even sell us new maps, thats the frustrating part. Fine, you don't want to give away the map editor, at least you give us the new maps then but no, they just want to work on BC2: Vietnam which frankly there is no way I will buy until they stop with this "DLC = old content" nonsense.

The SAD part is....they ARE going to try and sell some maps at some point....it is going to be abysmal. BF3, BFBC2Vietnam, those CoD games, and the plethora of new titles coming to market through the end of the year.

I am just writing BC2 off. Was great and fun while people played - now it is just a distant memory. Sad to burn a game within 6 months.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 12:12 Zardoz5

LIQUID-SEX wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 23:59:
(2142 just looked like a turd from what I saw from my friends that bought it. They didn't play it long.)

2142 is actually pretty good, especially Titan mode. Titan mode is like Conquest but with another layer of depth on top. Having a good commander actually helps considerably too. Its a nice change from Conquest and to me is a superior game to BC2. I've been in so many amazing games where teams have come back to steal a win in Titan.

There is the 1.51 patch coming out "sometime" for 2142, its in Beta testing, that will include 7 maps. 3 from Northern Strike booster pack, Strike at Karkand (yes, you read the correctly), Operation Blue Pearl and two new ones.

To anyone who hasn't tried it and likes BF games I say give it a try when the patch eventually comes out. It will be coming to Steam, D2D etc when the patch comes out, like BF2 did with its latest patch.

16. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 10:01 Verno

Exactly, Batman's totally nailed it. New content keeps the playerbase more static. The playerbase peeters out for this game quite a bit, especially when competing games are getting actual new content. The map remixes usually kick up the playerbase for a week before it just dies down again.

They won't even sell us new maps, thats the frustrating part. Fine, you don't want to give away the map editor, at least you give us the new maps then but no, they just want to work on BC2: Vietnam which frankly there is no way I will buy until they stop with this "DLC = old content" nonsense.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

15. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 09:57 xXBatmanXx

LittleMe wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 00:15:
Yes, we've been trolled.

Ummm...level 36 with over 6 days of play.
Hardly.
http://bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/detail5/pc/xXBatmanXx.png

In fact. I don't see ANYONE in my friends list play it anymore, and it used to be half full of people who did.

They really dropped the ball on this one.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

14. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 09:52 Elessar

I actually don't mind the new perspective a different mode on the same map gives you. It's familiar, yet different. Don't get me wrong, I'd appreciate an all new map as much as the next guy, but this is certainly an entertaining way to mix up the gameplay.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

13. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 09:40 Innocent

the vanilla game rocks, this is the most fun bf to date.

that said, i am also baffled by the failure to support the mod community.

12. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 09:27 Morgan19

They may be fleetingly fun for a few days but in the end people when people want new content,

Perhaps I'm in the minority seeing the benefit of these, then... I'll go for a few weeks playing one or two modes, get a hankering for another gametype, and then appreciate the wider opportunities these packs provide that I might not've tried before. Yes it would've been great to have all these modes from the get-go, but I'd rather have the expanded mode options at some point than not at all. I suppose it could get stale if you play all the modes all the time, but that could really be said about anything regardless of whether they're brand new maps or recycled modes.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2010, 09:36.

11. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 09:22 Verno

Morgan19 wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 09:17:
For those trashing it... Have any of you actually played the game or the new "maps" (modes)? Yes they're not traditional map packs (a name is just a name), but the different modes actually do change the flow/feel/tactics of each map significantly, despite being on the same levels.

White Pass Rush is very cramped and Nelson Bay Conquest would be more fun if I didn't feel like I had already been there, done that. They do not feel like new maps in the slightest and they are not "new" modes either. They may be fleetingly fun for a few days but in the end people when people want new content, they don't mean rehashing the same maps and modes over and over again. It's not like this game has a large number of maps in the first place, some variety would be welcome.

10. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 09:17 Morgan19

For those trashing it... Have any of you actually played the game or the new "maps" (modes)? Yes they're not traditional map packs (a name is just a name), but the different modes actually do change the flow/feel/tactics of each map significantly, despite being on the same levels.

That's coming from someone who owns the "VIP" version of the game, so granted this is all free for people like me. I don't agree with having to buy this type of content, no, but outside of that the content still has merit.

9. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 08:50 Verno

I give up on this game. They won't release new maps, just remixes of existing assets. I love the gameplay but like most other people I'm tired of the same old maps. Won't give us an editor, won't release new content. I'm not buying BC3 if they go this route again.  

8. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 08:45 JayDeath

You guys are all out of your minds! Yeah EA sucks, but this game is fantastic. Been playing since day one and I can't seem to stop playing. Waiting for BC2:Vietnam!  
Steam: BenRichards

7. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 08:44 eXFeLoN

Map Pack #5! Now with 40% more ass rape!  

6. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 01:42 LIQUID-SEX

You haven't been trolled, EA Dice, it just a horrible company.  

5. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 01:13 SectorEffector

Surprises me they can get away with #5 while still calling it a map pack...

lol, don't ask me what I'd call it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

4. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 00:39 ColoradoHoudini

No desire to play this game any longer. If you release a MP FPS and give it a very limited number of maps and no way for custom user content to be used.. you're going to run dry.

If they ever allowed us to map and mod.. i'd be back in.. i assume, a lot of others as well

3. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 29, 2010, 00:15 LittleMe

Yes, we've been trolled.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

2. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 28, 2010, 23:59 LIQUID-SEX

Guess we wait for BF3?

I quit giving them money after BF2 because of their lack of support and horrible patching system. The vanilla game was boring as hell, and the mod community was the only thing that made it worth playing IMO. They seem to think that the mod community that sold most of their games from BF 1&2 isn't worth helping them sell BC2 I guess. (2142 just looked like a turd from what I saw from my friends that bought it. They didn't play it long.) They never did learn how to work out a proper patching system it seems. Or fix bugs that were present in beta.

People waiting for BF3 should just be beaten senseless, would save them money and teach them a valuable lesson about life.

1. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Map Pack #5 Jul 28, 2010, 23:33 xXBatmanXx

*sigh*

We killed our server. Numbers died drastically with the time it took for the patch to come out.....

Still no new maps, just rehash old garbage.

oh well.

Guess we wait for BF3?

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo