Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 29, 2010, 08:53 Ant

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 23:35:
really? Tapes suck.
Sound sucks, maint sucks, everything about them sucks.

Vinyl all the way baby!
But no DRM and copy protection!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 29, 2010, 03:32 space captain

the new cassette shit is just people trying to relive the glory days of underground releases.. its from the artist side not the consumer side

but yeh, harmonic distortion beats digital clipping any day of the week.. problem is the SNR is way lower

plenty of people talk about analog so they can look cool - other people actually work with audio on a regular basis and have a perspective relevant to that reality, but its usually just as opinionated

its rare to find people that can see all sides.. but that goes for shit in general

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 29, 2010, 01:19 Nucas

that was always the same shit i heard from vinyl douches when i ran a music store, "it sounds so warm maannnnnn." i now parse this as "i don't know shit about audio quality mannnn but teenage chicks love it when i put on hey monday on vinyl."

because mono sounds killer.

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 29, 2010, 00:17 LittleMe

I think tape has a much higher sample rate than CD's. Probably not a better sample rate than DVDs though.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 28, 2010, 23:35 xXBatmanXx

really? Tapes suck.
Sound sucks, maint sucks, everything about them sucks.

Vinyl all the way baby!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo