Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Saved Game Problem

The Battle.net Forums have some posts from players of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty who are distressed to find that they have lost progress when playing the single-player campaign in the just-released real-time strategy sequel. There are reports of lost saved games, both local and cloud-based, as well as the failure to receive properly earned achievements. The common thread seems to be problems with being properly logged into Battle.net while playing, with the service not displaying any warnings. A Blizzard representative has posted questions and suggestions, but at this point exactly what's going wrong is not clear. Thanks IncGamers.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

55. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Aug 3, 2010, 10:36 JohnnyRotten

Alphaware? lol, this game is so impossibly polished that I can see my ugly reflection in the box.

This.

I don't think anyone here would call me a fanbois of Blizzard, or any product, but this game reeks of money, polish, and just well done.

I'm also hopeful that Blizzard will keep up their fine support of their games (D2 patches continue after 10 years). I'm betting that any issues discovered today, tomorrow, or 5 years down the road will be fixed.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2010, 11:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 12:58 Eldaron Imotholin

The difference here is that appart from calling InBlack a Dramaqueen for feeling offended for something he could've chosen to not feel offended about, I didn't namecall anyone else in specific. But hell, I'm practically talking to myself now since you did the girl act. Pathetic part is that I care. -.-  

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

53. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 12:32 Verno

The victim act would be more convincing if you hadn't called people a bunch of names and insulted them already. I'm going Crestons route and sticking you on ignore. Toodaloo!

I tried to do the tutorials, but some of them were SO flippin' boring, not-to-mention useless since I already know most of the interface.

You have to remember those are aimed at the Facebook "never played a game other than Farmville" crowd, not players like you

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

52. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 12:10 Eldaron Imotholin

Holy hell... the love has never truly been here but to call me a fucking troll just like that is not what I expected. I might use some bad language every now and then as a wrong fashion to express myself -- gimme a break, I've learned my English through action movies and computergames -- but I, in no way, am a ("fucking") troll. That what I say isn't always politically correct or hard to be understood by some of you shouldn't have to make me one. *scoffs* Ridiculous.

But hey, if I'm really considered a fucking troll which I certainly didn't know was my imago before today, then I guess the joke's on me for still wanting to post here daily.

I'll give it some thought. It can, of course, just be the two of you just being assholes.

Oh well. /ot

51. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 11:46 kanniballl

I bought it online last night (Blizzard's digital download version).

I only had enough time to play through the first mission. I tried to do the tutorials, but some of them were SO flippin' boring, not-to-mention useless since I already know most of the interface.

I like what I see so far. Part of me wishes I could zoom out more, it's not as close as some games but a little higher up would be cool.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

50. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 10:38 Verno

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 10:19:

He's a fucking troll. If everyone would just ignore the little cunt, maybe he'd finally fuck off.

Creston

Yeah I should probably use the actual ignore feature more, thanks for the reminder.

I loved Starcraft to death. Im getting Starcraft II as soon as my main rig becomes operational again, since it would be a waste to play it on a crappy PC.

What does that have to do with me or anyone else voicing their opinions on what they think is wrong with the game, bnet, or Blizzards DRM policy?

Nothing. Nothing at all. At the risk of getting called a "Dramaqueen" or much worse I will say this. Authority should be questioned. Always.

You did nothing wrong man. There is a bunch of people who are passive aggressively defending Blizzard and trying to paint everyone who criticizes anything related to them as trolls. It's transparent as hell and you're totally right in calling them out on it. I love Blizzard games but they have their problems just like any other. They don't get a pass on anything just because of who they are.

49. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 10:22 InBlack

I loved Starcraft to death. Im getting Starcraft II as soon as my main rig becomes operational again, since it would be a waste to play it on a crappy PC.

What does that have to do with me or anyone else voicing their opinions on what they think is wrong with the game, bnet, or Blizzards DRM policy?

Nothing. Nothing at all. At the risk of getting called a "Dramaqueen" or much worse I will say this. Authority should be questioned. Always.

I have a nifty blue line!

48. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 10:19 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 08:53:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 07:44:
horrible, huge, nonsensical rant

Jesus, please stop posting until the cocaine wears off.

The most beautiful part of my post, if I may say so myself

You're either the best internet troll I've ever met or so intoxicated that you shouldn't be handling a toothbrush, let alone a computer.

He's a fucking troll. If everyone would just ignore the little cunt, maybe he'd finally fuck off.

Creston

47. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 10:10 InBlack

Roflmao....  

46. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 10:06 Verno

Eldaron Imotholin wrote:
Dramaqueen.

Wow.

The most beautiful part of my post, if I may

The most beautiful part of my post

The most

Dramaqueen.

45. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 09:56 Eldaron Imotholin

InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 09:36:
nin wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 09:16:
So I guess its completely and utterly OK to offend EVERY SINGLE BLUESNEWS user by calling them a crackwhore

I wasn't offended by it. But then I wasn't one of the children stomping their foot and crying like little girls, as the game sells like hotcakes and their little "boycott" becomes laughable.

Well I didnt even know there is a boycott on, but I was still offended. I am always offended when conformist idiots resort to name-calling. Thats how death-camps get started....

Dramaqueen.

I didn't call every single bluesnews user a someone that moans like a crackwhore. I'm also not the type of person that is going to spend 10+ minutes of his life searching for quotes to use to make my point. You either know what's going on here or you don't. If you don't think Blizzard has been getting all types of over-exaggurated whining from some of us, then you're either ignorant.. have a memory issue.. or simply don't read much stuff here but just felt like acting like the dramaqueen in black.

The fact of the matter is that not one game, no matter how good or polished, will ever get the rightful appreciation it deserves.. at this place in particular. And sometimes it feels good to just throw it out there, which is what I did in my former post.

Now, there are always those kind of people that will feel offended even though they can just as easily not feel offended. In fact, it often makes so little sense to feel offended that I wonder if they'd also feel offended if people would say gorillas are the ugliest creatures in the world.

As for Verno: It was nothing personal. Don't get all... well, offended. My comment also did not imply that anyone who doesn't like the game is a whiner. There's just a big difference to saying something like "It's not my kinda game. I don't like it. But I can see it's polished" and "Game sucks! No AA & Bnet = fail!".

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2010, 10:01.

44. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 09:36 InBlack

nin wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 09:16:
So I guess its completely and utterly OK to offend EVERY SINGLE BLUESNEWS user by calling them a crackwhore

I wasn't offended by it. But then I wasn't one of the children stomping their foot and crying like little girls, as the game sells like hotcakes and their little "boycott" becomes laughable.

Well I didnt even know there is a boycott on, but I was still offended. I am always offended when conformist idiots resort to name-calling. Thats how death-camps get started....

43. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 09:28 Verno

There is no real boycott of Starcraft 2 in the first place, there's a bunch of people not really into RTS games who didn't buy it and theres some forum trolls who are just getting some attention by goading you guys with "OMG DIDNT BUY THEIR $500 SP CAMPAIGNS". Honestly, it's not a crime to dislike Starcraft and say that either, I have a few friends who love every Blizzard game except Starcraft. The game selling a lot of copies doesn't invalidate their opinions or something so the smugness is misplaced. There will be people who buy the game, like Blizzard and *gasp* still not like it! The wonderful world of opinion. Besides, Starcraft II shouldn't just sell a lot of copies, it should be shattering world records. As a PC gamer, I hope it does too.  

42. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 09:16 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

41. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 09:01 Ant

Tumbler wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 20:45:
So...lets talk about those Guest Passes. Rumor is anyone who bought the game got some....so....can I please have one? I'd like to try the game, for free, no strings attached, and those passes seem to be the only way to do this....so.....lil help?
I want one too.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

40. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 08:53 Verno

horrible, huge, nonsensical rant

Jesus, please stop posting until the cocaine wears off.

You're either the best internet troll I've ever met or so intoxicated that you shouldn't be handling a toothbrush, let alone a computer.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2010, 09:04.

39. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 08:29 InBlack

It keeps surprising me, unpleasantly at that, how much it is in the nature of humans -- and humans on Bluesnews more so -- to act hostile towards successes unless it's successes of their own.

Starcraft II has had some major bashing here without any SOLID reason that would justify it. It truly seems most people just don't wish success upon others.

Starcraft II is a polished, big game. Allot of time and money has been put in its development while only the name alone would've been enough for Blizzard to cash in big with it.

Still there are people moaning like crackwhores, calling in airstrikes of bullshit on how this game sucks because it does not yet include AA or because there's a problem with the saved games.

The funny thing is -- and I bet my fucking life on this -- that most of those crackwhore lieutenants haven't even played the game yet, but are simply rebelling against the hype and success of this fine game.

1. Get a life;
2. Shut the fuck up;
3. Buy the game, play it, judge again.

The most beautiful part of my post, if I may say so myself, is that I normally dispise RTS games. I therefore believe that any game can be loved by anyone no matter what their favorite genre is, as long as it's polished to the (near) max.

No one is knocking the success of Blizzard....Please quote one of the last 37. posts where you noticed that? What the hell is wrong with you man??? Now its not human nature to be critical where criticism is due???

So I guess its completely and utterly OK to offend EVERY SINGLE BLUESNEWS user by calling them a crackwhore but for being critical of a successful product of a successful company we ought to shut the fuck up and die???

Go to hell you narcisistic troll....

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2010, 08:34.

38. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 08:16 Mr. Tact

I'd say the removal of LAN capability is a solid reason to knock SC2. While it isn't a show stopper for me, I think it's within reason for it to be a show stopper for some. The AA issue is "resolved" by the information about the "deferred rendering" that is used.

I played some in the beta, and I'll probably buy the game, just haven't gotten to it yet (I have family visiting this week, so my time is filled this week).

While I'm sure you are at least partially right about people hating on Blizzard because they are successful, I think it's more about people wanting/expecting everything how they think it should be. ie.. mainly rebelling against BN changes and removal of LAN capability.

In some ways, with the main core of the game unchanged, this really is more of a SC 1.5 than a SC 2. But I think that was the correct choice. You don't fix what isn't broken, and a game with the popularity and longevity of the original Starcraft CLEARLY wasn't broken.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2010, 08:32.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

37. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 07:44 Eldaron Imotholin

It keeps surprising me, unpleasantly at that, how much it is in the nature of humans -- and humans on Bluesnews more so -- to act hostile towards successes unless it's successes of their own.

Starcraft II has had some major bashing here without any SOLID reason that would justify it. It truly seems most people just don't wish success upon others.

Starcraft II is a polished, big game. Allot of time and money has been put in its development while only the name alone would've been enough for Blizzard to cash in big with it.

Still there are people moaning like crackwhores, calling in airstrikes of bullshit on how this game sucks because it does not yet include AA or because there's a problem with the saved games.

The funny thing is -- and I bet my fucking life on this -- that most of those crackwhore lieutenants haven't even played the game yet, but are simply rebelling against the hype and success of this fine game.

1. Get a life;
2. Shut the fuck up;
3. Buy the game, play it, judge again.

The most beautiful part of my post, if I may say so myself, is that I normally dispise RTS games. I therefore believe that any game can be loved by anyone no matter what their favorite genre is, as long as it's polished to the (near) max.

36. Re: StarCraft II Saved Game Problem Jul 29, 2010, 07:41 InBlack

Oh problems with the Savegames and connectivity (i.e. DRM?)
Where have we heard this before????

Its amazing how much slack Blizzard is getting compared to Ubisoft, despite releasing a game that requires an Internet connection for DRM verification.

Granted their DRM is hardly the piece of shit that Ubisoft's was, and their product is infinitely more polished but still....I guess its not about the principle anymore is it?

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo