Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview

Dungeon Siege III Details on IGN is an interview with Rich Taylor, Obsidian's project director on Dungeon Siege III, the next installment in the action/RPG series. Topics include designing for PCs and consoles, multiplayer support, the story, items, and more. The interview is accompanied by a cinematic trailer. Also, we have a pair of new Dungeon Siege III screenshots.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 29, 2010, 06:15 Zadig

The first one played like an old school co-op game (Golden Axe etc) - you follow the straight line to the end breaking stuff. It was mostly fun but had no replay value or depth even though it was heavily marketed as a 'Diablo killer'. The second one had worse gameplay and added an intrusive and heinously written Bioware style story to the barebones 'beat 'em up' action. There's really no need for a third game in this series.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 28, 2010, 11:38 Muscular Beaver

Yeah it was simple and had almost no plot, but the atmosphere was fantastic.
I didnt even really try to play the 2nd part because it was crappy right from the start.
I just hope it will be similar to the first part. I could use a stupid dungeon hack and slash game again, thats simply beautiful.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

13. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 28, 2010, 10:32 Darks

Oh, and Diablo was any differant or any RPG game like this for that matter? Hardly, and I wouldnt want them to be either. keep it simple so you can enjoy the game and not have to worry about and remember what button does what.

all I care about is the story and the game play.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

12. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 28, 2010, 07:19 yonder

InBlack wrote on Jul 28, 2010, 03:45:
This....it was basically a fight game on rails....wait a minute...Im giving fighting games a bad rep here...in Dungeon Siege you had to press one or at most two hotkeys and that was it. Oh I guess there was loot, but it was mostly useless since if I remember correctly the monsters were scaled to your level. Very shallow game there...

You're being horribly unfair. One hotkey for health potions. One for mana potions. And then Z to loot. THREE HOTKEYS!!! So much more than what you're dismissing it as!

11. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 28, 2010, 03:45 InBlack

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 21:23:
The first one was fun for a while, but once you figured out that practically the whole game was automated it became less fun.

This....it was basically a fight game on rails....wait a minute...Im giving fighting games a bad rep here...in Dungeon Siege you had to press one or at most two hotkeys and that was it. Oh I guess there was loot, but it was mostly useless since if I remember correctly the monsters were scaled to your level. Very shallow game there...

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 28, 2010, 02:01 Alamar

How not to hype your game with a trailer in three easy steps...

Seriously though... After just watching the DC Universe trailer, which I loved... This one is horribly underwhelming...

Yes... Neither has in game footage or gives any real idea about the game, but wow... this one left me bored...

Ironically, I'm more interested in DS III just because I got some enjoyment from the first two, and am still hoping it won't be party based (I like controlling one character, with interesting abilities).

-Alamar

9. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 23:55 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 20:22:
Why are you guys being such assholes?

Maybe we're tired of having our time wasted with interviews and media that don't really say or reveal anything about the actual game? Why are you being such a fanboy?

Trolls Vs Fanboys, the new RTS, coming to a store near you!

Experience the all new feature Nerd Rage

Which side will you be on?

Summer 2010

8. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 22:10 Darks

Because I love RPG games, especially when they have Coop. those two things are winning combinations. So stop your damn whinning!  

7. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 21:23 Elf Shot The Food

The first one was fun for a while, but once you figured out that practically the whole game was automated it became less fun.  

6. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 20:22 Cutter

Why are you guys being such assholes?

Maybe we're tired of having our time wasted with interviews and media that don't really say or reveal anything about the actual game? Why are you being such a fanboy?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 18:52 BurntSoul

Totally looking forward to some fun co-op bash-athons. Let's get away from Space Siege and move back to Dungeon Siege!  

4. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 18:47 Darks

Why are you guys being such assholes? The game is not due out for at least 2 years, so no they are not going to be able to give those kinds of details yet. Just enjoy it for what it is and the screenshots they gave us for now.

To me those screenshots I saw looked very promising. Not to mention full coop campaign.

3. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 17:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell? If you aren't going to say anything, or show anything, what is the point of doing an interview or releasing a 'trailer' ?

That trailer has maybe 1 second of possible in game footage, and nothing actually happens in that one second that is in any way gameplay related.

Considering the console release, as well as all the buzzwords flying around, I'm assuming this game is NOT going to have controllable parties like the first two. What a shame.

Screenshots are too generic to give any real game detail also, but the one in game shot with characters just had one apparent PC... so long group combat.

2. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 17:57 the_culture

Hahahah, so true. That interview was worthless.  

1. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 27, 2010, 17:17 nutshell42

For your convenience, here's the summary:

How awesome's it gonna be?
So awesome

Is there gonna be PvP?
No, that's why it's so awesome

insert 2 pages of questions?
Ask again later, in many, many other front page previews that tell you jack. So awesome.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo