Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo

The promised playable demo for the PC edition of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is now available through Steam, where they are also offering a 10% discount for those who pre-purchase IO Interactive's third-person shooter sequel. Details are not provided, but presumably this is the same as the Xbox 360 demo, which offers a sample of the single-player game as well as the Undercover Cops and Cops & Robbers multiplayer modes. Thanks Frans.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 27, 2010, 21:24 Ant

Man, I am getting tired of these Steam demos!!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 27, 2010, 19:35 Eldaron Imotholin

born2expire wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 09:51:
Logitech G9 and Puretrack Talent, I had huge problems with the mouse "smoothing" and aiming just seemed either too fast or too slow, no sweet spot. Mind you I only played for >10 mins before I uninstalled.

Hmm you know, I remember feeling something off with the mouse smoothing during the menu (absolutely horrible with VSync on). I didn't notice anything bad ingame.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

14. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 27, 2010, 09:51 born2expire

Logitech G9 and Puretrack Talent, I had huge problems with the mouse "smoothing" and aiming just seemed either too fast or too slow, no sweet spot. Mind you I only played for >10 mins before I uninstalled.  

13. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 27, 2010, 07:31 Eldaron Imotholin

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 05:42:
Weird to see mouse complaints, since perfect mouse-aim was one of my favorite parts of the demo. I wonder how many mice complainers are using $10 Dell mice that are 4 years old... that's not an attack mind you, just an honest hypothesis.

In any event the aiming felt perfect with my Logitech G500.

Hmm who's complaining about the mouse, mate?

The shaky cam can be disabled? Alright I didn't know that. Doesn't change my opinion that nothing is new and that the old stuff isn't improved, however.

Also, I can't say the demo shows there's a good story. It was cussing and bullshit like the first game. Come to think of it.. it really is just like the first game but with the technology of this day & age: Good presentation, but the rest is shallow. :\

12. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 27, 2010, 05:42 StingingVelvet

Weird to see mouse complaints, since perfect mouse-aim was one of my favorite parts of the demo. I wonder how many mice complainers are using $10 Dell mice that are 4 years old... that's not an attack mind you, just an honest hypothesis.

In any event the aiming felt perfect with my Logitech G500.

11. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 27, 2010, 02:40 Jerykk

You can disable the shaky cam in the options.

That said, I'm still waiting for Hitman 5.

10. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 21:13 Eldaron Imotholin

Played it on hard aswell. Like I said: Balancing issues. Medium = godmode. Hard = "hard".

And yes, the camera while running makes your head explode.

The combat is boring overall and the enemies have 100% accuracy when you're out of cover. This simply makes it annoying and removes the whole "in the middle of an action movie" vibe it tries to give. Read my former comment for a tad more elaboration on the matter.

9. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 21:10 SpectralMeat

I liked the demo also.
It wasn't the very best game demo I have ever played or anything like that but I enjoyed it anyways. Really liked the tone of the game and the destructible environment was pretty cool.

I agree the demo was pretty easy on medium diff. I will go through it again on hard. Not sure why it was cut so short the giantbomb demo was a lot longer.

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 20:02 born2expire

Typical 3RD person over the shoulder garbage, you can't see anything from your left side. What a pile of shit, and I actually liked the first game, but the terribad controls, sluggish aiming kill this for me.

PASS

7. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 19:45 Zardoz5

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 17:42:
The camera is... something else. I'm not saying it's bad, it's actually pretty interesting, but also head-ache summoning. For those who don't know what the camera in this game is like: It's like the camera is actually held by a camera-man. Now, imagine yourself running while filming.. that's what it looks like. Pretty chaotic.

The running camera is terrible IMO. I get what they are going for but for me at least the camera shake is borderline nausea inducing. Oh and the shooting felt like console port o' the week.

Edit: The menus console heritage is painfully clear. Companies need to spend more time on these things. Not as bad as UT3's, but still annoying.

6. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 19:16 StingingVelvet

I played it on hard and it was certainly not as easy as you describe, so you might want to try that.

As for not being anything new, no it isn't, but I don't need it to be. A good TPS with strong characters and good atmosphere and story and I am happy. The original had the story and atmosphere, this one brings the gameplay.

I'm happy.

5. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 17:42 Eldaron Imotholin

Alright so I tried it. To me, it feels like this game is lacking that certain something the prequel lacked aswell. The game brings nothing new and neither does it improve the old. Except for the unique presentation, it leaves me completely cold. I(Lynch) am shooting stuff while cussing, catching so many bullets I'm feeling like playing in godmode (medium difficulty).

I think the balancing is completely screwed in this game. Like I said, I catch clips and clips of bullets while my screen is getting more and more covered in blood before I die. This is understandable because it seems like the enemy is not able to miss you unless you're behind cover. It just feels disgusting to catch airstrikes of bullets going from one cover to the next or simply popping up to shoot.

Also... before I knew it, the demo was over. You shoot kids dressed in swat-suits (that's seriously what it looks like) in a restaurant, get outside and shoot some police and you're done.

The camera is... something else. I'm not saying it's bad, it's actually pretty interesting, but also head-ache summoning. For those who don't know what the camera in this game is like: It's like the camera is actually held by a camera-man. Now, imagine yourself running while filming.. that's what it looks like. Pretty chaotic.

Anyway! Definitely not a first-day buy for me. Waiting for the game to hit the cellar o' bargains.

4. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 16:57 Eldaron Imotholin

DangerDog wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 16:48:
Sounds like another poor console port, despite the Steamworks integration. Peer to Peer multiplayer without host migration, host quits so does your game.

That's never gonna work. PC gamers won't stand for that crap. Look at AvP. The MP was actually amazing and I bought the game for that reason alone. I felt raped by some sort of behemoth titan when I figured out it was the P2P horror.

As for Kane & Lynch 2, I'm downloading the demo as we speak. Will be finished in 15 minutes max. I'm expecting nothing from it so when I return here and say it disappoints, then it must really be crap.

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 16:51:
I highly enjoyed it... great tone and graphics, strikes a real mood. Try it with fullscreen effects on and off, I'm not sure which I prefer.

Excellent stuff though, getting it for sure.

Ah, interesting! You actually got me excited! Now I'm looking forward to trying the demo.

I keep you all posted.

3. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 16:51 StingingVelvet

I highly enjoyed it... great tone and graphics, strikes a real mood. Try it with fullscreen effects on and off, I'm not sure which I prefer.

Excellent stuff though, getting it for sure.

2. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 16:48 DangerDog

Sounds like another poor console port, despite the Steamworks integration. Peer to Peer multiplayer without host migration, host quits so does your game.

1. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days Demo Jul 26, 2010, 16:38 ASeven

So, anyone played the demo? Is it any good or is this sequel showing to be as meh as the original?  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo