Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New ATI Catalyst Drivers

The ATI Graphics Drivers & Software page is where to find new version 10.7 Catalyst reference drivers for ATI graphics cards. There are new drivers for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux offering Eyefinity - HydraVision enhancements, enhanced pull-down detection, CrossFireX support for rotated displays, and GPU acceleration of VLC 1.1.1 media player.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jul 27, 2010, 09:52 Dades

Game Booster is snake oil, it doesn't really do anything beneficial. Most Windows services run at background priorities so they won't actively take away resources from other running processes like games. Windows Vista and Windows 7 do automatic background defragging already as well.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jul 27, 2010, 00:41 Cheese

Rigs try google a program called Game Booster it should smooth things out for you a bit.  

6. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jul 26, 2010, 18:18 ForgedReality

Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 17:38:
'No boom today. Boom tomorrow. Always a boom tomorrow...'

:D
Haha! You're awesome. I have the entire series on my hard drive. >_>

5. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jul 26, 2010, 17:38 Rigs

Not working now. Worked at first but not now.

'No boom today. Boom tomorrow. Always a boom tomorrow...'

The ATI Graphics Drivers & Software page is where to find new version 10.7 Catalyst reference drivers for ATI graphics cards.

Oh, for Jeezus...I just installed 10.6 in both XP and 7 yesterday! I haven't even gotten to test them in any gaming sessions yet. Figures...

The main fix I'm looking for, and probably will never get, is something to combat the 'micro-stuttering' in DIRT and especially GRID in WinXP. Man, is it maddening! Every 10 seconds or so everything slows down almost to a stop within a half-second and, if you have force-feedback on, will pull your wheel to the left HARD. Just try racing with that! I never had the problem before, but after I built this system and went from an HD5770 back to my HD4870, it started. Weird cause my 'older' system also used this card but had no stuttering. Apparently, it's 'random'. Now, in the computing world, I have a hard time believing anything is ultimately 'random'. There is something causing it and I'm hoping to find the fix one day in the ATI driver notes...

Fingers crossed...

Main System:
---------------
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
Intel Core i5-750 2.8ghz
2gb Kingston DDR3/667 PC3-10700 RAM
Visiontek ATI Radeon HD4870 512mb/DDR5
WindowsXPSP3/Windows7 DualBoot

Secondary System:
----------------------
Asus P5Q-EM
Intel Core-2-Duo E8400 2.66ghz oc'd ~3.01ghz (on Tuesdays with a full moon)
2gb OCZ Reaper v3 DDR2/1066 RAM
HIS ATI Radeon HD5770 1gb/DDR5
WindowsXPSP3/Windows7 DualBoot

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

4. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jul 26, 2010, 17:00 Pigeon

Oh wow, a reason to actually upgrade my drivers. Normally when I read the release notes the updates have nothing to do with my card or system setup.  

3. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jul 26, 2010, 16:06 Bucky

Sweet, they got GPU acceleration working with VLC. Now to check my version of VLC...  

2. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jul 26, 2010, 15:33 Cheese

I have 10.8 betas installed but I shall give these a go.

Corei7 920
Ati 5970
Nvidia GTS 250
12 gig ram
dual graphics mode with ati+nvidia cards

1. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jul 26, 2010, 15:03 LittleMe

Not working now. Worked at first but not now.

Edit:I mean the ATI downloads webpage.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2010, 19:25.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo