Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on StarCraft II Preorders

Americas Preorder Chart on VGChartz has the latest preorder numbers for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty in the Americas, according to their methodology. The item of interest is #1 on the list, where StarCraft II now shows just shy of 800,000 orders in advance of the launch of the real-time strategy sequel tomorrow.

View
60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

20. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 14:45 ASeven

nin wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 14:32:

I wasn't aware of a boycott going on.

There's not. Just the children throwing their usual tantrums.

In all fairness some of the complaints are valid. The complaints about price are laughable though since Blizzard games have always been $60, always. But the lack of LAN, b.net coupled with the RealID debacle are unnecessary stuff. I can see nothing wrong in giving the gamers the choice of b.net or LAN. Also, RealID is still being impelmented, though at very tiny steps so not to cause noise. With b.net being so prominent and with RealID still looming there are causes to complain and be concerned.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 14:39 Pigeon

$60? Damn!

Yeah I'm waiting till this one drops to a more reasonable price. I suppose if you're hardcore into the multi-player it'd be worth it on opening day. I'm really only interested in the single player, and thats not worth $60. Unless they changed it the multiplayer was just too predictable. Start of the game was the rush, and if that failed, then turtle/mass build turtle breaking units.

Frankly I had more fun with the multiplayer when people didnt know what they were doing.

18. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 14:38 Burrito of Peace

Luke wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 13:39:
good luck faceshet supporter's

Do you want the one with the bigger gee bees?

17. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 14:32 nin

There's not. Just the children throwing their usual tantrums.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 13:39 Luke

good luck faceshet supporter's  

15. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 13:21 Tumbler

Sadly, this boycott will go the way of MW2.

Are the people who aren't rushing out to buy this on release day "boycotting" this game in your eyes? I don't know of anyone suggesting this game should be boycotted, just plenty of people who think the price is inflated. (to put it politely...)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 13:13 Tumbler

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4956471/starcraft_in_5_minutes/

I am shocked that I have almost no memory of any of that...I assumed that I'd played the game way back when and just forgot about the story but apparently not.

Great little video for anyone not familiar with the story. I've been toying with the idea of spending $10 (amazon) and getting the first game and expansion and playing that to see if the 2nd game gets more interesting.

CAG has some specials on this game, I think Kmart offers a $20 gift card with purchase, others offer $10 card I think.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 13:04 Tom

I canceled my GameStop pre-order after they wouldn't give me a beta key. I downloaded the whole thing from Blizzard and will activate it tomorrow or whenever their servers are working. No big deal if it takes some time.

As for the following previously mentioned grievances:

* the missing LAN support - "I don't care"
* the battle.net requirement - "I don't care"
* Blizzard's greed to sell one complete game for the price of three - "I don't care"
* lack of innovation in this game - "I don't care"
* the sky is blue - "I don't care about any of that"

12. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:59 Dades

elefunk wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 12:42:
Not that I don't believe the preorder numbers are massive, but VGChartz has proven over and over again that their numbers are total bullshit, pulled directly out of their asses with absolutely no evidence whatsoever to back them up.

Their guess at preorder numbers is as good as anyone's guess here. It's not hard to make accurate but totally uninformed guesses like this, and then they just go change their numbers after the fact ones Blizzard/Activision says something.

Good point, look at their methodology page blue linked. 4 bullet point items that sound like total BS and one that most companies won't even disclose publicly, let alone to a company named VGChartz. A whole bunch of fancy language that amounts to them taking a guess. They claimed to have a team of industry veterans with ten years of experience but most of the people on their employment page barely seem to have any experience at all. A very suspicious site.

11. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:52 Frijoles

10. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:42 elefunk

Not that I don't believe the preorder numbers are massive, but VGChartz has proven over and over again that their numbers are total bullshit, pulled directly out of their asses with absolutely no evidence whatsoever to back them up.

Their guess at preorder numbers is as good as anyone's guess here. It's not hard to make accurate but totally uninformed guesses like this, and then they just go change their numbers after the fact ones Blizzard/Activision says something.

9. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:35 DanL

Didn't preorder it, but I did pre-download it from b.net. Just going to purchase and activate it tomorrow after work. That is, if I can get through to the b.net servers. I'm expecting it to be hell, like the D2 launch or the WoW launch. I'm psyched for this game though, looks fantastic.  

8. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:13 Paketep

Lord Tea wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 12:08:
800,000 preorders LOL... so much for "I'll never buy this game because of
* the missing LAN support
* the battle.net requirement
* Blizzard's greed to sell one complete game for the price of three
* lack of innovation in this game
* the sky is blue"

This.

Sadly, this boycott will go the way of MW2.

7. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:12 ASeven

Here's another breaking news, take it as you will:

VGchartz will from this week on also track PC games.

PC gaming is dead! Dead, I tell you! Dead!

6. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:10 Dades

What does the number of preorders have to do with people not buying the game? That's not even close to a preorder record, you should see some of the console figures for their big franchises.  

5. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 12:08 Lord Tea

800,000 preorders LOL... so much for "I'll never buy this game because of
* the missing LAN support
* the battle.net requirement
* Blizzard's greed to sell one complete game for the price of three
* lack of innovation in this game
* the sky is blue"

I'm expecting a massive wave of whiners hit the web and all its forums when the game finally goes online and causes a battle.net collapse.

UPSA = United Police States of America

4. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 11:58 Flipper405

Picking it up at midnight tonight!
I just hope this 2005 computer I'm stuck with for the summer can handle it...

3. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 11:53 Frijoles

Amazon still shows mine as arriving tomorrow. My first foray in to "release day shipping", or whatever it is. If it doesn't make it tomorrow I'll be pissed.  

2. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 11:30 Zyrxil

Damnit, Gogamer canceled my Collector's edition preorder. Oh well, digital normal edition it is.  

1. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 11:28 nin

Looking forward to it, but probably won't get to play until the weekend.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo