Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack

A BioWare tweet from Thursday missed here at the time (is heat-stroke a valid excuse?) reveals plans for new Mass Effect 2 DLC, saying: "Lair of the Shadow Broker has been revealed! Team up with Liara T'Soni and take down the evil Shadow Broker once and for all." The Mass Effect 2 website has a bit of detail, saying: "Team up with Liara and confront the mysterious and sinister Shadow Broker in the latest expansion to Mass Effect 2, coming soon! In the mean time check out three new screenshots and stay tuned for more info on Lair of the Shadow Broker." Now a post on Big Download notes that these screenshots show some new weapons, and point to the BioWare Social Network where Jarrett Lee explains the DLC will be preceded by a new weapons pack: "As Christina tweeted, some of the new guns you are seeing in those screens are not in the Lair of the Shadow Broker pack. They are in fact part of a different pack that will be released prior to Lair of the Shadowbroker - more details coming very soon. While this was simply intended to tease them I can see how it could be misleading, so I must apologize for that."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 26, 2010, 11:10 StingingVelvet

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 09:03:
One of my favorites aswell. Insanity is sick, isn't it?? I tried it as a Vanguard once but I think that's damn (near?) impossible. Instead I replayed the game with the Soldier with which I completed the game the first time aswell.

I'm an infiltrator and it works well for insanity... you can cloak and run to escape damn near anything, so mostly you just have to make sure you don't get backed into a corner. It's entirely manageable so far and I'm almost halfway through... here's hoping the end levels aren't impossible.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 26, 2010, 09:03 Eldaron Imotholin

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 03:40:
Game is one of my favorites of all time already, been playing it on "insanity" difficulty the past week or so and it's even better, because you have to actually use your squad and powers.

The quest DLC has been great, so I can't wait for shadow broker. I haven't bought any of the weapon packs, but I actually might now because they would be fun to try in insanity mode.

One of my favorites aswell. Insanity is sick, isn't it?? I tried it as a Vanguard once but I think that's damn (near?) impossible. Instead I replayed the game with the Soldier with which I completed the game the first time aswell.

I think Overlord was fantastic! I personally expected an ending almost exactly like the one that it was, but with the sad music and the whole scene it touched me anyway.

I have the impression right about everyone hates Liara T'Soni now, even if it was their romance in ME1, but maybe I'm wrong. Still love to see who this Shadow Broker is at long last!

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

17. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 26, 2010, 03:40 StingingVelvet

Game is one of my favorites of all time already, been playing it on "insanity" difficulty the past week or so and it's even better, because you have to actually use your squad and powers.

The quest DLC has been great, so I can't wait for shadow broker. I haven't bought any of the weapon packs, but I actually might now because they would be fun to try in insanity mode.

16. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 26, 2010, 01:35 Silicon Avatar

I had a level 9 or 10 character and bought all the DLC at once last week. It fit in with my game pretty well. I will probably finish the game in a few weeks and start over with a new character. This game has a pretty good replay value for me.

15. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 23:57 Dr. D. Schreber

That being said, whether or not you use them in a finished game or not can have a pretty big impact on how much enjoyment you get. Stolen Memory is rubbish if you've already beaten the game, but excellent if you're less than halfway through or starting a new one. Adds it to the map with the original starting dossiers, and the SMG you get can completely change the character-sheet and loadout choices you make for the rest of the game depending on your class (Vanguards and Adepts probably benefit from it the most.) Ditto for Firewalker, which takes a decent amount of time but doesn't give much of a payoff at the end; doesn't make you feel like you've accomplished anything if there's nothing else to do afterwards and you've already hit level cap.

Overlord, on the other hand, can be played just about anywhere, since it's crazy-epic and feels like it could be something Shepard would tackle in the off-time between having leads on the Reapers (in other words, between games.)

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

14. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 22:31 entr0py

Jerykk wrote on Jul 25, 2010, 21:06:
Do you need to start a new game to access the DLC if you're already beaten the game? Or does it let you continue playing? I don't remember.

It's applied to any new or existing characters. Even before they released any DLC you could keep playing beyond the ending. There just wasn't much to do, besides mining mo palladium.

13. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 22:16 Wowbagger_TIP

Most of the DLC isn't really worth much. New weapons and outfits aren't worth anything really. The missions that are added seem hit and miss. Maybe if they get a LOT cheaper...  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

12. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 21:06 Jerykk

RPGs are games you're supposed to get engrossed in; that's a big part of the appeal. They don't lend themselves well to short intervals of gameplay every other month.

Do you need to start a new game to access the DLC if you're already beaten the game? Or does it let you continue playing? I don't remember.

11. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 20:58 entr0py

I really enjoyed ME2. But I wish Bioware would stop wasting time on small discreet morsels of DLC. Reinstalling and getting back into the game requires some investment of time and effort, it's not worth it just to screw around with a new weapon, play a couple new levels, or see your old Shepard in a fancy new outfit.

RPGs are games you're supposed to get engrossed in; that's a big part of the appeal. They don't lend themselves well to short intervals of gameplay every other month.

10. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 18:04 Stolk

Jerykk wrote on Jul 25, 2010, 18:00:
If they eventually release all the ME2 and DAO DLC in $15 packs, I'll bite. However, I'm not going to pay more than that.

good to know.

9. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 18:00 Jerykk

If they eventually release all the ME2 and DAO DLC in $15 packs, I'll bite. However, I'm not going to pay more than that.  

8. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 17:29 Drayth

I'm betting at some point there will be a "full edition" like the Fallout 3 GOTY, it's just with Dragon Age and this it's going to be a while as they seem to be willing to do DLC right up till the next full game's out.

7. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 16:47 Tumbler

Mass Effect 2 is a tradeable pc game... It has no DRM other than the cerebus network....so it seems relevant. Am I the only one that sees mass effect download able content as interesting but overpriced? I am tempted to go back and play it again (trade someone for it) but the pricing on the dlc is a deal breaker for me. But if they did something small like offer people on the cerebus network a discount for that stuff I think I'd be compelled to spend some money.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 16:33 necrosis

Tumbler wrote on Jul 25, 2010, 16:19:
So someone who trade for the game and paid $1 could get this new content for the same price that bought it new at retail months ago.
And this is a debate that is useless on this site being its 99.00% PC. Of which you can not trade games in. Take your rant to a site that actually cares.

5. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 16:19 Tumbler

I know, I have that code, i'm on the cerebus network thingy. But they also offer paid dlc and I'm assuming that the content that you pay for is available to everyone at the same price? IE you pay your points and you get that content regardless of cerebus network.

In hind site I think buying the game new for the cerebus network in particular wasn't worth it. I like the idea of having bonus's for buying the game new and when this dlc comes out it would be a great way to offer incentives to buy the game new rather than used. (If you got discounts on future dlc...i'd rather they be free in most cases but chances of that are...low)

This is all assuming that this dlc is availble to you regardless of cerebus network access. So someone who trade for the game and paid $1 could get this new content for the same price that bought it new at retail months ago.

4. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 15:11 The Half Elf

Tumbler you buy the game new and you get the code for the Cerberus network which is applied to your login/gamertag etc. Then if you buy the game used you don't need to have another code.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 14:56 JayDeath

Newegg has this one on sale for 20 bucks today.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

2. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 14:48 Ruffiana

Why would they throw a bone to people who've already bought the game new?  

1. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC & Weapons Pack Jul 25, 2010, 14:30 Tumbler

I traded this thing ages back but as enough DLC has come out I am feeling the urge to go back and play through it again. I wish they'd offer some benefit to being in the cereberus network like a discount or something. I guess the people buying the game used have to pay $10 to get into the network before they can buy the DLC? Wasn't sure how that worked but it seems like they'd be smart to throw a bone to the people who bought the game new on these offerings. ( Assuming these paid DLC packs are available to everyone regardless of cereberus)  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo