Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Atari Financials

IndustryGamers provides a summary of Atari's financial reports for Fiscal Q1 2010, which concluded on June 30, saying their net revenue dropped about 65% to $24.9 million USD over the same period last year. This is in part due to the release of a single major title (Sandlot Sluggers) during that period, which caused retail revenue to drop to $14 million, compared with $54.2 million in fiscal Q1 2009. Online revenue from Star Trek Online was up about 25%, and word is: "Overall, the company's decision to publish Cryptic's online games bore fruit, with online revenue accounting for 44 percent of total net revenue, versus 4 percent last year." Thanks joao.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Atari Financials Jul 26, 2010, 19:35 Kxmode

Ventura wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 01:00:
The company that was the Atari Corporation back in the day is no more

I wouldn't worry about that mate, I'm sure there's plenty of space left in the desert next to ET for copies of Star Trek Online

I wonder if we'll see that in New Vegas?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Atari Financials Jul 26, 2010, 19:35 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 25, 2010, 18:31:
This isn't the same Atari as that from 20 years ago Only in name.

Actually it is the same if Nolan Bushnell is back.

11. Re: Atari Financials Jul 26, 2010, 05:26 Armengar

Atari had their hand in publishing some cracking games over the years. Sure only publishing but the likes of neverwinter nights was fantastic in its day.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

10. Re: Atari Financials Jul 26, 2010, 01:00 Ventura

The company that was the Atari Corporation back in the day is no more

I wouldn't worry about that mate, I'm sure there's plenty of space left in the desert next to ET for copies of Star Trek Online

9. Re: Atari Financials Jul 26, 2010, 00:27 The Half Elf

Not really, BUT it seems to be the way of Cryptic. Enough content from tutorial to end game, and then charge for everything else via the C-Store. It really sucks.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Atari Financials Jul 25, 2010, 22:30 Trashy

The company that was the Atari Corporation back in the day is no more. What exists now is just the name and logo which was sold to Hasbro, then later taken by Infogrames.. which then named itself Atari, SA...  

7. Re: Atari Financials Jul 25, 2010, 21:17 JAGUART

D_K_night wrote on Jul 25, 2010, 18:27:

Atari...please, you'd had your time in the sun. During the 1970's-80's. But please, your death is over 20 years too late.

We need more ppl posting about how they played some shitty 2600 game back in 1982 and how this company sucks.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

6. Re: Atari Financials Jul 25, 2010, 18:31 eRe4s3r

This isn't the same Atari as that from 20 years ago Only in name.  

5. Re: Atari Financials Jul 25, 2010, 18:27 D_K_night

Every time I see the name "Atari" I continue to marvel at how the hell they are still around.

Atari...please, you'd had your time in the sun. During the 1970's-80's. But please, your death is over 20 years too late.

4. Re: Atari Financials Jul 25, 2010, 18:19 ASeven

creatorswhim wrote on Jul 25, 2010, 18:09:
Not to be totally sarcastic, but what do you expect from an industry committed to minimal investment and optimal return? "Quality" is only a marketing term anymore.

And that will ultimately be its downfall sooner or later.

3. Re: Atari Financials Jul 25, 2010, 18:09 creatorswhim

Quality game? You mean an MMO? I thought the MMO business model was to rush the game to market and only add things to attract/retain subscribers.

Not to be totally sarcastic, but what do you expect from an industry committed to minimal investment and optimal return? "Quality" is only a marketing term anymore.

2. Re: Atari Financials Jul 25, 2010, 14:50 Ruffiana

God help us all. Cryptic's business model being the MMO factory and cranking out a mediocre MMO in 2 years and then triple dipping into customer's pockets after launch is actually profitable. Buy the game, pay a sub, and pay for bonus content.

As if it wasn't hard enough to get top quality games out of this genre.

1. Re: Atari Financials Jul 25, 2010, 14:18 The Half Elf

Yeah revenue from STO is up 25% because Cryptic is nickle and dime ya for everything in the game.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo