Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft's Results

Ubisoft's first quarter 2010-11 results are in for the fiscal first quarter ending June 30, 2010. Word is: "Sales for the first quarter totaled €161 million, up 94%, or up 81% at constant exchange rates, compared with the €83 million recorded for the first quarter 2009-10. As announced on July 12th, sales for the first-quarter of 2010-11 exceeded the guidance (of approximately €145 million) announced at the time of the 2009-10 full-year earnings communication." They attribute this to "the solid performance of Splinter Cell Conviction," a "good performance by back-catalog and casual titles, spurred by the sustained sales of Just Dance®, as well as Assassin’s Creed® 2 and Avatar," as well as "a favorable exchange rate impact." The announcement doesn't cover profits and losses, except for this reference: "Ubisoft confirms its previous forecast for the full year 2010-11 of an expected return to profitable growth and positive cash flow from operating activities." Thanks joao.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Ubisoft's Results Jul 23, 2010, 09:52 ASeven

nofb wrote on Jul 23, 2010, 07:08:
@Jay: It's a breakdown, not absolute figures. It just means the main bulk of the sales is now on the XBox platform.

I certainly hope their DRM and frame of mind regarding their customers cost them and set an example, though, but that's wishful thinking as long as people keep buying their products.

16€ mil in 1Q2010 against 11m€ in 1Q2011, so yeah, the loss was not only on market share but also in net revenue. People are really not buying Ubisoft's games, even though there has been a ton of releases for PC, some exclusives.

So in conclusion, Ubisoft has failed financially.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Ubisoft's Results Jul 23, 2010, 09:13 Iridium

It's also worth wondering how much the Assassin's Creed 2 sales they're so positive about were driven by hardware bundling. I built a new PC at the same time it came out, and got a free copy with the CPU. What percentage of PC sales of the game were driven by bundling, and what percentage by people willing to suffer the DRM?  

6. Re: Ubisoft's Results Jul 23, 2010, 07:08 nofb

@Jay: It's a breakdown, not absolute figures. It just means the main bulk of the sales is now on the XBox platform.

I certainly hope their DRM and frame of mind regarding their customers cost them and set an example, though, but that's wishful thinking as long as people keep buying their products.

5. Re: Ubisoft's Results Jul 23, 2010, 05:09 BobBob

Indie games FTW.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

4. Re: Ubisoft's Results Jul 23, 2010, 02:16 Muscular Beaver

Their shares went down ~36% since April and 80% since mid 2008.
I would jump off while I still can, like EA did.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2010, 02:26.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

3. Re: Ubisoft's Results Jul 23, 2010, 01:30 Jay

20% of sales dropped to 7%. I wouldn't be surprised if their shitty DRM contributed to the drop.  

2. Re: Ubisoft's Results Jul 22, 2010, 22:46 Kxmode

This is classic shareholder, PR, happy double-speak. In other words they stretched and bent the truth as far as possible without blatant fabrications. If I owned shares in Ubisoft I would dump them, immediately, especially after EA dumped their 14% minority interest. 14% is huge.  

1. Re: Ubisoft's Results Jul 22, 2010, 22:46 fujiJuice

What about PC sales only?  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo