Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Trailer

The StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Join the Dominion Website offers a new StarCraft II: Ghosts of the Past Trailer with an impressive cinematic paving the way for next week's release of the real-time strategy sequel. The two-and-a-half minute trailer is embedded below.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 17:27 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 13:41:
You really aren't a hardcore PC gamer unless you quit all FPS games when Doom came out in 1993. It was really just a remade Wolfenstein 3d.

/ut (uncomfortable truth!)

/b (blasphemy!)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 13:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yifes wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 06:50:
I know. The basic mechanics of shooting people is largely unchanged, which is why I haven't played a new FPS since 1999.

/s

You really aren't a hardcore PC gamer unless you quit all FPS games when Doom came out in 1993. It was really just a remade Wolfenstein 3d.

/ut (uncomfortable truth!)

31. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 11:53 Eldaron Imotholin

As for good movies (totally off-topic but I HAVE to plant this somewhere!)

You guys gotta watch Inception! Seriously, if you have free time and in for a cinema.. go! It's perfect. It's awesome. It's godlike.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

30. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 10:47 nin

but I can't WAIT to see the crazy mods people come up with.

Check these videos out - pretty cool. Chess, Asteroids, a 3rd person shooter, all as mods for SC2...

http://tinyurl.com/3y9cun4

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

29. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 10:41 HoSpanky

Again, the single player game isn't any shorter than the original Starcraft, it's just all done with one race. I doubt the 2 expansions will be $60 each, although I wouldn't expect them to be less than $40 either.

Blizzard hasn't put out a bad game yet. They've killed at LEAST 2 near-finished (one was completely finished) projects because they weren't pleased with how they turned out. If any company can sell their games on faith alone, it's Blizzard.

I'm not only excited to play the SP game and some versus (although I'll admit I'm not a HUGE fan of the versus), but I can't WAIT to see the crazy mods people come up with.

edited to make the 2nd paragraph seem less ADHD.

28. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 09:10 Dades

I don't know either, I don't think I can justify $180 on the same game to the wife  

27. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 09:08 Eldaron Imotholin

Dades wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 09:03:

No lan support, online activation for singleplayer required, game had its singleplayer split up into three products, realid crap, etc.

That's all stuff I've read about, I'm not passing judgment on the game or something. I don't think you could have missed it unless you were living on the moon for the past year

Ah, yes, those things! For some reason I thought you meant stuff about the actual game experience.

The worst thing is the splitting up into three products. I'm not sure this is going to work, either. You'd think that after one Campaign people have seen enough and although they'd welcome more, it'd not be worth 60 bucks.

26. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 09:03 Dades

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 08:54:

I've not been searching for press-talk about this game, but so far I've read nothing but praises :\

No lan support, online activation for singleplayer required, game had its singleplayer split up into three products, realid crap, etc.

That's all stuff I've read about, I'm not passing judgment on the game or something. I don't think you could have missed it unless you were living on the moon for the past year

25. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 08:54 Eldaron Imotholin

Dades wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 08:48:
ASeven wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 08:25:
At this moment and despite Activision being Activision and b.netII being something awful, I do wish this game sells millions of units so everyone who keeps shouting PC gaming is dead will shut the FUCK UP ALREADY.

Not to mention that, for the first time in my life, a PC game is dominating the amazon game charts in all formats, including hardware. Now that's a sight to behold.

I haven't played Starcraft II but every time I see it come up in the press its usually something negative so I'm not even sure I necessarily want it to be associated with PC gaming anymore

The trailer was good but I don't know if its enough to get me to buy the game. My excitement level for this franchise isn't what it used to be, maybe if it was 5 years earlier or something I'd be running to the store.

I've not been searching for press-talk about this game, but so far I've read nothing but praises :\

As for ASeven: Can't agree more with you. Starcraft II will possibly be the weapon we PC gamers can use in discussions with console gamers, in the near future. *grins*

24. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 08:48 Dades

ASeven wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 08:25:
At this moment and despite Activision being Activision and b.netII being something awful, I do wish this game sells millions of units so everyone who keeps shouting PC gaming is dead will shut the FUCK UP ALREADY.

Not to mention that, for the first time in my life, a PC game is dominating the amazon game charts in all formats, including hardware. Now that's a sight to behold.

I haven't played Starcraft II but every time I see it come up in the press its usually something negative so I'm not even sure I necessarily want it to be associated with PC gaming anymore

The trailer was good but I don't know if its enough to get me to buy the game. My excitement level for this franchise isn't what it used to be, maybe if it was 5 years earlier or something I'd be running to the store.

23. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 08:25 ASeven

22. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 08:06 InBlack

Why is everyone so fucking surprised? This is Blizzard we're talking about here! Hello??? I know some of you who frequent Blues are fairly new here but most of you are old enough to remember that tjese guys have been making quality cut-scenes since Diablo 1....

They have always been one step ahead of the competition (Westwood)...

I have a nifty blue line!

21. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 07:27 Eldaron Imotholin

I applaud Blizzard once again. I hate RTS games. They don't get me immersed and they're basically all the same except for the models, levels and story.

But this movie elicited emotions within me like watching the trailer of an epic movie you just HAVE to see asap. Now this is a psychological thing, which is why I applaud Blizzard: because now I want Starcraft II.

20. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 06:50 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 03:59:
As far as the single player campaign, maybe it is amazing, but the basic game mechanics seem largely unchanged from SC1 to me, and not really that interesting to me anymore. I played enough SC1 back in the day to be sick of it now. I'm sure Blizzard will still make millions without my $60, don't feel threatened.

I know. The basic mechanics of shooting people is largely unchanged, which is why I haven't played a new FPS since 1999.

/s

19. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 06:31 eunichron

Is it wrong that I think Kerrigan looks hot as the zerg queen?

I'd totally hit it. Think of what she can do with all of those limbs!

18. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 06:09 BobBob

Terribly cliche scripting.  

17. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 05:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

InBlack wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 04:30:
Hmmm I guess you missed the /s.
As in /sarcasm??

No, I saw and understood it. However I felt the need to elaborate, seeing as how his post was half sarcastic(and fairly clever)/half misinterpretation.

I will now type ggnore(classic SC1 bnet) at the end of this, so you cannot ever reply.

ggnore.

16. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 04:30 InBlack

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 03:59:
Coolone wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 03:47:
Yeah with all the campaign levels the beta testers got to try out, it's a real shame that these CG artists got screwed.

/s

I never said they got screwed, hooray for reading comprehension. However I would rather pay standard movie rates and get around 2 hours of high quality CGI, rather than 60 bucks for scattered minutes of cutscenes in a game. My personal opinion, of course.

As far as the single player campaign, maybe it is amazing, but the basic game mechanics seem largely unchanged from SC1 to me, and not really that interesting to me anymore. I played enough SC1 back in the day to be sick of it now. I'm sure Blizzard will still make millions without my $60, don't feel threatened.

I might bargain bin this eventually, mostly for the CGI it looks like. Of course the cutscenes will all be on youtube by the second day after release, so...

Hmmm I guess you missed the /s.

As in /sarcasm??

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 04:13 shinchan0s

Welp. I'm impressed. Now I want an animated TV miniseries!  

14. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 04:10 Coolone

No need to get your knickers in a knot, Nancy.  

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo