Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo

The Arma 2 Website now offers a playable demo for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, the standalone expansion for their military first-person shooter. The demo includes a single-player mission, a couple of single-player scenarios, three Boot Camp scenarios, multiplayer missions, the "Team Deathmatch" multiplayer template, and the Mission Editor, which includes the ability to save and load your scenarios. This page lists download mirrors, and the demo is also available on ComputerGames.ro, FanGaming.com, and Gamer's Hell. Here's Bohemia Interactive's description of the demo: "This 3GB demo thrusts you straight into the unique gameplay featured in the full version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead; it showcases the realistic sandbox environment, offers multiplayer gameplay, and gives you a peek at the vast array of vehicles, weapons, units at your disposal. The demo offers a massive amount of highly detailed content, giving you a sharp flavour of the epic new environment (modelled on real-world data), a full taste of the mission editor, and a real appetite to experience the most authentic mil-sim available: war without the training wheels."

View
15. Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo Jul 21, 2010, 12:33 Muscular Beaver

Drayth wrote on Jul 21, 2010, 11:55:
ArmA II engine is very stable as far as I can tell, Ant. I don't see any bug complaints other then one rare one involving MG nests on the forums. That one's just a nuisance, sometimes you can't kill a guy who is mounted to a machine gun.

Other then that the game runs great on my system. Course I've never had problems with crashes even in ArmA 1, but like I said, the forums seem happy enough.

I know usually ArmA demos suck, it's usually an early version of the code, but this is well into the ArmA II engine's life.

To be fair, its not really perfect.
The bug you mentioned can happen with anything. If stuff is far away from you behind a small hill or ledge and you zoom in with a scope, you sometimes can see over that ledge (most of the time when you are prone). When you try to shoot the target, it will just hit the invisible hill in front of it.
Also the engine has a lot of Z-Fighting when zooming in. It even pisses me off sometimes.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 20, 17:05 Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo Learning
  2. Jul 20, 17:23  Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo Wildone
  4. Jul 20, 20:05   Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo eRe4s3r
  11. Jul 21, 09:39    Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo kylania
  5. Jul 21, 01:01  Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo LittleMe
  6. Jul 21, 01:02  Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo Drayth
  9. Jul 21, 08:30  Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo Ant
  12. Jul 21, 11:34   Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo jimnms
  3. Jul 20, 19:49 Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Demo jimnms