Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Team Fortress 2 Patched

Steam News announces the release of a new automatic patch for Team Fortress 2, Valve's teamplay shooter sequel. The change list follows.

Team Fortress 2

• Added a Parasite hat to celebrate the release of Alien Swarm (http://www.alienswarm.com/)
  • Fixed a client crash when opening the backpack while running in a language other than English.
  • Fixed not being able to pick-up buildings in Arena mode.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed team kills with Wrangled sentries.
  • Fixed a bug where teleporters could be given more than their normal amount of health.
  • Fixed old demos with different data tables thinking the SourceTV player entity was burning.
  • TF Bot Changes
    • Improved performance of bot computations that are done when a point is captured, a round starts, or a checkpoint reached.
    • Fixed Engineer bot infinite build-destroy behavior loop regression
    • Fixed Medic bots losing their charge if they touch a resupply cabinet
    • Fixed a crash due to having multiple types of bot systems running in-game simultaneously
    • Fixed bot behavior issue resulting in bot pile-ups near level 3 teleporter entrances
    • Bots no longer consider sapped sentries a dangerous threat
    • Bots will not try to navigate through enemy spawn rooms (unless they have won the round)
    • Bot Engineers will avoid building teleporters on steep slopes which can hinder teammate movement
    • Added tf_bot_pyro_always_reflect cvar. Set to 1 to make Pyro bots always reflect projectiles, regardless of difficulty level.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 21, 2010, 01:12 mag

Four more people on ignore. What a lucrative thread!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 17:43 Kosumo

Over crying yet??

Every time there is a new patch for TF2 there is some level of downtime for everyone, boohoo. Most of the time it take several hours for the dedicated severs to get patched up.

Sounds like you just needed a big cry, that or you should stop buying Valve/steam software so it can never happen to you again since it was so bad.

11. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 15:41 Silent Bob

fouteur de porc Vous!  

10. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 15:33 LittleMe

If you ever have problems connecting to steam, then change your download region to something less "populated" (like France).

Yeah France is a good choice because their language is so amazing. When they curse and it's like wiping your ass with silk. That's why no one there is playing TF2.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

9. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 15:25 CannibalBob

If you ever have problems connecting to steam, then change your download region to something less "populated" (like France).  

"If you like it, they will stop making it" - Herblock's Law

8. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 15:16 Silent Bob

The servers were crippled because of the Alien Swarm release yesterday.  

7. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 15:16 theyarecomingforyou

Waah? What, how dare I wanna play the game I paid for? fuck me eh!
I'm sorry but surely you own more than one game? Certainly I agree that it would be better if it had 100% uptime but we're talking about Valve supporting and improving the game. It's not like we're talking about a business critical productivity suite. I'd much rather a developer continue to expand upon their game than let it stagnate. So, to sum up... yes, you are whining.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 13:46 Dr. D. Schreber

I got the parasite hat before I realized it existed 'cause one of the achievements in Alien Swarm will give it to you. It's pretty adorable, but it's got nothing on the Pyro's Futurama hat.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2010, 14:20.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 12:47 Wallshadows

I got the same problem, tried it again about 30 seconds later, and it worked fine and full speed.

Servers were likely crippled from the patch and the free game but then again you can't always count on technology or you'll look silly when you flip out so relax.

4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 12:09 Wildone

Waah? What, how dare I wanna play the game I paid for? fuck me eh!  

3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 11:54 frag.machine

Wildone wrote on Jul 20, 2010, 11:06:
Tried to place this last night it said "steam servers currently too busy try again later" excuse me? I wanna play my fucking game I paid for. Tried like 8 more times and gave up. Fuck you.

I'm fine with servers busy just after a patch release. I can wait to download the patch in the next day if it's the case. What really pisses me off is being kicked from a perfectly normal game because "VAC servers went down", or suddenly realize all my loadout is temporarily unavailable in the middle of the battle because "this server lost connection with VAC servers". Looks like TF2 grew beyond Valve expectations (and infrastructure).

2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 11:27 Pineapple Ferguson

Waaaaaah!  

1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 20, 2010, 11:06 Wildone

Tried to place this last night it said "steam servers currently too busy try again later" excuse me? I wanna play my fucking game I paid for. Tried like 8 more times and gave up. Fuck you.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo