Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Sales

The Official Ubisoft Online Store is now holding a Summer LOL sale, saying "turn your summer lull onto a summer LOL." They are offering 20%-67% off on a boatload of games.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 21:57 ASeven

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 21:44:
ASeven wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 19:15:
LOL thanks for the support but I'm one of those tards and Ubisoft PC sales did go down 1% from 2009 to 2010 LOL

Dude, come on. Don't you go and disappoint uncle CJ now like zirik did. I hope we all know that you gotta put a number like that in perspective to the whole market. The entire PC video game market declined -23%(!) in 2009. So -1% is frickin' outrageously awesome. Ubi outperformed the market big time. Yeah, I know, it's only retail but console retail was down -11% in 2009 as well. There is no way in hell that downloads made up for the entire decline.
Everyone knows that consumer spendings were way down last year because of that little worldwide financial meltdown. For Ubi to lose only -1% of their PC sales (which they probably give less than a rat's ass about anyway compared to the sales on consoles) means that they prolly had a frog-eating orgy with Moulin Rouge hookers and some of the finest Moet & Chandon vintage champagne.

So anyway... if there is anyone who seriously believes that Ubi was or is hurting from the extremely small vocal minority who are boycotting them then all I can say is: Light 'nother pipe and keep dreamin' boyz!

Well you do have access to their fiscal reports on their site. The funny thing is that they always put the quarterly and yearly market shares not in $ won per platform but in % of contributed net revenue per platform. True that the other platforms fell like rocks but the DRM was supposed to help sales which it didn't. The potential sales lost did hurt their bottom line and those -1% of variance could have and should have been 4% or maybe more.

Now that the market is in a deep decline, as the June's figures show a fall of 8% in the US and 16% in the Uk for the whole gaming industry, now that's another story but considering that in all other publishers PC platform sales were up and Ubisoft were not, even though it had strong titles, some PC exclusives, should tell the whole tale.

Believe it, the DRM has hurt them. Not as much as a lot of people say it did but it did hurt them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 21:44 CJ_Parker

ASeven wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 19:15:
LOL thanks for the support but I'm one of those tards and Ubisoft PC sales did go down 1% from 2009 to 2010 LOL

Dude, come on. Don't you go and disappoint uncle CJ now like zirik did. I hope we all know that you gotta put a number like that in perspective to the whole market. The entire PC video game market declined -23%(!) in 2009. So -1% is frickin' outrageously awesome. Ubi outperformed the market big time. Yeah, I know, it's only retail but console retail was down -11% in 2009 as well. There is no way in hell that downloads made up for the entire decline.
Everyone knows that consumer spendings were way down last year because of that little worldwide financial meltdown. For Ubi to lose only -1% of their PC sales (which they probably give less than a rat's ass about anyway compared to the sales on consoles) means that they prolly had a frog-eating orgy with Moulin Rouge hookers and some of the finest Moet & Chandon vintage champagne.

So anyway... if there is anyone who seriously believes that Ubi was or is hurting from the extremely small vocal minority who are boycotting them then all I can say is: Light 'nother pipe and keep dreamin' boyz!

21. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 19:15 ASeven

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 17:16:
Honestly. It's hard to believe just how fucking retarded you are, zirik. After ASeven kindly educated you on the difference between a regular year vs a fiscal year you should have STFU, crept back into the hole you came from and wept like a puppy about your own stupidity. It is incredible that instead you chose to prove that you're not just stupid but absolutely, completely and totally retarded beyond any recognition or hope of salvation. Gratz on an all new low, man. I mean it's always been clear to me that you anti-DRM tards aren't the brightest bulbs in the universe but you're like dark matter, dude. Jesus H Christ....

20. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 17:16 CJ_Parker

Honestly. It's hard to believe just how fucking retarded you are, zirik. After ASeven kindly educated you on the difference between a regular year vs a fiscal year you should have STFU, crept back into the hole you came from and wept like a puppy about your own stupidity. It is incredible that instead you chose to prove that you're not just stupid but absolutely, completely and totally retarded beyond any recognition or hope of salvation. Gratz on an all new low, man. I mean it's always been clear to me that you anti-DRM tards aren't the brightest bulbs in the universe but you're like dark matter, dude. Jesus H Christ....

19. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 17:11 Paketep

I LOL at Ubi and at CJ_Parker  

18. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 15:33 ASeven

zirik wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 13:52:
ASeven wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 13:11:
zirik wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 11:15:
you need to read that document carefully. its estimated sales year over year for 2011 not 2010. LOL.

Well, it is the Fiscal Year, not regular year LOL

yeah estimated 2010-2011. youre in the illiterate bandwagon too. LOL.

LOL considering fiscal reports and estimated sales report only operate in Fiscal years and that the fiscal year of 2010 ended in March 31st 2010 and the final reports are in and we're already on first quarter 2011 fiscal year I guess the illiterate here is you LOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

17. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 14:45 mlw

LOL I guarantee there were lost sales. Lost sales to myself. LOL and HaHa.  

16. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 14:33 wtf_man

15. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 13:52 zirik

ASeven wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 13:11:
you need to read that document carefully. its estimated sales year over year for 2011 not 2010. LOL.

yeah estimated 2010-2011. youre in the illiterate bandwagon too. LOL.

14. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 13:11 ASeven

13. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 11:21 JohnnyRotten

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 08:31:
Tomas wrote on Jul 17, 2010, 23:38:
I wonder if the lost sales from pissed off old customers add up. I wish we could see the numbers.

What "lost sales"? What's giving you crazy anti-DRM lunatics the retarded idea that Ubi may have lost sales? A couple angry nerd rage posts on teh intahnetz? LOL indeed.
No, Sir. Ubi is doing really well. For Q1/2010 they expected sales of ~EUR 145 million but ended up with ~EUR 160 million. Sales were up 93% (i.e. they almost doubled their income) compared to the same period a year ago when they only made EUR 83 million.
These numbers are a forecast. Final data will be posted on July 22nd.
Source: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/gallery_files/site/270/1042/2311.pdf

Now go cry in a corner and stop molesting us adults, k? thx

Apples to oranges. Not having any products to push last fiscal year/same quarter tends to skew the numbers in a quarter when you do. The upcoming Q3 numbers will probably show a large falloff of sales as they are planning to push all Q3 releases into the holiday (Q4) season. So by your logic, in Q3, I believe you must now go cry in a corner and stop molesting us adults, k, thx.

A better comparison might be outlook for Q2, in which they have two new products (hawk2, ruse)coming out and expect the same sales results as the year before. Apples to apples. Yes, sir.

Oh, and ubi - you can go fuck yourself.

LOL indeed.

12. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 11:15 zirik

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 18, 2010, 08:31:
What "lost sales"? What's giving you crazy anti-DRM lunatics the retarded idea that Ubi may have lost sales? A couple angry nerd rage posts on teh intahnetz? LOL indeed.
No, Sir. Ubi is doing really well. For Q1/2010 they expected sales of ~EUR 145 million but ended up with ~EUR 160 million. Sales were up 93% (i.e. they almost doubled their income) compared to the same period a year ago when they only made EUR 83 million.

11. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 10:30 ASeven

LOL PC sales were down 1% from 2009 fiscal year to 2010 fiscal year. So yeah, maybe the lost sales did have an impact. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.  

10. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 08:31 CJ_Parker

Tomas wrote on Jul 17, 2010, 23:38:
I wonder if the lost sales from pissed off old customers add up. I wish we could see the numbers.

9. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 06:35 Dev

LOL is right.
Settlers 7 gold is $5 cheaper than Settlers 7 normal.
Same LOL thing with silent hunter 5 gold vs normal.

8. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 18, 2010, 01:16 Xirix

LOL..fu UBI!  

7. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 17, 2010, 23:51 Acleacius

101, l0z00rs!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 17, 2010, 23:38 Tomas

Heh, kind of expected this reaction here. Frankly, it's exactly what I thought as well. Anyhow, Ubi is dead to me. It's a shame, years ago I used to look at them and think, wow, that's a company that is doing things right. It's crazy how things change. Sad, too, as I've interest in a few of their recent titles. I wonder if the lost sales from pissed off old customers add up. I wish we could see the numbers.  

5. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 17, 2010, 22:42 mag

lulz  

4. Re: Ubisoft Sales Jul 17, 2010, 20:41 GayBlade

LOL. I no longer support this crap company no matter what they say or do. They have lost all credibility with me.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo