Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday

Steam News reflects back on the two years since Valve hired the developers of Alien Swarm, saying they have not forgotten the game, and that in between other projects, the team spent a lot of time bringing the game to the Source engine. Their plan is to release the updated version on Monday for free, along with an SDK, saying: "In addition to the game, Valve will also release the complete code base for Alien Swarm. This includes updates to the Source engine SDK and full Steamworks integration. If you’ve ever thought about developing a mod on the Source engine with Steamworks, this release provides more insight and examples for using Steamworks in game production."

View
9. Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday Jul 17, 2010, 22:05 Shadowcat

Yeah, this is an awesome surprise. I'm not sure I like all of the changes I see in the screenshots (compared to the original), but I'll still eat my hat if this doesn't kick ass. Congrats again, Black Cat!  
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 16, 21:54 Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday Bucky
  7. Jul 17, 14:45  Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday BicycleRepairMan
  2. Jul 16, 22:06 Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday PunkiBastardo
  3. Jul 17, 04:29  Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday Reactor
  4. Jul 17, 04:46   Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday BobBob
  6. Jul 17, 12:58    Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday Mangrove
  5. Jul 17, 12:49  Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday Bet
  8. Jul 17, 16:05 Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday Ant
>> 9. Jul 17, 22:05 Re: Free Alien Swarm & DLC Monday Shadowcat

footer