Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced

Focus Home Interactive announces they are publishing A Game of Thrones: Genesis, a new strategy game by Cyanide Studio (Pro Cycling Manager, Blood Bowl), based on George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series of fantasy novels. Accompanied by a couple of pieces of panoramic artwork, the announcement says the game will require you to "match your political prowess with your strategic and military skills." Here's more:

"A Game of Thrones: Genesis" plunges you into the heart of the battles and intrigues between the Families that shaped the Kingdom of Westeros. However, victory does not necessarily result from brute force. The innovative game mechanics provide players with numerous paths to success: will you opt for a military, economic or diplomatic approach? Trickery, treachery and deceit are widespread and you will constantly have to watch your back if you want to avoid a bitter defeat! Peacefully or forcefully annex surrounding territories, besiege enemy castles, send spies to infiltrate behind enemy lines, assassinate trouble-making officers or capture them to ask for a ransom... When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground!

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 18, 2010, 15:21 Jeraxle

You hate him for doing other stuff than Ice and Fire? You hate him for being a huge nerd who likes miniatures and games? You hate him for his passions?

Wow. If so, you are truly close-minded and navel-gazing.

And if you are talking about the splitting of the books, he has said he regretted doing that and in Dance there will be chapters from characters in Feast whose story in that book ended in a cliffhanger. It won't be purely POV from characters not in Feast.

It's amazing how one can construe so much from so little. I said nothing of the sort that you are referring to. But alas, this is the internet and every asshole can spew his 'opinion' en mass.

As far as your last paragraph, that is what I was referring to. However, a regret doesn't unscrew a pregnant woman. He ruined the series by breaking the books up. Sir Davos anyone?

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 17, 2010, 23:01 Bludd

Jeraxle wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 19:49:

I think he works on it every day if he can. He's struggling with it and I have every faith in him releasing the book. It will come out and it will be great.

I wish I had your faith. After the last book, I started hating him for his 'business decisions' and personally for what he writes on his 'not a blog' that is surprisingly just that.
You hate him for doing other stuff than Ice and Fire? You hate him for being a huge nerd who likes miniatures and games? You hate him for his passions?

Wow. If so, you are truly close-minded and navel-gazing.

And if you are talking about the splitting of the books, he has said he regretted doing that and in Dance there will be chapters from characters in Feast whose story in that book ended in a cliffhanger. It won't be purely POV from characters not in Feast.

13. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 17, 2010, 08:35 The PC Warrior

like george will never finish the series, they will never finish this game.  

12. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 21:17 Akuinnen

Eh.. bought A Feast for Crows with high expectations when it first came out and struggled through it.

I've already probably forgotten most of the characters and will have finished the whole Discworld series before the next books comes out.

11. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 19:49 Jeraxle

I think he works on it every day if he can. He's struggling with it and I have every faith in him releasing the book. It will come out and it will be great.

I wish I had your faith. After the last book, I started hating him for his 'business decisions' and personally for what he writes on his 'not a blog' that is surprisingly just that.

10. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 18:51 Bludd

9. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 17:38 Tomas

From the looks of things he works on it about once every two or three weeks. It's never going to get done. I think he's lost his interest in the series.

Hope at least the game is good.

8. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 17:19 Jeraxle

Allegedly book 5 is really, really close to being finished now. In Martin-time (which is what people used before they invented the more accurate Valve clock) that means we might see it by Christmas ...2011 or 2012.

LOL!!! He's been 'really, really close' for 4 years now. The man will die before the series is finished because he's stopped working on it.

7. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 17:07 Golwar

I wonder if Cyanide Studio is capable of doing this. Didn't play any of their games, but imho this license seems a bit too ambitious. Well, I'd like to be proven wrong.  

6. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 17:03 Hyatus

I hope Martin doesn't have a hand in this. We won't see it for ten years.  

5. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 16:48 Bucky

I just wish he'd finish the damn book already.  

4. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 16:32 UConnBBall

Well there are several board games and even a card collectible game. This is a great universe to do several games. Just hope we can see A level RTS games again.  

3. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 16:29 slaka

First books were great, but gets very fragmented afterwards. Martin has been taking a lot of heat over Book 5.  

2. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 15:42 nutshell42

Allegedly book 5 is really, really close to being finished now. In Martin-time (which is what people used before they invented the more accurate Valve clock) that means we might see it by Christmas ...2011 or 2012.  

1. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 15:20 Bludd

Books are great, HBO is making a highly anticipated TV series and now this. Hopefully the game will be good.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo