Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bond Game Revealed?

Though the next James Bond movie is in jeopardy of being axed, it's possible a new James Bond game called Blood Stone is in development, according to GamePron, who discovered clues to that effect in a now-deleted post on a Eurythmics fan site, of all places (apparently the game will feature a song co-written by Eurythmic Dave Stewart). According to their story, the game is in development for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 at Bizarre Creations, who were known to be working on a Bond game not tied to a specific movie as far back as December 2008. Word is Blood Stone will feature a story by screenwriter Bruce Feirstein (GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough), and the likenesses of singer/songwriter and actress Joss Stone as a Bond girl with Daniel Craig and Judi Dench reprising their roles from the films. They report the game will feature 16-player multiplayer support, and lending the unconfirmed report credibility is a quote purportedly from David Pokress, Head of Marketing for Licensed Properties, Activision Publishing: "James Bond 007: Blood Stone captures the cinematic intensity of a Bond film by immersing players in an intriguing conspiracy that will require them to think and act like James Bond. In addition, the game will feature a diverse array of multi-player modes and debut strategic objective-based gameplay that will allow Xbox 360, PS3 and PC players to battle as teams of spies and mercenaries through authentic Bond locales."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 16, 2010, 18:55 StingingVelvet

Mangrove wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 10:07:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 01:40:
Even Goldeneye was only good if you were a console-only gamer and were like "FPS WHA?"

I don't know about that. It was pretty innovative. At the time fps games were just about charging around killing monsters. In Goldeneye you were actually up against humans and could sneak around them if you wanted, going for silent kills and avoid tripping alarms. It predates even Thief for stealth mechanics. The objectives were pretty varied and could be done in a different order and weren't just key hunts like quake2 or whatever else was out at the time. Plus it had outdoor areas, which was something you didn't really see in fps games either.

Duke Nukem had outdoor areas aplenty and a lot of other stuff you mentioned and came out a year before. Half-Life blew away everything and came out less than a year later.

I grant you it sort of introduced the whole sneaky mission style of FPS, but NOLF and Thief and several others quickly blew it away. Plus, as a PC FPS gamer I just thought the controls and multiplayer were fucking terrible, and the multiplayer is what gets a lot of praise in Goldeneye, based solely on console gamers never experiencing FPS multiplayer before.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 16, 2010, 11:14 nin

I enjoyed the hell out of goldeneye.

It was a ton of fun, especially in multi. Rather disappointed it never got ported, as the upcoming Goldeneye game seems to having nothing in common, other than the name.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 16, 2010, 10:51 fujiJuice

Even Goldeneye was only good if you were a console-only gamer and were like "FPS WHA?"

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I was/am a hardcore FPS player on the PC at the time, I still have the original Quake package I pre-ordered directly from id, and I enjoyed the hell out of goldeneye. It had great multiplayer maps, gameplay modes, and weapons, single player was enjoyable too. I also think to this day that N64 had the most FPS friendly controller.

7. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 16, 2010, 10:28 mch

Bingo.

PSN: CaseDesignate

6. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 16, 2010, 10:13 Grumpy Sod

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 09:40:
Grumpy Sod wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 07:59:
Anonymous wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 22:01:
...and that cool action-sequence one

Everything or Nothing?

It could of just been the console shooting mechanics of that time, but I thought that game sucked.

Nightfire was okay... certainly not great or anything.

I didn't think much of Nightfire, what I played just felt like a weak fps. Everything or Nothing threw enough variation and did it in a very confident and cinematic way I thought. First time the bond girl got dumped out of a helicopter and Bond just dove after her and straight into a free fall level I thought it was great.

5. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 16, 2010, 10:07 Mangrove

I don't know about that. It was pretty innovative. At the time fps games were just about charging around killing monsters. In Goldeneye you were actually up against humans and could sneak around them if you wanted, going for silent kills and avoid tripping alarms. It predates even Thief for stealth mechanics. The objectives were pretty varied and could be done in a different order and weren't just key hunts like quake2 or whatever else was out at the time. Plus it had outdoor areas, which was something you didn't really see in fps games either.

4. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 16, 2010, 09:40 StingingVelvet

Grumpy Sod wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 07:59:

Everything or Nothing?

It could of just been the console shooting mechanics of that time, but I thought that game sucked.

Nightfire was okay... certainly not great or anything.

3. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 16, 2010, 07:59 Grumpy Sod

Everything or Nothing?

2. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 16, 2010, 01:40 StingingVelvet

Most of the bond games have sucked (minus Goldeneye and that cool action-sequence one).

I wonder how many millions they're going to spend on this load of crap.

Quantum of Solace wasn't horrible... average if I ever saw average.

1. Re: Bond Game Revealed? Jul 15, 2010, 22:01 Lit_Reflex001

Most of the bond games have sucked (minus Goldeneye and that cool action-sequence one).

I wonder how many millions they're going to spend on this load of crap.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo