Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Pre-Downloads

The Battle.net Web Beta is now offering the opportunity to pre-download the digitally distributed edition of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, provided you plan to purchase the game directly from Blizzard, warning: "If you are planning to buy a boxed copy from a retail store, this is not for you!" This will allow players to begin playing more quickly when the game goes on sale on July 27. Blizzard has previously stated that digital distribution would come after the real-time strategy sequel appeared in stores, but it turns out they were splitting hairs, saying: "They’ll go on sale slightly later, on 07/27/2010 10:00 AM PDT in North America and Latin America." Thanks IncGamers.

View
109 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

109. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 19:47 Luke

And here I was thinking it was the return of JEFF K.

hehe good one , and thx

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

108. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 19:24  Blue 

Yifes wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 19:14:
now now carm down young padawan , your belive in this is strong i see , tho don't let the dark side get you go get some air i think you need it hehe

I knew it. You're Yoda, judging from your terrible English.

And here I was thinking it was the return of JEFF K.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

107. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 19:23 Yifes

and Yoda is a wise one , so ty next one plz

You're right, I forgot that Yoda was wise. You just have terrible English.

106. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 19:22 Yifes

Prez wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 18:46:
Why are we still arguing a point that was made moot when Blizzard very reasonably decided to back off Real ID?

Because some people think it was all a lie. Apparently Blizzard does exactly the opposite of what they say they're going to do, and will force everyone to use Facebook in order to play their games. Similarly, when Blizzard says there'll be no LAN support, it means that there actually will be.

My bad for arguing with idiots over the internet. It's a nasty habit of mine.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2010, 19:27.

105. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 19:21 Luke

Yifes wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 19:14:
now now carm down young padawan , your belive in this is strong i see , tho don't let the dark side get you go get some air i think you need it hehe

and Yoda is a wise one , so ty next one plz

104. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 19:14 Yifes

103. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 19:08 Luke

Yifes wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 17:32:
so why the f do you think they made a deal with Faceshet? , not to think any kind of faceshet will be implanted is stupid opt yea right till they have sold some of the new games then it will come

CNN.com and 1/2 of the websites on the internet have optional facebook. Bluesnews uses Twitter. You think they all will eventually force you to use facebook/twitter?

Here's the latest Blizz FAQ on RealID, released today:
"We hope players will find this feature convenient, but it's completely optional. In the long term, we hope to give players who use Facebook some fun, and also optional, ways to share what they're doing in Blizzard games with their friends"

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/112239/blizzard-real-id-faq

They have never secretly changed anything, so unless they announce that they plan on making facebook mandatory, you and The PC Warrior are just straight up pulling shit out of your ass.

102. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 18:46 Prez

Why are we still arguing a point that was made moot when Blizzard very reasonably decided to back off Real ID?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

101. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 17:32 Yifes

so why the f do you think they made a deal with Faceshet? , not to think any kind of faceshet will be implanted is stupid opt yea right till they have sold some of the new games then it will come

CNN.com and 1/2 of the websites on the internet have optional facebook. Bluesnews uses Twitter. You think they all will eventually force you to use facebook/twitter?

Here's the latest Blizz FAQ on RealID, released today:
"We hope players will find this feature convenient, but it's completely optional. In the long term, we hope to give players who use Facebook some fun, and also optional, ways to share what they're doing in Blizzard games with their friends"

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/112239/blizzard-real-id-faq

They have never secretly changed anything, so unless they announce that they plan on making facebook mandatory, you and The PC Warrior are just straight up pulling shit out of your ass.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2010, 18:21.

100. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 14:02 Luke

I did quote the right one, nin is far more worthless than you sir

haha very kind of you sire

99. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 13:29 Verno

Luke wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 12:49:
Verno wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 10:10:
nin wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 09:50:
Luke, are you attempting to write poems now?

You wouldn't know a paragraph if one smacked you in the face, let alone a poem.

just for the record , remember to quote the right on next time

I did quote the right one, nin is far more worthless than you sir

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

98. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 12:50 Luke

Verno wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 10:45:
While the rest of your post is gibberish at best, I have to admit that FaceBlizz amused me.

for me it wasn't but thats life ^^

97. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 12:49 Luke

Verno wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 10:10:

just for the record , remember to quote the right on next time

96. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 10:45 Verno

While the rest of your post is gibberish at best, I have to admit that FaceBlizz amused me.  

95. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 10:43 Luke

ohh how i wish
that "MY" compani blizz
haven't took
The deal with Facebook
now i am torn
"MY" blizz is gone.

have fun with your faceblizz
i rest my case

94. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 10:10 Verno

93. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 09:50 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

92. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 08:41 Luke

What's clear here is that you believe there's a conspiracy going on between FB and Blizzard, but I'm not quite sure what that conspiracy is. For all I know, you don't even have an actual theory. So why don't you just lay it out on the table so we get an idea with what you think we are dealing with here. How do you think FB is going to benefit from this deal that would negatively affect you? You think they're in it for the money. Well, that's obvious, they ARE a business. No conspiracy there. You don't want FB to have your personal information, yet you have no problem giving that same information to Blizzard and more than likely dozens of other businesses.

Sounds like you're getting yourself all worked up without even considering the reason why.

conspiracy no but a deal with faceshet is in tha house , and what happens with faceshet in tha house is data mining/selling not even leaking personal data , its pure selling

sure they are in it for the money , selling personal data is a very healthy way to earn big money , for them , at the cost of peps

blizzard was a company (in my eyes that did games for gamers , the way they did make quality games can not be discussed)

But

Now we have the Faceshet a company earning money of peoples personal data by selling it off to other company trying to get into games all over the places ,

and now there at blizzard ,

what faceshet is standing for is a no go for me , and to see them at blizz (with there 0- some millions player base) just aint right and if ( and i am sure they will , otherwise i don't see why they are there at all)
they can get most of that player base to accept there Faceshet the hole is made

you have no problem giving that same information to Blizzard and more than likely dozens of other businesses.

no because i belived in blizz i respected them as they stod for great games ,always deliver pro games, and i have build a trust up toward them over years
i don't TRUST/belive in faceshet , once faceshet no turning back for those who have sign up

Sounds like you're getting yourself all worked up without even considering the reason why.

Worked up i would not say , (i am very carm here) just read what i wrote and you see why, i just say what i think , you do to...i think

you go do the faceblizz , i just think it is a shame great game companies goes that way , because if blizz can be turned into that shet , i guess all companies can..or not..lets hope

91. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 07:48 Killswitch

Luke wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 05:49:
no matter what you typing your ip adress is still the same , "were are the most users ? wowface , and faceshet" lets rock , do you really think , that faceshet says : Ok let the user say yes or no to the implant . They made the deal with blizz , now show us the money is there next move,

What's clear here is that you believe there's a conspiracy going on between FB and Blizzard, but I'm not quite sure what that conspiracy is. For all I know, you don't even have an actual theory. So why don't you just lay it out on the table so we get an idea with what you think we are dealing with here. How do you think FB is going to benefit from this deal that would negatively affect you? You think they're in it for the money. Well, that's obvious, they ARE a business. No conspiracy there. You don't want FB to have your personal information, yet you have no problem giving that same information to Blizzard and more than likely dozens of other businesses.

90. How about... Jul 16, 2010, 07:24 The Half Elf

You all agree to disagree and STFU already and enjoy the game for what it is, not what it may or may not do?

Worse then women fighting over the last pair of shoes on a sales rack.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

109 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo