Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Pre-Downloads

The Battle.net Web Beta is now offering the opportunity to pre-download the digitally distributed edition of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, provided you plan to purchase the game directly from Blizzard, warning: "If you are planning to buy a boxed copy from a retail store, this is not for you!" This will allow players to begin playing more quickly when the game goes on sale on July 27. Blizzard has previously stated that digital distribution would come after the real-time strategy sequel appeared in stores, but it turns out they were splitting hairs, saying: "They’ll go on sale slightly later, on 07/27/2010 10:00 AM PDT in North America and Latin America." Thanks IncGamers.

View
109 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

89. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 07:21 Luke

so why the fuck do you think they will secretly make facebook mandatory? Stupid.

so why the f do you think they made a deal with Faceshet? , not to think any kind of faceshet will be implanted is stupid opt yea right till they have sold some of the new games then it will come

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

88. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 06:51 Yifes

you belive them ? , even after what they tried to sneak in for a couple of weeks ago , ok np .....let peps get our new games and then the deal with faceshet will show its true face , don't you think faceshet is in this deal ohh and the other third compagny , for the money? i do

Faceshet is in tha house and that meens data is on its way out were i don't want it

They didn't try to "sneak" in shit. They tried to make Real Id required to post in forums, and then they backed off. They ANNOUNCED everything that they've tried to do, long before they did it. Real ID is optional and doesn't even require facebook, so why the fuck do you think they will secretly make facebook mandatory? Stupid.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2010, 07:13.

87. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 06:05 Luke

Of course you're going to ignore the "completely optional" part. Maybe you've been living under a rock these past two years, but Facebook has seen ridiculously insane growth as it somehow easily kicked Myspace's ass and now a bajillion people use it. A sane person would see it as the best of both worlds that they're including this functionality to reach out to that market, and at the same time making it optional to please privacy advocates.

so is this "Completely optional" gonna make money to faceshet ?

despite them making clear Facebook was always optional and them completely backing off the RealID thing (which was optional even before).

you belive them ? , even after what they tried to sneak in for a couple of weeks ago , ok np .....let peps get our new games and then the deal with faceshet will show its true face , don't you think faceshet is in this deal ohh and the other third compagny , for the money? i do

Faceshet is in tha house and that meens data is on its way out were i don't want it , i can see you and many others are jumping up and down can't wait to get your hands on the game blinded not thinking beyond your nose , but hey gl , sorry tho to see the way peps are letting games go that road

86. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 05:49 Luke

zerobytes wrote on Jul 16, 2010, 02:28:
The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 19:42:
maybe blizzard should make fucking computer games and let the rest of us worry about managing our identity on the internet and whether we want to use facebook or not.

They made a game with optional functionality that on the off-chance some of the 400 million plus users of Facebook could take advantage of. I don't see the problem with that. Are you worried about them making FB a requirement? It would take you literally 30 seconds to sign up for an account with fictitious information. You spent more time than that typing your Blues post objecting to it.

no matter what you typing your ip adress is still the same , "were are the most users ? wowface , and faceshet" lets rock , do you really think , that faceshet says : Ok let the user say yes or no to the implant . They made the deal with blizz , now show us the money is there next move,

85. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 02:28 Killswitch

maybe blizzard should make fucking computer games and let the rest of us worry about managing our identity on the internet and whether we want to use facebook or not.

They made a game with optional functionality that on the off-chance some of the 400 million plus users of Facebook could take advantage of. I don't see the problem with that. Are you worried about them making FB a requirement? It would take you literally 30 seconds to sign up for an account with fictitious information. You spent more time than that typing your Blues post objecting to it.

84. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 23:52 elefunk

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 19:33:
elefunk wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 18:18:
Actually, Infinity Ward has said numerous times that Modern Warfare 2 is by far their most successful PC release of all time, and on PC alone they've sold millions of copies.

all they said was that it was outselling mw1 and they only said that because a journalist asked how the boycott was affecting them. in fact the only verifiable figures i can find point to the pc sales severely lagging, especially compared to consoles.
Well fucking duh the PC version is selling worse than the console version. Just like, you know, every game on earth, including every last Call of Duty game that *DID* have all the features people know and love.

"All they said was that it was outselling MW1"

That's the important tidbit.

You're the one making claims about how decisions made in Modern Warfare 2 "hurt" them. Well then, where's *YOUR* source? Don't go attacking the legitimacy of my claims when there's literally nothing verifiable to support yours. For every anecdote you can pull out of your ass, there's another anecdote to counter it.

83. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 21:29 Xero

Ahhh! Just finished an exciting online match in the beta right now. It's unfortunate some people don't have the mentality for RTS games, because once you do and it grabs you, you understand just why Blizzard is king of the RTS. After seeing so many new styles of RTS games in the past years to break away from the usual build a base style, it's nice to go back to the roots where Blizzard has perfected this formula. I already got the CE preordered and honestly, if I don't have enough time to invest into the single player campaign, I don't care. The multiplayer is where this game is all about. It's awesome!  

Currently playing: Skyrim

82. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 21:12 Mr. Tact

Creston wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 18:49:
True, but you can either choose to stick with your own principles, or follow the braindead "it won't make a difference, so I might as well buy it anyways" motto.

If you DO buy it regardless of all the shit they pull, they'll sure as hell never change all this crap.
"stuck with your own principles"? A bit overstated don't you think? We are just talking about a game.

Besides, what I didn't bother to say was even though I dislike some of the things they have done (like removing LAN play) I have no doubt the game will still be worth buying. It's just they are reducing it to simply being a "good game" instead of it being iconic like the original was, and this one COULD be as iconic as the original if they did it right. *shrug*

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

81. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:56 Zyrxil

Tumbler wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 18:47:
LOL, I love how you paraphrase blizzards PR crap into the supposed complaints.

"More content than the original but SP story only about the marines! No sale!"
"I never played LAN, but obviously this shows they're evil! No sale!"
"Game plays like an updated Starcraft because 90% of fans wanted it that way? No sale!"
"Online activation like Steam! I wasn't going to buy it before, now I'm extra not going to buy it!"
"Letting people in South America rent if they can't buy outright? It's too weird, No Sale!" Not sure where the blizzard speak is in this one, kudos for hiding it so well.
"Digital prices the same as retail? The same as every single digital distribution source in the last 7 years? No sale!"

Are you serious? Stating the obvious reality is "paraphrasing" press releases? What should I say? The exact opposite of what's real so some paranoid schizo can't accuse me of being a super long term shill? Maybe I should mine press releases for quotes since then it wouldn't be "paraphrasing".

Of course you're going to ignore the "completely optional" part. Maybe you've been living under a rock these past two years, but Facebook has seen ridiculously insane growth as it somehow easily kicked Myspace's ass and now a bajillion people use it. A sane person would see it as the best of both worlds that they're including this functionality to reach out to that market, and at the same time making it optional to please privacy advocates.

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 19:57:
as if they arent going to totally kill functionality for people that dont use their realid and facebook bs. they will get a worse experience. yeah that big deal they announced with them, that was just for fun Rolleyes
And there it is, full evidence of groundless paranoia on display. All your hate is based on info in your head on what you believe 100% without any basis, despite them making clear Facebook was always optional and them completely backing off the RealID thing (which was optional even before).

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2010, 21:06.

80. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:50 Yifes

So, Blizzard announcing that Real ID is not required = "soon realid will be the only system, no lan support, product activation and console versions of blizzard games are probably right on the horizon"? Fuck, you are a moron.

There. That's better. I've highlighted the relevant part of the post. Now it's not so difficult for you figure out that you're retarded.

Saying that "no lan support, product activation are probably right on the horizon" when they've already happened is another sign that you're a moron. It's amazing that your predictions of the future include things that have already occurred. My god you are a true oracle! Your other predictions must also be right!
This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2010, 21:06.

79. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:47 Zyrxil

Luke wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 18:18:
why should he not comment on it ??
maybe he is angry , and disapointed at blizz ,

If he's angry about it, then he should comment like he's angry, not the "too cool to care" bullshit comments, as if they just this second lost his sale with this announcment, or hell, with every announcement that gives him something new to complain about.

78. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:46 space captain

D_K_night wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 20:01:
Maybe one day you'll learn that the opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference.

youd be wrong there. the opposite of attachment is aversion - one grasps for the object, the other pushes the object away.

indifference has no such polarization

Go forth, and kill!

77. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:40 The PC Warrior

Fuck, you are a moron.

right back at you retard. yeah blizzard didnt just this week try to ram bullshit down gamers throats or something. they didnt remove many pc features already and require product activation. shit wait they did. actiblizzard will do whatever the community lets them get away with and judging by you, thats going to be quite a bit. im done owning you, enjoy your evening of lopping up koticks plate scraps.

76. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:37 Luke

I'll stop playing Blizzard games if that ever happens. Meanwhile you can continue your paranoid boycott. While your at it, you might as well delete your Bluesnews account, in case Blue starts selling you out to "The Man".

Yes, lets start reacting to all the bad things that could potentially happen in the future. For example, I won't go to work tomorrow since terrorists might bomb my building.

You reinforce my view of reality that there are idiots out there who truly believe that the earth is flat and the moon landing was faked.

well i guess we have you then to lead the way , listen maybe some don't like the way games are going , people said yes to the legendary "horse armor" and then we saw how it evolved , buy half games , and go to our dlc and buy rest and so on , peps saying yes to this implant of faceshet...well next thing you HAVE to HAVE a faceshet account before you can play ........it could go that way if people eat all that jazz

75. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:35 Yifes

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 20:24:
Yifes wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 20:18:
e will see how long that lasts. soon realid will be the only system, no lan support, product activation and console versions of blizzard games are probably right on the horizon. like this whole mess didnt start with actiblizzard trying to force a worthless feature on their user base.

you reinforce my view of reality that sheep are willing to kiss the corporate ass even when its paddling their own in return

I'll stop playing Blizzard games if that ever happens.

no you wont, youll be saying yes please maam, may i have more? can i pay monthly for it? you mean all of the stuff that might happen like what they tried not even a week ago? owned.

So, Blizzard announcing that Real ID is not required = "soon realid will be the only system, no lan support, product activation and console versions of blizzard games are probably right on the horizon"? Fuck, you are a moron.

74. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:26 Luke

D_K_night wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 20:01:
To the haters - stay off, and happily play your own games. You guys sure care about this game to actually write and complain about it, eh?

Maybe one day you'll learn that the opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference.

i loved blizzard dude ,

its the way they are going , moving away from just doing games to make "all in one"
(Let HP do that ;))
games filled with all kind of shet that has nada to do in a game ,

i am sad/angry/disapointed at them , because they did/and will do this data selling from there costumers , and to see "MY" compagni do that is just one big "pain" ( its not like i am dying tho ) ,
they were the biggest in my eyes..
not anymore
it will cost me to much to follow them further , there are so much shet games out there today , so blizz was the only in my eyes that was= games for gamers
ahh ok lets trow valve in to the good games to

73. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:24 The PC Warrior

Yifes wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 20:18:
e will see how long that lasts. soon realid will be the only system, no lan support, product activation and console versions of blizzard games are probably right on the horizon. like this whole mess didnt start with actiblizzard trying to force a worthless feature on their user base.

you reinforce my view of reality that sheep are willing to kiss the corporate ass even when its paddling their own in return

I'll stop playing Blizzard games if that ever happens.

no you wont, youll be saying yes please maam, may i have more? can i pay monthly for it? you mean all of the stuff that might happen like what they tried not even a week ago? owned.

72. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:18 Yifes

I'll stop playing Blizzard games if that ever happens. Meanwhile you can continue your paranoid boycott. While your at it, you might as well delete your Bluesnews account, in case Blue starts selling you out to "The Man".

Yes, lets start reacting to all the bad things that could potentially happen in the future. For example, I won't go to work tomorrow since terrorists might bomb my building.

You reinforce my view of reality that there are idiots out there who truly believe that the earth is flat and the moon landing was faked.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2010, 20:23.

71. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:15 Luke

Yifes wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 20:00:
as if they arent going to totally kill functionality for people that dont use their realid and facebook bs. they will get a worse experience. yeah that big deal they announced with them, that was just for fun

No. Functionality is exactly the same. You can either add people with their in game name, or you can add friends with their real id. It's the same in game.

For fucks sake, play the god damn game. It's right there. You can see for yourself instead of making up imaginary shit and then bitching about it.

imaginary shit and then bitching about it.
maybe you are , bitching about nada will happen to our data
maybe you are imaginary that all is good when faceblizz says so

naa won't play it , earlier i had no problem with there registre online for there games.

Now..
Battle.net registre and with Faceshet deal in there house , my data is on the way to get spread in a way i don't want it to

But hey you play have fun i have np with that gl

70. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:12 The PC Warrior

Yifes wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 20:00:

No. Functionality is exactly the same. You can either add people with their in game name, or you can add friends with their real id. It's the same in game.

we will see how long that lasts. soon realid will be the only system, no lan support, product activation and console versions of blizzard games are probably right on the horizon. like this whole mess didnt start with actiblizzard trying to force a worthless feature on their user base.

You can see for yourself instead of making up imaginary shit and then bitching about it. You people make me lose faith in humanity. This is like explaining to an idiot that the sky is blue.

you reinforce my view of reality that sheep are willing to kiss the corporate ass even when its paddling their own in return.

109 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo