Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2

Kotaku has a follow-up from Activision to the tongue lashing Double Fine Productions' CEO Tim Schafer dealt to Activision CEO Bobby Kotick. After Schafer called Kotick "a dick" and a "total prick" and said he was "allegedly" a person, Activision took issue with the comment that "he makes a big deal about not liking games," and sets the record straight: "Tim Schafer's comment that Bobby Kotick 'makes a big deal about not liking games' just isn't true," says Maryanne Lataif, Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications at Activision Blizzard. "Bobby has always been passionate about games, and loves the video game industry. But as CEO of a company that makes games enjoyed by millions of people worldwide, the demands on his time now make it difficult to play games as often as he'd like to or as much as he once did." Thanks joao.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 16, 2010, 08:24 ^Drag0n^

Everyone is a VP at Activision. I thought you knew this.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 16:24 Wag

Cutter wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 23:40:
Shaka, when the walls fell?

Darmok and Jalad at Tenagra.

Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel.

33. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 13:11 Verno

Wasn't Bobby the moron who said he wanted to remove all of the fun in gaming?  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

32. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 13:04 Dev

OMG! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! He does SO like video games!  

31. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 11:36 siapnar

Stormsinger wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 23:18:
Apparently Kotick doesn't understand that you can't participate in an e-peen contest by proxy. Especially not by female proxy.

What a noob!

lol

I have projectile dysfunction.

30. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 11:15 Creston

The very fact they have a "Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications" already condemns those dipshits at Activision.

Creston

29. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 09:35 commonperson

What I found most humorous about this is that they are not arguing that he's a dick but loves video games. It's like they're saying "So yeah okay, he's a dick sure. But he really does love video games. When he got his mutli-million dollar seed loan from a man who owned a gambling empire, an empire built on the broken dreams and sorrows of the weak willed and poor, he was hard core in to Galaga. Like he'd drop five dollars in quarters every day... but yeah, he is a dick."  

28. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 08:55 Hammer

Kotick! His face black. His eyes red.  

27. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 08:33 Verno

Golwar wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 06:42:
Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 22:45:

Sokath, his eyes uncovered.
Kotick, Darmok on the ocean!

Kotick, the beast at Tanagra.

Uzani with fists closed.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

26. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 06:56 Sempai

Kotick 0

Schafer 2

25. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 06:42 Golwar

Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 22:45:

Sokath, his eyes uncovered.
Kotick, Darmok on the ocean!

24. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 06:37 InBlack

Funny shit...Too bad no one really gives a fuck, other than the hardcore enthusiasts. And we've already known what kind of douche Bobby is for years now....  

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 05:13 Rigs

Darmok and Jalad at Tenagra.

Hmmm, Schafer and Kotick on the ocean?

Not a chance in hell...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

22. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 04:25 Agent.X7

Apparently a lot of people fail to realize that once you say something on the internet, it ain't never goin' away. Kotick has stated before that he hasn't played video games since the 80s.

Oh, and fuck you, PR person. Anybody who has ever worked for a big corp. and had contact with the higher ups knows that, for the most part, they have more free time than anybody else in the company. When you need them they are always so busy they can't be bothered, but behind that closed door they are doing fuck all.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 04:12 Paketep

Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications at Activision Blizzard?. Are you fucking kidding me?.

And I'm sure that they had to fire 5 to 10 developers to be able to pay for this useless mouthpiece.

20. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 03:51 xXBatmanXx

i fixes the quote:

"Tim Schafer's comment that Bobby Kotick 'makes a big deal about not liking games' just isn't true," says Maryanne Lataif, Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications at Activision Blizzard. "Bobby has always been passionate about making money, and it is just happenstance that it is the gaming industry. But as CEO of a company that makes games enjoyed by millions of people worldwide, the demands on his time now make it difficult to play games, which isn't a change from before he joined the industry. Bobby didn't even know what FPS was until he got his first bonus check. We told him CoD was an FPS and he thought we were a POS retail system for bars. Buy hey, he is a good guy."

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

19. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 03:07 Kxmode

I bet Maryanne Lataif, Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications at Activision Blizzard, never plays games.

In other news Tim's words brings all the boys to the yard. And they're like "It's better than yours!" And Tim is like "Damn right it's better than yours, I can teach you, But I'd have to charge!"

18. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 02:22 Luke

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 00:39:
Bobby could not be reached because he was too busy fucking his toaster Blizzard.

+1 "who 's you daddy hu , whooo's you daddy i said " slam slam

17. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 01:48 Prez

Ready for ROUND 3! Fight  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 00:58 Sty

After Schafer called Kotick "a dick" and a "total prick" and said he was "allegedly" a person, Activision took issue with the comment that "he makes a big deal about not liking games," and sets the record straight: "Nuh-uh"

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo