Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend

Steam News announces this weekend they will offer a free playable preview of R.U.S.E., Ubisoft's upcoming real time strategy game. The free weekend kicks off on Thursday at 2:00 pm EDT, and you can start preloading the game client through this link. Here's word on what to expect:

The Free Preview Weekend of R.U.S.E. will let you play a sizeable slice of the multiplayer, featuring new maps never played before. Play with 2 to 8 players, with any team or free-for-all combination, and with any of the 6 factions available in the final game.

During the Free Weekend, you can also play battles against the medium or hard AI for the first time. Select which nation your opposing AI will play and check out the strengths of each faction. Good luck defeating the hard AI!

View
8. Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Jul 14, 2010, 09:13 Golwar

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 02:13:
In a game really focused on online play I don't really know if the DRM is as bad... it's singleplayer games wanting a persistent connection that is horrible.

True, but I guess for the majority of us it is a general wish to punish Ubisoft for making it more and more disadvantageous to be a customer instead of a pirate.

I played the beta and I thought it was quite good, with more options in the full game it would be a candidate for my buy list. So this is the first game where I'll probably regret that I have to refuse. But well, Victoria 2 is just around the corner and DRM free - guess who gets my money.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 13, 20:07 Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Keith
  2. Jul 13, 20:21  Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Paketep
  3. Jul 13, 20:58   Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Coolone
  6. Jul 14, 00:51  Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Keith
  4. Jul 13, 22:13 Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Ant
  5. Jul 13, 22:47  Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Overon
  7. Jul 14, 02:13 Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend StingingVelvet
>> 8. Jul 14, 09:13  Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend Golwar
  9. Jul 14, 09:28   Re: R.U.S.E. Free This Weekend ASeven
  10. Jul 14, 09:28 When does the beta end? Ant