Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Upgrades Preview

The StarCraft II Website has a new preview of the various upgrades available to players of the single-player game in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Blizzard's upcoming real-time strategy sequel. They describe the various areas in the starship Hyperion where upgrades can be acquired, introducing the Armory, the Cantina (where we know who shoots first), and the laboratory, while also outlining how you can accumulate and make use of credits within the game. Thanks Big Download.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 13, 2010, 08:56 InBlack

Well said Yifes. Apart from the RealID thing which really is a money grab and is pretty retarded IMO.

I thought Starcraft I and the expansion had a really great story, so Im looking forward to the continuation of the storyline...

I didnt like the choice of cutting up the campaigns but if the story is so much for the better for it...Why the hell not?

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 18:03 Yifes

Hunh? There is a ship you can walk around? Sounds weird...what else happens on this ship? Dialogue? Story development? Does it look like a level like any other so you're directing a little unit around the ship from above?

hmmm i've heard that before...where did i hear that...oh yeah that is the sales pitch for why this game is cutting so much content that players expected to be in the game.

The upgrades and the new single player campaign gameplay have been known for like a year now. This is just official website being updated.

You don't even know what's going to be in the game, yet you still think that "so much" content is being cut. Nice. I love the ignorance that let people who don't know shit about a game make up shit to support their retarded opinions. Way to believe that real id, facebook are being forced onto players (Hint: they're not), or complain about weird pricing schemes (which effectively make the game cheaper for poorer places like south america. It doesn't even affect you).

But hey, why bother paying attention to what they're really doing when you can just make shit up and bitch about how you imagine Blizzard is ripping people off?

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2010, 18:33.

8. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 15:49 The Half Elf

Yeah Tumbler, also there are in-engine cut scenes that take place on the ship along with the cgi ones. There use to be a video of a Protoss showing up on Raynor's ship all done in game but I can't seem to locate it.

Nevermind found it.
http://www.shackvideo.com/starcraft-2-raynor-and-zeratul-cinematic-trailer-18351

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 15:22 Sacrifice

Looks interesting. Blizzard has a solid track record and I look forward to trying the single player Terran campaign.  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

6. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 15:00 Tumbler

They're working on the SP telling a story and being a better game even if there were no multi. That's why every campaign is 30 missions long.

hmmm i've heard that before...where did i hear that...oh yeah that is the sales pitch for why this game is cutting so much content that players expected to be in the game.

As this game gets closer to launch is anyone more excited now than they were 6 months ago? i can't recall a game this big ever shoveling so much shit onto the plate that it balances the hype so that it feels like things have basically stalled on the marketing campaign for months now. Look at this cool new thing, and then there is this no lan thing. But look at this, and there will be real id forced on buyers, and look at this cool thing, and there will be odd pricing for different regions around the world, and look at this cool thing, and everyone will be on facebook, and look at this awesome thingy and we're going to require everyone play with live camera feeds... (that last one was a hypothetical dumb ass feature to be announced)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 13:32 Zyrxil

Did you even play Warcraft 3?

Read interviews. They lamented on Single Player in RTSes traditionally being too much of a simple training mode for multiplayer. They're working on the SP telling a story and being a better game even if there were no multi. That's why every campaign is 30 missions long.

4. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 12:07 Frijoles

This sounds RPG-ish. Did the current devs even play SC1?  

3. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 12:03 Tumbler

http://us.starcraft2.com/features/gameplay/hyperion.xml

This site has some screens and it does look like the wing commander style environment...that little armored robot guy looks cool.

Edit: that's weird, when I first clicked the link in the article it didn't take me to this page, now it does. (preview page for this feature. Weird.)

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2010, 12:09.

2. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 11:55 nin

what else happens on this ship? Dialogue? Story development?

I get the feeling it's a Wing Commander style environment, where you go between missions and talk to people.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 11:51 Tumbler

They describe the various areas in the starship Hyperion where upgrades can be acquired, introducing the Armory, the Cantina (where we know who shoots first), and the laboratory, while also outlining how you can accumulate and make use of credits within the game.

Hunh? There is a ship you can walk around? Sounds weird...what else happens on this ship? Dialogue? Story development? Does it look like a level like any other so you're directing a little unit around the ship from above?

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo