Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Team Fortress 2 Patched

Steam News has details on a new Team Fortress 2 patch that's automatically available for Valve's teamplay shooter. Here are the patch notes.

Team Fortress 2

• Fixed an exploit that allowed Engineers to build level 2/3 mini sentries.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed sapped buildings to be picked up by the Engineer
  • Fixed a bug where Wrangled level 3 sentryguns would still fire rockets when they were out of ammo.
  • Fixed a bug where players would go into reference poses when switching classes while carrying a building.
  • Fixed seeing the changeclass label in the spectator HUD when using cl_hud_minmode.
  • The amount of revenge crits a player can have at one time is now capped at 35.
  • The Wrangler no longer shows the shotgun's ammo count.
  • Engineers can no longer pick up buildings while stunned or in loser state.
  • Fixed Engineer shotgun and piston not using team skins for the Engineer's arms.
  • Fixed an issue where Wrangled sentrygun effects wouldn't be attached to the sentrygun.
  • The Gunslinger 3 hit combo now only increments the combo count when hitting enemy players.
  • Fixed a crash in the control point progress bar.
  • Fixed a server crash in the player death code, related to building carrying.
  • Fixing performance spikes that occur at round start, and after each point capture, when TFBots are present in the server.
  • Achievement fixes:
    • The "Rio Grind" achievement limit is now correctly set to 50.
    • Fixed a typo in Six-String Stinger achievement name.
    • Fixed a bug in the "Death Metal" achievement that caused it to rapidly complete itself.
    • Fixed getting the Six-String Stinger achievement without playing the guitar.
    • Fixed sentrygun detection code in "Best Little Slaughterhouse in Texas" and "Deputized".
  • Missed notes from yesterday's release:
    • New response rules and sounds added for some classes

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 11, 2010, 12:54 AngryMax

Well its not surprising they are patching so much. Its practically a new game. I picked it up again out of idle curiosity, and couldn't put it down for a couple of days - its a whole new game at this point.

pl_2fort should replace default 2fort. Its just unbalanced enough to make it fun again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 11, 2010, 04:42 ForgedReality

frag.machine wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 23:19:
And I wish the game would be able to remember my last search filter, as used to be since always.
Yeah dude. Since at least the latest updates, it doesn't do this anymore. It used to, because I didn't used to have to keep filtering by under 100 ping and "has users playing." What the fuck did they break?!

I don't recall the bit about the favorites removal issue, but I guess I've never tried to remove a favorite, as I don't really use that tab all that much.

2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 10, 2010, 23:19 frag.machine

And I wish the game would be able to remember my last search filter, as used to be since always.

1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jul 10, 2010, 19:33 Silicon Avatar

I wish there was a patch that'd let me remove "favorited" servers. Whenever I click "remove from favorites", they stay there.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo