Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Beta Patched

The Battle.net Forums have word that Patch 16 for the StarCraft II Beta is now available, bringing the test version of the real-time strategy sequel to version 0.19.0.15976 (thanks Ke). The new version include some changes, balance fixes, and enable cross-game social with World of Warcraft, and presumably indicates the beta test will resume soon. The patch notes follow.

General

• Rally points now behave as a move command, instead of an attack move command.
  • Enabled the ability to manually add a StarCraft II character friend using the player's character code. Character code is a server-assigned numerical code that is displayed within the Add Friend panel.
  • Battle.net Achievements & Rewards have been updated.
  • All Quick Match modes are now available: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and Free For All.
  • All A.I. difficulties are now available for play.
  • Cooperative matchmaking versus A.I. players is now available as a play mode.
  • Enabled cross-game social features between World of Warcraft and StarCraft II.

Balance Changes

• ZERG
    • Infestor
      • Frenzy spell removed.
      • Infested Terran spell added.
    • Overseer
      • Infested Terran spell removed.
    • Ultralisk
      • Now immune to stuns and mind control.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 8, 2010, 19:32 MattyC

Xero wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 07:10:
MattyC wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 22:45:
Xero wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 20:53:
Yeah, that looks like a couple MB worth of download...so why is the patch over 500mb again? :/

What are you talking about?

All Quick Match modes are now available: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and Free For All.
All A.I. difficulties are now available for play.
Cooperative matchmaking versus A.I. players is now available as a play mode

That alone would be a sizable patch. Added in the WoW to SC2 cross-game social stuff and it seems pretty reasonable for it to be that size.

Are you serious? All that means is they need to include a few extra maps due to the new player vs player size. The maps use the in-game textures so they wouldn't cause such a dramatic increase in size. Let's not even suggest enabling some in-game buttons in the main menu is the cause for it. Then your saying AI has to do with it? The AI patches you could download for the beta off the net were like 500KB!
So with your fail in place, I'm going to say the size is probably due to new textures/graphics and sound effects because I did notice the main menu sounds different.

So to you some poorly done AI scripts are the same as everything listed there? As well as just changed in the beta since last it was live? Ok, well you can call that "fail" if you want. I don't really care. You probably shouldn't bother signing up for any future betas though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 8, 2010, 10:37 raVen

Actually, it's probably a new payload of most of it, as they are cleaning up everything else SC2 on your machine (I've heard reports of 10gb installs going to 2gb). Install the new payload and nuke the old crap from previous patches (Copies of older patches to allow easy rollback)  

9. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 8, 2010, 07:10 Xero

MattyC wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 22:45:
Yeah, that looks like a couple MB worth of download...so why is the patch over 500mb again? :/

That alone would be a sizable patch. Added in the WoW to SC2 cross-game social stuff and it seems pretty reasonable for it to be that size.

Are you serious? All that means is they need to include a few extra maps due to the new player vs player size. The maps use the in-game textures so they wouldn't cause such a dramatic increase in size. Let's not even suggest enabling some in-game buttons in the main menu is the cause for it. Then your saying AI has to do with it? The AI patches you could download for the beta off the net were like 500KB!
So with your fail in place, I'm going to say the size is probably due to new textures/graphics and sound effects because I did notice the main menu sounds different.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

8. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 8, 2010, 06:15 Rhett

Beta seems to be back up, but it's extremely hard to get into a game (or, very, very sporadic).

I noticed all kinds of new sounds (perhaps? or old sounds being updated?) in the patcher. Marauder_pissed and Zealot_pissed etc. Sounds funny.

I never played the beta before now (no interest in playing human opponents), though I've been invited for some time, so I'm not sure what else changed.

7. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 8, 2010, 05:02 ibm

New resources for the map editor also, including some textures for lurkers, hero protoss units and new Xel'Naga units. Also if you check your SC2 install folder it's shrunk considerably so a lot of 'stuff' has been deleted so some 'stuff' was probably included to replace old files.

6. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 8, 2010, 03:11 Rhett

The beta isn't back up YET, but it should be playable (with certain launchers). Also, when it is back up (if you have a legit key), then you should be able to play just fine, even against AI. AI was pretty dormant in the previous releases, and just seeing what people cropped up by editing text files was amazing. Can't wait to see the official AI.  

5. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 7, 2010, 22:45 Ferazel

I didn't even realize that the beta was back on. Honestly, the multiplayer doesn't interest me that much I'm looking more for the single-player story.  

4. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 7, 2010, 22:45 MattyC

3. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 7, 2010, 21:36 Xero

Zyrxil wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 21:02:
Because you have shitty broadband, that's why.
??? Are you jealous or something?

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

2. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 7, 2010, 21:02 Zyrxil

Because you have shitty broadband, that's why.  

1. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 7, 2010, 20:53 Xero

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo