Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New BC2 VIP Map Pack

The Battlefield Blog announces the release of VIP map pack #4 for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The pack adds Atacama Desert Rush mode and Port Valdez Conquest mode, and they have a VIP Map Pack 4 Trailer showing this off. Word is: "The map pack is available with a VIP code, which is included in every new copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. A VIP code can also be purchased via the in-game store. PC users will not need a VIP code and will receive the new map pack via an in-game patch."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 8, 2010, 05:50 BobBob

Lack of mod and map creation tools = milk people with DLCs. Fun times.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 23:30 CrimsonPaw

Yeah, I realized this when I went to download the new pack on my PS3 and found I already had it ... I was like WTF? That's OK, I'm loving the game ....  
~~Crim~~

14. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 19:10 spindoctor

Tumbler wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 15:38:
Call me synical but I'm guessing most of the content dealing with that mode shipped on the disk and that 1mb file was just a config file of some sort.

The content was not on the disk. There was a (400MB?) patch that was pushed down some time before the DLC went on sale, and that had the content in it.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

13. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 18:31 Tom

I won't take your bait.  

12. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 17:59 TurdFergasun

with ea's track record, i'm gonna side against the empire on the this one. but there's always one shilly person to defend the honor of the wounded conglomerate. ohhh poor conglomerate have the accusations pierced your soul? how dare they accuse you of market manipulation and lazy profiteering, you've never done that before have you? .... oh wait you have? omgz! bad conglomerate! now go back and eat your dinner of independent developer kibble... good conglomerate.  

11. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 15:48 Tom

How about less guessing and more proof if you're going to make accusations like that?  

10. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 15:38 Tumbler

This has to be a record - 4 map packs released, without actually releasing a new map ...

And you wonder why PC people wanted the SKU and dedicated servers which were not controlled by EA - at least the community would have been a little more creative ...

...I don't think they've released anything "new" at all... I think everything they're unlocking in the game was ready to go all the time and the updates are basically flipping switches so those features, maps, etc, work. I accidentally purchased the onslaught mode and it downloaded before I realized I made a mistake. 956kb of data. Call me synical but I'm guessing most of the content dealing with that mode shipped on the disk and that 1mb file was just a config file of some sort.

I hope this trend of cutting up a game and releasing a bare bones version of then "adding" to it as time goes on by unlocking content doesn't continue.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 14:13 Wash Washburne

Mac wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 10:36:
This has to be a record - 4 map packs released, without actually releasing a new map ...

And you wonder why PC people wanted the SKU and dedicated servers which were not controlled by EA - at least the community would have been a little more creative ...

Well put mate, 100% concur. Thumbsup

8. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 13:51 Surf

The Aimbots are killing this game.  

7. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 13:32 Cutedge

You'd think by now they'd throw out a version of Wake Island for BC2.  

6. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 13:14 DangerDog

This is a tired argument, custom maps in BF2 didn't get any play time because you couldn't run them on ranked servers. People only play on ranked servers for their precious stats and medals.

Sure there are a few decent mods made for BF2, but again they don't grab huge number of players.

On the flip side you get complete nonsense modifications where a hand gun rapid fires missiles and there's zero gravity.

5. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 11:54 TheEmissary

Yes, they still have a few maps that don't have Squad Death-match/Rush.  

4. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 10:43 Verno

I'm actually fine with them doing this It's not like they've been charging for this on the PC anyways. I do however wish they would at least release a map editor so the community could make their own maps too.

But at least they have run out of map combinations to do this with

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

3. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 10:36 Mac

2. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 10:26 Zyrxil

I'm not complaining about another map to play Rush on, though. I wonder if they're keeping all the vehicles on Atacama from conquest, along with the high rate of respawn?  

1. Re: New BC2 VIP Map Pack Jul 7, 2010, 10:17 spindoctor

So the obvious question...

Are there any more permutations and combinations of old maps and old gametypes left for DICE to put out in the next 'new map pack'?

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo