Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Legal Briefs

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 8, 2010, 08:34 Bill Borre

It reminds me of that Star Wars RTS that came out years ago where one of the Empire's troopers states "I'm a soldier not a murderer." I wonder if that distinction is still relevant for the American military or if they're all Waffen SS now with none of the wermacht left.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 8, 2010, 01:27 derelict koan

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 15:56:
Because there's a disconnect with the technology. And let's face it, if most of these grunts were smart/educated enough to question the morality of their actions their would have been no war in Iraq in the first place.

So true, I remember when they were first deciding to tee-off on Iraq, our Prime Minister took up the mantra of 'blame me, not the soldiers, blame me,' for months. God forbid the dimwits signing up for the turkey shoot have to be responsible for comprehending the fine print of their career choice.

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

10. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 18:53 Bill Borre

The military is a strange organization. It's supposed to have rules, and yet we hear so much of this. They say it's your Duty to obey orders, but how can one have a duty to murder unarmed people? I think these soldiers could learn more about the concept of Duty by watching a performance of Antigone then by watching the American media.  

9. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 18:05 Tom

This is what you get when stupid people play video games and then join the military.  

8. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 16:39 Bill Borre

Yeah, I guess "light 'em up!" just sounds cooler than "murder human beings in cold blood."  

7. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 15:56 Cutter

Because there's a disconnect with the technology. And let's face it, if most of these grunts were smart/educated enough to question the morality of their actions their would have been no war in Iraq in the first place.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 15:11 Bill Borre

I understand your comments. What I don't understand is why these soldiers consider half a dozen unarmed individuals including children a valid military target. You would think that these soldiers would get written up for wasting ammo. I don't mean to sound flippant. This kind of behavior makes absolutely no sense to me even trying to understand it from the military perspective.  

5. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 14:43 space captain

money - its a hit

dont give me that do-goody-good bullshit

Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2010, 13:44 Acleacius

Exactly, no way to win a guerrilla war, all they have to do is survive, while we waste trillions of dollars by giving it to war profiteers. Not sure there has ever been a successful invasion won to a guerrilla war, well the government called Vietnam a victory but....

I don't have the exact numbers but as an example, due to the vast size of our US military, at least 50% of all the oil/gas we use (which cripples and subjugates us to foreign oil) is used by the our MILITARY EMPIRE.

Just as an example of how Iraq was used as cover to loot our country and Iraq of money and resources, just during bremer's tenure, according to the Inspector General at the very LEAST 8 billion (this is USA taxpayer dollars) in cash was missing in the first 6 months. This doesn't not include all the KNOWN bank accounts saddam across the world stashed. It's most likely this money was used/stolen by blackwater and used to build/fund their private military force.

By the by not sure which idiot thought it was a good idea to give access to the most sophisticated weapons to these private military clowns. They give a shit about no one but killing for jesus, USA or World citizen, they don't discriminate. During Katrina they illegally enter homes of US citizen, held them at gun point, took their weapons and forced them to leave their homes, under threat of being murdered in cold blood.

First time in US history a illegal militia violated the Second and Fourth Amendment to the Constitution at the very least, with virtually no reporting in the media, nor any Federal prosecution.

Same thing is happening now, how did BP get control of Local, State, Federal and Homeland Security? In case care and have not been paying attention atm, BP is ordering all these forces with impunity in the Gulf Region

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: Iraq helicopter video Jul 7, 2010, 13:37 Cutter

Yeah, unfortunately the US has an atrocious history of shoot first, ask questions later...if at all. The amount of civilians murdered by them in Iraq and Afghanistan boggles the mind. Than you have idiots like Petraeus saying they're in it to win. Win what exactly? How do you militarily defeat an ideal short of genocide? All their previous, and particularly, current actions just continue to build up more ill will against the US and swell the ranks of the fanatics and those who aid them. This what happens when you blindly stumble along a path whose policy is built on empty platitudes and jingoism.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Iraq helicopter video Jul 7, 2010, 12:25 Nucas

just one reason why mcchrystal's "long term counter insurgency" plan was absolute horse shit from the start. professional soldiers are not professional police. the lack of precision being demonstrated in their attacks on "insurgents" has resulted in thousands of civilian casualties (what was it, 140 in garani alone when they bombed it?)

all our military has done is sow new hates that will last for decades more. obama should have listened to his vastly more experienced vice president when he told him "counter insurgency" was going to go this way.

brad manning was doing a public fucking service, showing the world what an utter cluster fuck american presence in iraq is, and now he's looking at 70 years. i hope people don't forget the one responsible for turning him in is adrian lamo because he needs to be remembered as a traitor.

1. Re: Iraq helicopter video Jul 7, 2010, 11:01 Bill Borre

I've never been in the military. I'm curious as to why things like those depicted in the video occur. I don't study military tactics so I can't think of any motivating reason for such attacks. Does anyone here have any insight? Does the American military routinely use terrorist tactics in an attempt to undermine enemy morale? Are the officers in charge simply doing these things to get the soldiers under their command used to seeing human beings as targets?

???

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo