Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update

The Team Fortress 2 Blog has the day two update for the upcoming Engineer update for Valve's teamplay shooter. Word is:

Day Two of the Engineer Update brings the engineering faithful The Wrangler, the remote sentry gun controller; "Upward", an all-new, Valve-designed Payload Map; and 25 shiny, super-rare wrenches from our quickly-dwindling supply.

Note: To ensure everyone gets the chance to pull the lever, we've increased the weekly item drop limit for this week only. So if you thought you'd hit your item cap, think again!

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 17:34 jimnms

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 09:35:
No offense, but how hard is it to figure out they're global? You see an announcement saying some dude got a wrench, you check the scoreboard to see what team the guy is in, but he's not even on the server... "Oh, I get it..."
When you're playing 32 player 2Fort with instant respawn making a push into the enemy base or defending a push from the enemy, you don't have time to check the players name who got the wrench then look on the score board to see if he's on the same server.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 17:02 Animals for Crackers

That works too.  

10. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 12:31 frag.machine

Animals for Crackers wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 11:45:
<Insert Gabe Newell falling into the chocolate river joke here>
<insert Gabe Newell George Broussard falling into the chocolate river joke>

Here, I fixed that for ya.

9. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 12:26 frag.machine

Zyrxil wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 09:55:
Well you are. Didn't you hear all 100 winners get a trip to Valve HQ? Robin Walker's gonna wear a top hat and sing and everything. Pass the word on!

And the winners will be able to see the Woompa Loompas working on Half Life 2 ?

8. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 11:45 Animals for Crackers

<Insert Gabe Newell falling into the chocolate river joke here>

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2010, 11:53.

7. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 09:55 Zyrxil

Well you are. Didn't you hear all 100 winners get a trip to Valve HQ? Robin Walker's gonna wear a top hat and sing and everything. Pass the word on!  

6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 09:47 frag.machine

I just realized that in the second announce, at the first time I haven't checked the scores. I dont know, I think it's a bit frustrating and weird, it's like we are all looking for a Willy Wonka golden pass.  

5. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 09:35 ForgedReality

No offense, but how hard is it to figure out they're global? You see an announcement saying some dude got a wrench, you check the scoreboard to see what team the guy is in, but he's not even on the server... "Oh, I get it..."  

4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 02:22 Niezly Czad

yes the announcements are global  

3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 7, 2010, 02:08 jimnms

I saw 4 people get the wrenches on the same server tonight. It was #50, #51, #54 and #55.

I think for a while they messed up the item drop. A few people commented that they hadn't seen any drops in a few hours. I got one new item but that was because I hit one of the milestone achievements. I'm not even trying to get achievements. I'm just playing, then I see a message that I unlocked one. When I die, I have to go look it up and see what I did.

Of all the items I've gotten since I started playing again, the majority of them have been Heavy items. I've gotten 4 Natasha's, 2 gloves and 3 sandvitches, all of which I already had. Other than that, I've gotten the scout gun (which I already had), the bugle thing for the soldier, the medic's gun (which I already had) and that pain stick or whatever it's called.

Edit: Are the wrench find announcements global? I was playing on the same server for hours tonight, and it seems odd that 4 people on that server would have found wrenches. One guy did yell out when the message popped up.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2010, 02:14.

Steam Profile

2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 6, 2010, 21:47 ForgedReality

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/wrangdigan/
WHAT DOES IT MEAAANNN!!??

1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Day Two Update Jul 6, 2010, 20:27 PHJF

I love the map of the maps at the bottom...

"Teufort"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo