Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 7, 2010, 09:30 Verno

I don't want Obsidian anywhere near something like Chrono Trigger, their development history is filled with half finished, bug filled titles and terrible ports.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 7, 2010, 02:48 Scottish Martial Arts

Zyrxil wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 21:21:
Obsidian Wouldn't Mind Tackling A Chrono Trigger Sequel.

WTF? I enjoy their games despite the flaws, but that seems to be an incredibly bad idea.

The comment was in answer to a speculative "If there was one Square/Enix property you'd like to work on, what would it be?" sorta question. The question prompted of course by Square's ownership of Gas Powered Games whose Dungeon Siege property Obsidian is now developing a sequel for. I highly doubt Chrono Trigger 2: Torment is in the offing anytime soon.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 7, 2010, 01:42 Dr. D. Schreber

There's always Crimson Echoes, the fan-made interquel between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross that takes everything good about the first game and turns it Darker and Edgier more effectively and believably than Mass Effect 2 did. Not that it matters, since Square Cease and Desisted them a couple weeks before release.

Dunno why there's so much hate for Chrono Cross. It wasn't even a sequel, it just tied up the last loose end from Chrono Trigger.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 7, 2010, 00:56 killer_roach

Nucas wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 23:51:
it would never happen, anyway. how often is a star franchise entrusted to some filthy gaijin like us?

Metroid (Prime) says hi.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2010, 23:51 Nucas

it would never happen, anyway. how often is a star franchise entrusted to some filthy gaijin like us?

i'm not sure if i'd want it to happen regardless. chris avellone is one of the few people alive who i think would write a stellar fucking plot for it but the rest of obsidian needs to get their shit together and release a coherent game for once.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2010, 23:24 eRe4s3r

He didn't call it a bad game - he said it was an unneeded sequel  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2010, 22:03 PHJF

How retarded, how completely mental, how utterly devoid of sensibility do you have to be to call Chrono Cross a bad game??? It's probably the greatest JRPG ever, replete with a story that is actually kind of good (something astronomically rare for JRPG), a battle system that works well, solid presentation and one of the greatest scores ever to grace a video game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laMvJf9UNdc

God dammit, man.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2010, 21:21 Zyrxil

Obsidian Wouldn't Mind Tackling A Chrono Trigger Sequel.

WTF? I enjoy their games despite the flaws, but that seems to be an incredibly bad idea.

First, Chrono Trigger doesn't/didn't need a sequel. It was a perfectly contained story. It'd be like making a sequel to Planescape: Torment.

Second, it already had a sequel, Chrono Cross, which proved the wisdom of reason #1.

Third, JRPGs are require the exact opposite of Obsidian's strengths. They're linear as hell, require tons of polish, and need a high level of "cinematic-ness".

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2010, 20:56 Cutter

Looking forward to Limbo. Is the release still July 21st?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo