Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released

The Mass Effect 2 Website has word the Aegis Pack DLC for Mass Effect 2 is now available for Windows for 160 BioWare Points and Xbox 360 for 160 MS Points ($2.00 USD). Here's word on the new content for the sci-fi RPG: "What's better than the latest in high-tech armor? High-tech armor and a sniper rifle, of course! The Aegis Pack adds the M-29 Incisor sniper rifle and the Kestrel armor to Shepard’s armor locker! The Incisor is a burst-fire rifle that excels at decimating enemy shields from a distance, while the Kestrel armor comes in 5 pieces and adds a variety of weapon, shield, and utility bonuses."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 14:19 Acleacius

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 05:14:
Did you wait for Yuri's Revenge to get Red Alert 2? Did you wait for Bloodmoon to get Morrowind?

Or are we still pretending there is a difference?

They are certainly different in length, but the principle is still the same. There is bad DLC and good DLC, like there were bad expansions and good expansions. The idea that all DLC is horrible because the game should be "complete" on release though is idiotic.

Pretending? Principle? Idiotic?
You do realize believing in things that aren't true is delusional, right?

Just so your head stops exploding, every time you try to think. What it means is I was a much happier customer when I waited a full year before I bought ME. It was patched, lower priced, modding work, stable and when there were problems command codes were available.

If you think buying Morrowwind or not till the final expansion was release was the same thing as these dlc then there probably is no helping you, but looks like many of us try, regardless.

Most likely it's pity.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 13:11 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 09:42:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 21:13:
Next Bioware release I will be waiting 6 months or a year to purchase, as I did with ME. No more buying the game in the first month or two, when their games are no longer content complete.

Did you wait for Yuri's Revenge to get Red Alert 2? Did you wait for Bloodmoon to get Morrowind?

No need to pretend, there is a pretty big difference in content from your average DLC compared to traditional expansions. All of Mass Effect 2's DLC would struggle to be 8 hours in length. A traditional expansion has at least 15 hours of content. People probably paid more for the DLC too.

All of that aside, I don't agree that ME2 wasn't feature complete. It might not be what many of us wanted but that doesn't mean it wasn't a professional product that was fairly rounded out in terms of content.

They are certainly different in length, but the principle is still the same. There is bad DLC and good DLC, like there were bad expansions and good expansions. The idea that all DLC is horrible because the game should be "complete" on release though is idiotic.

13. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 10:39 Creston

Nucas wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 01:38:
Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 18:27:
Avoid this like the plague, because the Incisor sniper rifle is a GARGANTUAN piece of shit in-game.

Creston

if it's the same as the preorder incisor that's just not true. it doesn't scale down it's damage when you put it on your squad like other guns do, which turns you into a death dealing wolf pack.

On normal difficulty, maybe. On Hardcore or Insane it sucks giant donkey balls. Your squad will die in seconds after a battle starts, and for yourself the gun is so hideously inaccurate after the first shot that you'll hardly ever land a second bullet, much less the third.

Creston

12. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 09:42 Verno

Next Bioware release I will be waiting 6 months or a year to purchase, as I did with ME. No more buying the game in the first month or two, when their games are no longer content complete.

No need to pretend, there is a pretty big difference in content from your average DLC compared to traditional expansions. All of Mass Effect 2's DLC would struggle to be 8 hours in length. A traditional expansion has at least 15 hours of content. People probably paid more for the DLC too.

All of that aside, I don't agree that ME2 wasn't feature complete. It might not be what many of us wanted but that doesn't mean it wasn't a professional product that was fairly rounded out in terms of content.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

11. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 05:37 KilrathiAce

I rather see some new ME3 previews and stuff, I hope they are using all these money from DLC's towards ME3 and making it awesome... oh wait maybe they just gonna throw these dlcs at us for next 5 years instead...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

10. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 05:14 StingingVelvet

9. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 02:11 BobBob

Waiting for the 'you can now jump' DLC.  

8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 01:38 Nucas

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 18:27:
Avoid this like the plague, because the Incisor sniper rifle is a GARGANTUAN piece of shit in-game.

Creston

if it's the same as the preorder incisor that's just not true. it doesn't scale down it's damage when you put it on your squad like other guns do, which turns you into a death dealing wolf pack.

7. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 21:13 Acleacius

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 20:27 StingingVelvet

siapnar wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 20:17:
As the DLC crap these days makes me want to barf.

If all of it were being released 6 years ago, it would be free, and hence, would not perturb me to barf.

The story and mission packs are quite good... I very much enjoy them. It's these little weapon packs and such that are pretty useless.

5. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 20:17 siapnar

As the DLC crap these days makes me want to barf.

If all of it were being released 6 years ago, it would be free, and hence, would not perturb me to barf.

I have projectile dysfunction.

4. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 18:46 Creston

necrosis wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 18:43:
Why do they keep releasing weapon and armor DLC when most people have long beaten and moved on from this game?

Because plenty of people buy it. Unfortunately.

Creston

3. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 18:43 necrosis

Why do they keep releasing weapon and armor DLC when most people have long beaten and moved on from this game?  

2. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 18:27 Creston

Creston

1. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 18:26 Cutter

Horse armor by any other name...

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo