Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released

Steam News announces the release of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack, offering five multiplayer maps for the military shooter sequel for the price of $14.99 USD. The description of the new content follows.

The best-selling first-person action game of all time gets even bigger with more epic new multiplayer content! The Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack delivers five incredible new multiplayer maps. Take the action to exciting new locations, then battle across legendary landscapes from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

“Carnival,” a large abandoned theme park that offers lots of unique vantage points that work well for all game modes. The once vibrant rides now sit idle and neglected as perfect cover points in one of the most original multiplayer locations for Modern Warfare 2.

“Fuel,” a massive oil refinery with extremely long sightlines great for medium- to long-range firefights. The spacious surroundings offer a great sniper advantage; offices, warehouses, and buildings house objectives and provide opportunity for close-range firefights.

“Trailer Park,” a medium-sized mobile estate with a maze of tight flank routes and lots of cover. Junk covered yards, deserted trailers, and debris-riddled surroundings offer intense firefights with a wide variety of vantage points and routes available.

“Strike,” a large urban desert town, excellent for medium-to-large team games. The large monument, connecting streets, and surrounding buildings offer great firefights in Team Deathmatch, and great vantage points for objective team games.

“Vacant,” a deserted Russian office complex offering a great mixture of interior and exterior combat. Long hallways with minimal cover points offer a fast escape route for potential runners, but high accuracy and fast aiming is required when advancing through this large complex.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 03:09 Muscular Beaver

ASeven wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 17:51:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 16:37:
Kobalt wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 15:28:
I love how this shot to the top seller on steam. No dedicated servers and it's still the most played on steam. DLC just eaten up. Guess pc players liked being screwed.

That's why its hard to tell publishers they are wrong on DLC, DRM and other such things... people eat it up.

And as long people eat up shit, the companies will sell them shit to eat.

Thats the wonder of new things. New things are always cool, even if they are actually crap.
Thats the consumer how it was wanted and was drilled for ages.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 20:20 ^Drag0n^

No, you can play with people that don't have the content. It disables the additional maps if the server (or anyone in your "game search party) doesn't have either of the map packs.

The down side is that it does fragment the player audience quite a bit.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

7. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 20:10 xXBatmanXx

Is this the patch......  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 17:51 ASeven

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 16:37:
I love how this shot to the top seller on steam. No dedicated servers and it's still the most played on steam. DLC just eaten up. Guess pc players liked being screwed.

That's why its hard to tell publishers they are wrong on DLC, DRM and other such things... people eat it up.

And as long people eat up shit, the companies will sell them shit to eat.

5. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 17:46 Dr. D. Schreber

Wouldn't that mean they're not wrong?

I actually read (not sure how true this is, but it sounds right) that if you buy any of the DLC, you can't play with anyone who doesn't have the DLC (regardless of playlist). Similarly, I have no DLC and I didn't see too many people playing anymore. Or many cheaters, atleast.

That sounds right; eventually the Stimulus maps suddenly rolled into the normal playlists, and with Resurgence out, there's not even a Stimulus-only playlist. I doubt they suddenly just gave it away.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

4. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 16:37 StingingVelvet

3. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 16:01 ASeven

Not all mind you, I never touched this game. But it's sad to see it go to #1.

2. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 15:29 Rhett

I actually read (not sure how true this is, but it sounds right) that if you buy any of the DLC, you can't play with anyone who doesn't have the DLC (regardless of playlist). Similarly, I have no DLC and I didn't see too many people playing anymore. Or many cheaters, atleast.

1. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 15:28 Kobalt

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo