Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale Day 9

Steam News announces the Final Days For Steam's Perils of Summer Sale, offering another batch of 24-hour specials as part of the extravaganza. Today's one-day sale items are: Day of Defeat: Source (save 75%), Borderlands (save 66%), Star Wars Empire at War: Gold Pack (save 75%), Prototype (save 50%), Half-Life 2 (save 66%), Max and the Magic Marker (save 75%), The Bionic Commando Pack (save 75%), Saints Row 2 (save 75%), Crysis Maximum Edition (save 50%), and Beat Hazard (save 75%).

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 4, 2010, 13:58 BobBob

Beat Hazard is the best of out of all. Amazing little gem.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 17:45 Dev

If I get that THQ pack for metro 2033, it will be around 250.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 3, 2010, 13:16:
yea, had some friends making fun of me at about 130+.

I got nothing on him!!! hahahahah
I think you are on my friends list, so you can point me out and have them laugh at me instead

20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 13:16 xXBatmanXx

yea, had some friends making fun of me at about 130+.

I got nothing on him!!! hahahahah

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 09:54 Bucky

Dev wrote on Jul 3, 2010, 04:01:
Narf2029 wrote on Jul 3, 2010, 03:54:
BobBob wrote on Jul 3, 2010, 03:48:
Too many sci-fi games to pass up. Purchased some. Wife is gonna kill me.
If my girlfriend knew just how many games I've bought on Steam in the last week...
My account is almost to the 230 games mark.

Stunned

Good god man! I thought my account was bad, and I'm probably going to crack the 100 game mark by the time the sale ends.

18. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 04:01 Dev

Narf2029 wrote on Jul 3, 2010, 03:54:
If my girlfriend knew just how many games I've bought on Steam in the last week...
My account is almost to the 230 games mark.

17. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 03:54 Narf2029

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 03:50 Narf2029

It does take a pretty mean machine to run it. I had been running it with everything but basic lighting turned off/at the lowest setting until now. Upgraded to a 3GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM and a 1GB 9800GT and I can do full detail. Unfortunately, I upgraded to Win 7 at the same time and ran into the problems in my previous post. The port quality is not too good. If you can get it for the 360 I imagine it'd be a no-brainer. With PC it's a mixed bag - if you are ok with using lower (or lowest) detail settings it's an endless bag of fun. Even today I still hear a new bit of dialogue on the radio or something now and then that makes me laugh, and I do something wacky and funny practically every time I play, often by accident and even now where my play sessions are spent trying to find a way around that bug.  

15. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 03:48 BobBob

14. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 03:41 .Drifter

Regarding Saints Row 2 . . .
Windows XP, 3Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB RAM, 512MB 8800GT.
Game runs good while on foot, like crap while driving.
Frame rate doesn't drop so much as the game just stutters like mad while moving in any vehicle.
On foot thought, runs pretty good. I can run, attack, get in massive fights with nary a bit of slowdown, but the minute I even think about getting in a car it's like the game knows, and stutter, stutter, stutter.

13. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 03:04 Narf2029

Saints Row 2 has a bug that affects the CPU timing of some Vista and Win 7 users. Basically makes the game go 50-100% faster than it should, like you're playing in fast-forward. There's a community hack that fixes it for some, but for me it makes the game crash at the same very early point every time I reach it. Others use the hack and have no issues. Others still have no timing issue to begin with. If you're using Vista or Win 7 and you like to play roulette, now's a great time to give Saints Row 2 a shot! I otherwise highly recommend it. It invariably draws comparison to GTA IV. I found Saints Row 2 fun enough to beat dozens of times alone and in cooperative play. I have yet to finish GTA IV.  

12. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 01:34 xXBatmanXx

There is actually a very nice sized community still for DoD Source. I put in 10-20 or so hours a week still in the game. Primarly on a mod called GunGame. Hit me up if you need some direction to servers.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 3, 2010, 00:19 Kobalt

Was thinking of picking up day of defeat(yes im probably the only one on the internet without it). Anyone know if a decent amount of people still play it?  

10. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 2, 2010, 22:03 Dev

PHJF wrote on Jul 2, 2010, 21:49:
They fixed SR2 (mostly) with patches.
Would that be Space Rangers 2? That was also on sale, and its a great game.

Kabuto wrote on Jul 2, 2010, 20:29:
Edit: Is any of the Borderland DLC worth buying for single player only?
One of them increases level cap and adds a big pile of stuff, I forget which, the generals armory something? Since the DLC for that game is finally on sale I bought them all. Just check the steam page for each DLC and see which one(s) sound like they'd help.

9. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 2, 2010, 22:00 Creston

Empire at War for 5 bucks. Borderlands for 10. Those are solid prices.

Creston

8. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 2, 2010, 21:49 PHJF

They fixed SR2 (mostly) with patches.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 2, 2010, 20:55 Prez

WARNING: If you are prone to seizures, think you may be prone to seizures, have a dog or cat who may have seizures, have a pet with a toy that may be prone to seizures, or have a neighbor who has an uncle who has a former roommate who may be prone to seizures, DO NOT TRY BEATHAZARD.

It's a blast but holy CRAP is it visually busy. I'm none of the above and I had flashing colors dancing across my vision for 20 minutes after quitting it!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 2, 2010, 20:44 Koshmar

Thinking about picking up Saints Row as well but I'd like to hear some feedback as well. Is it fun, have they patched out the issues this used to have?  

5. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 2, 2010, 20:29 Kabuto

I picked up Borderlands, I couldn't pass it up for $10.00.

I'm considering buying Saints Row 2, but I've heard bad things about the PC port, particularly that the frame rate is terrible. Anyone have experience running it on a X4 955 w/ 8800GTS (G92)? I just want to know if it's at least playable before purchasing it.

Edit: Is any of the Borderland DLC worth buying for single player only?

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2010, 20:55.

4. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 2, 2010, 19:59 Wolfen

I bought beat hazard at full price when it came out since I dug audiosurf (being they are both games using your music lib), but I have to say it was in a horrid state then. I havnt re-installed since then though I have seen it has been making lots of updates.  

3. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 2, 2010, 19:48 Prez

Bought Beathazard. It seems like a nifty idea, and that's a no-risk price.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo