Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare now BioWare Mythic [Updated]

A new Warhammer Producer's Letter discusses plans for the upcoming version 1.3.6 of Warhammer Online. It also reveals BioWare is going by a the new name of BioWare Mythic, apparently hoping that will work out better than the EA Mythic moniker they used for a short time. Back to version 1.3.6, they offer some information on the patch, link to this post with even more details, and say: "More on this and all the other things going on in the Summer of WAR next month!" Update: Apparently BioWare Mythic is now the name for the Warhammer Online team, while BioWare also seems to still exist as a separate entity, sorry for the confusion.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic [Updated] Jul 2, 2010, 09:15 Wolfen

EA's goal is to get into the MMO market. They've been trying to compete for years on end with little success. UO has been there ultimate which lives to this day. Mythic was to be there MMO place but as that seems to not be the plan anymore.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 2, 2010, 08:38 Silicon Avatar

EA used to have a dedicated RPG division. Remember Ultima? They'll just rape the next IP and move on - business as usual.  

13. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jul 2, 2010, 04:52 Kobalt

I don't know why someone thought it a good idea to associate a company coming out with a new mmo, with the one that made that piece of shit called warhammer.  

12. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jul 2, 2010, 04:44 InBlack

HellSlayer wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 23:48:
Oh my...the big business is taking over the planet lets let big government fix it! :)lol Just had to, and really...it is on topic.

Yeah small governments like really rule...like...erm...oh wait there is no such thing....

And I guess your solution would be....the Kingdom of God?

I have a nifty blue line!

11. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 2, 2010, 02:20 Eldaron Imotholin

Drayth wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 23:51:
So should the headline be "EA Mythic now called BioWare Mythic"..? Or was there an in between stage of them being called just BioWare?

This.

Headline scared the shit out of me.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

10. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 2, 2010, 00:22 Scottish Martial Arts

I believe EA has been wanting to put together a dedicated RPG division, like EA Sports, under the Bioware brand. EA's MMO studio, Mythic, is probably being renamed Bioware Mythic to reflect that branding.  

9. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 23:51 Drayth

So should the headline be "EA Mythic now called BioWare Mythic"..? Or was there an in between stage of them being called just BioWare?  

8. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jul 1, 2010, 23:48 HellSlayer

Oh my...the big business is taking over the planet lets let big government fix it! :)lol Just had to, and really...it is on topic.  
o0

7. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 23:43 StingingVelvet

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 23:06:
Anyone still believe Bioware is still Bioware? If so, I hope Santa brings you lots of presents this Xmas! LOL!

I guess this is supposed to be a swipe at how they sold out, but considering their output has been awesome, who gives a shit?

6. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 23:21 Creston

Relax. It's just the other studio that's now being called Bioware Mythic. There's still a Bioware. Period.

Who, I hope, are hard at work on Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3.

Creston

5. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 23:06 Cutter

Anyone still believe Bioware is still Bioware? If so, I hope Santa brings you lots of presents this Xmas! LOL!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 22:50 Kxmode

Waramp wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 22:05:
Bioware is still Bioware. EA Mythic (the Warhammer Online guys) are now being called Bioware Mythic.

And I assume Activision Blizzard is an innocent moniker as well?

3. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 22:05  Waramp 

Bioware is still Bioware. EA Mythic (the Warhammer Online guys) are now being called Bioware Mythic.  

2. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 21:29 The Half Elf

Why would you fuck up a perfectly good Company name by attaching Mythic to it?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 21:26 Wolfen

Still both just EA in the end.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo