Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PC Darksiders Delayed

THQ announces the PC edition of Darksiders is to be called the Hell Book Edition, saying it is now expected on September 24, rather than this month (all that's left of it), as was previously announced. This edition will not include Hell, but it does have a book, of the comic variety. Here's word: "The Hell Book edition of Darksiders contains many items to excite both fans of Darksiders and PC gamers alike including a comic book and art cards created by legendary comic book artist, Joe Madueira and a soundtrack CD. Darksiders enthralled console gamers earlier this year, and has now been meticulously crafted for the PC to deliver the same great art style and dynamic game play to a whole new audience."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jul 1, 2010, 10:28 Eldaron Imotholin

BobBob wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 08:23:
I hope they offer good keyboard and mouse support. I really hate game controllers.

Hell yes. Me too. I just can't get immersed into a game with a controller in my hand. It's even worse with FPS games -- why they are also loved on consoles is truly beyond me.

I can understand enjoying a console if you're in for a quick play. But when I start a game, I want to step out of reality and into the world & feeling of the game I'm playing. I am completely incapable of doing that with a controller in my hand sitting in the living room.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jul 1, 2010, 08:23 BobBob

I hope they offer good keyboard and mouse support. I really hate game controllers.  

11. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jul 1, 2010, 07:35 Trevellian

I was really looking forward to this game, bought it the day of release on PS3. I could not put it down. It is hands down one of my favorite games of all time. Zelda world exploration and ability collection meets God of War style combat and executions with a dark comic book feel to it. War was just a badass. The characters you meet, especially Ulthaine are really well voice acted and the interaction is amazing.

If they do a good job of porting the game and it controls well, do not pass this one up.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

10. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jul 1, 2010, 05:44 spindoctor

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 03:44:
As for the list, in my case you can scrap all war games. Too tired of those. Been so for years already. You also mentioned some games I didn't even feel like looking into because I had NO idea they were going to be released this year! Like Fear 3, Dead Space 2, The Witcher 2, Deus Ex 3 and Rage. Those games are indeed worth looking forward to! Not as much as Mafia 2, imo, but still.

I think Deus Ex 3, Rage and The Witcher 2 will be released in Q1 2011. I'm glad that the industry has started spreading out their releases into the months following the holiday season instead of stuffing them all into the September-December window.. it turns out to be easier on our wallets

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

9. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jul 1, 2010, 04:26 Jerykk

I'm pretty sure DX3 isn't coming out this year.  

8. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jul 1, 2010, 03:49 Eldaron Imotholin

BobBob wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 02:58:

Ever considered getting a girlfriend?

Lame. Some people, like myself, managed to not completely sacrifice theirselves in the sake of keeping the girl. Last afternoon she watched me play the first part of Singularity and almost crawled into my shoulder when that first abomination creature finally revealed itself by overwhelming me from my flank. Heaven on earth is what you call those moments.

edit: whoops sorry for this double post. It was my intention to copy the whole thing and edit it into my previous post. Hit "post comment" without thinking. ^^

7. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jul 1, 2010, 03:44 Eldaron Imotholin

spindoctor wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 20:15:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 19:58:
Which games will that be, apart from Mafia 2?

I could find a comprehensive list somewhere to post here but I suspect the elitists who believe they are too good for gaming will show up and complain about how they are all sequels or console games so why bother?

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few games that are releasing in the next 6-8 months which could possibly take priority over Darksiders... Starcraft 2, Mafia 2, Fallout New Vegas, Civilization 5, GT5, TDU2, Elemental, Dead Rising 2, Fear 3, COD Black Ops, Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, BC2 Vietnam, NFS Hot Pursuit, Dead Space 2, The Witcher 2, HAWX 2, Deus Ex 3, Rage, Trackmania 2... Probably loads more that I missed.

I completely understand why you didn't feel like writing a list, mate. There are wolves @ Bluesnews ready to snap at you for a simple reason as to enlist a game that they think is crap.

As for the list, in my case you can scrap all war games. Too tired of those. Been so for years already. You also mentioned some games I didn't even feel like looking into because I had NO idea they were going to be released this year! Like Fear 3, Dead Space 2, The Witcher 2, Deus Ex 3 and Rage. Those games are indeed worth looking forward to! Not as much as Mafia 2, imo, but still.

space captain wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 21:15:
YOU ASSHOLES ARE SO FUCKING NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!

I take it that was aimed at the man that is forever competing for that one moment of self-aggrandizing glory in which he hogs the intellectual spotlight, trying to hold dominion over a an entire shallow and pointless discussion because we're not worthy? PHJF?

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2010, 03:56.

6. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jul 1, 2010, 02:58 BobBob

spindoctor wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 20:15:
Off the top of my head, I can think of a few games that are releasing in the next 6-8 months which could possibly take priority over Darksiders... Starcraft 2, Mafia 2, Fallout New Vegas, Civilization 5, GT5, TDU2, Elemental, Dead Rising 2, Fear 3, COD Black Ops, Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, BC2 Vietnam, NFS Hot Pursuit, Dead Space 2, The Witcher 2, HAWX 2, Deus Ex 3, Rage, Trackmania 2... Probably loads more that I missed.

Ever considered getting a girlfriend?

5. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jun 30, 2010, 21:15 space captain

YOU ASSHOLES ARE SO FUCKING NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!  
Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jun 30, 2010, 20:42 PHJF

Those are all sequels and/or console games.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jun 30, 2010, 20:15 spindoctor

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 19:58:

I could find a comprehensive list somewhere to post here but I suspect the elitists who believe they are too good for gaming will show up and complain about how they are all sequels or console games so why bother?

2. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jun 30, 2010, 19:58 Eldaron Imotholin

That's not some smartass rhetorical question. I just really wonder. I've been talking with friends about it and apart from Mafia 2.. we can't really picture any other game to look forward to this year.

This year is so relatively boring I've even started to install old games that are classics in my eyes, like Severance: Blade of Darkness. I also started the new AvP again, trying to complete it. But I just can't stand so much darkness. It's not that it's scary (which it isn't) but I've evidently grown susceptible to depressive stuff.

1. Re: PC Darksiders Delayed Jun 30, 2010, 19:15 spindoctor

I hope they know what they're doing. Darksiders sounded like an interesting diversion during the summer when the releases were few and far between. Now they've moved it into the prime time as far a release windows go, and I can't help but wonder whether people who might have bought it now will end up skipping it later because they have other games to spend their money on.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo