Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched

The long-awaited R8 client patch for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is now automatically available, announces Steam News. Updated servers for the military shooter sequel are now online, and the lengthy patch notes follow.

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
Server - Idle kick is controllable
Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
Admin Interface - much more info on kills
Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaiso, this has been fixed
Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
Server Browser - Added support for retrieving update progress
Server Browser - Now refreshes information
Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
Server Browser - All settings are automatically saved between sessions
Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Improved Play Now functionality
Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles

The Balance tweaks are as followed:
Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jul 1, 2010, 01:26 ColoradoHoudini

Reading what some of the folks at VE3D are saying.. there are a host of new issues..

for one:
the new "infantry only" tab, only works on unranked servers.. huh?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 19:08 xXBatmanXx

I would like to see this fix:

-Friends list can now hold more than 20 players

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

19. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 19:07 xXBatmanXx

bigspender wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 18:58:
also another "bug" which will annoy the crap out of you when you finally see it:

when the chat window (even in minimized form) pops up, the left 1/2 of entire the screen has a darker shade to it (as if its like a poorly hidden large version of the chat window).

you can notice it when you look at the middle of the screen, there will be a vertical line as you can see the contrast between the left and right 1/2's of the screen.

That sounds like a console carry over bug. That is too bad.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

18. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 19:06 xXBatmanXx

JoeNapalm wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 11:18:
Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement

Please tell me this wasn't because someone complained that it was too hard to learn to lead a moving target?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Yea, I don't really understand that one.....in hardcore, it was perfect...maybe this is because of the vanilla stuff?

17. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 18:58 bigspender

also another "bug" which will annoy the crap out of you when you finally see it:

when the chat window (even in minimized form) pops up, the left 1/2 of entire the screen has a darker shade to it (as if its like a poorly hidden large version of the chat window).

you can notice it when you look at the middle of the screen, there will be a vertical line as you can see the contrast between the left and right 1/2's of the screen.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

16. Re: Patches in New Issues Jun 30, 2010, 18:48 TQPro

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 10:39:
-Muzzle-Flashes stay in the distance clearly visible even when dude is not firing anymore
-Reload Indicator can become stuck (the text that says "reload")
-The Chat Window can be accidently highlighted by simply moving the viewpoint around
-The Chat window can sometimes become stuck (doesn't go away even though nobody says anything ,p)

Minor issues, but still issues. Bulgarian Q&A = Fail

I found the EXACT SAME issues as you described here. This is accurate. These things somehow missed QA....really not surprising.

15. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 17:23 born2expire

Mcboinkens wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 17:04:
Yesterday I said the game still sucked. This patch, however, may change my mind. Good changes.

game still sucks

14. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 17:04 Mcboinkens

Yesterday I said the game still sucked. This patch, however, may change my mind. Good changes.  

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 15:39 Simulant

Trippalhealicks wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 13:37:
I don't understand how the helicopter and UAV having (forced) different movement controls is not seen as a problem. I don't understand why this wasn't fixed.

Hear! Hear! I can't tell you how many times I've crashed both vehicles because I forgot to invert the y-axis.

12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 13:58 eRe4s3r

because they wanted to make it easier to hit UAV's  

11. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 13:37 Trippalhealicks

I don't understand how the helicopter and UAV having (forced) different movement controls is not seen as a problem. I don't understand why this wasn't fixed.  

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 13:04 eRe4s3r

Right mouse button with smoke perk in a heli - by the way, smoke deletes attached tracers also on tanks  

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 12:57 fujiJuice

Anyone know how to fire the counter measures, I see no bind for it?  

8. Re: Patches in New Issues Jun 30, 2010, 11:50 eRe4s3r

I expected that the AN94 now shoots missiles

Or basically, nothing. The balance is a bit better though

Also - the Tracer and HELI fixes are great - finally a good helipilot is not flying a coffin. So its not like they didn't fix issues, the problem is they created new ones.

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 11:28 LittleMe

I hope this fixes the dire gamepad issues. If I have to use a mouse/keyb I'm gonna go ballistic! /sarc

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 11:18 JoeNapalm

Please tell me this wasn't because someone complained that it was too hard to learn to lead a moving target?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 10:55 Verno

Making the hitboxes larger = laziest fix I've seen in a long time. On the plus side the M16 and MG3 rule now as a result. Most of the other changes are kickass and I saw a ton of cheaters get banned already for using the BC2 Multihack.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

4. Re: Patches in New Issues Jun 30, 2010, 10:54 Paketep

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2010, 10:39:
Bulgarian Q&A = Fail

DICE = Fail. What did you expect?

3. Patches in New Issues Jun 30, 2010, 10:39 eRe4s3r

-Muzzle-Flashes stay in the distance clearly visible even when dude is not firing anymore
-Reload Indicator can become stuck (the text that says "reload")
-The Chat Window can be accidently highlighted by simply moving the viewpoint around
-The Chat window can sometimes become stuck (doesn't go away even though nobody says anything ,p)

Minor issues, but still issues. Bulgarian Q&A = Fail

2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patched Jun 30, 2010, 10:33 JayDeath

"Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log"

It's about time! How this wasn't implemented before release is beyond me. And it looks like the weapons werent nerfed much too. I'll be checking this out tonite.

Steam: Henry Krinkle

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo