Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched

The ARMA 2 Official Website announces that the Operation Arrowhead standalone expansion for ARMA 2, Bohemia Interactive Studios' military shooter sequel is now available in stores, as well as through Steam. Word is: "Players will enlist into various roles within the US Army - basic infantryman through to special operatives; combat pilots to heavy armor - supported by cutting-edge military equipment, such as thermal imaging, remotely-controlled UAVs and the very latest weapons and vehicles." The Bohemia Interactive Forums also have word on the availability of a launch-day patch to update Operation Arrowhead to version 1.52, along with a dedicated server for the game. The patch is mirrored on The Patches Scrolls.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 30, 2010, 10:49 Angry

JaguarUSF wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 21:37:
Grounded wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 21:15:
This game is awesome, and steam is doing 49.99 for BOTH games right now

Actually, that's the list price.

No he means BOTH GAMES COMBINED

Just checkcked its 49.99 for BOTH Arma II's

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 30, 2010, 09:58 Wildone

How can there be mods for a game that JUST CAME OUT?! There is ACE2 as someone said which is a must have, and easy to install/update using the 'Six Updater' I know its easy bcus I suck at such things and it works for me;) ACE will be integrating the new features of OA but it'll take them a few weeks ect Im sure, but it'll happen Im sure.

Oh and I cant tell how realistic such games are, as I have never been in battle, never flown an A10 or Blackhawk..but the FEELING is intense and satisfying when your on a team and supporting them in combat. Btw, there's ALOT of servicemen who play Arma2..I guess that says a lot.

8. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 30, 2010, 05:55 Muscular Beaver

Yes, its not perfectly realistic, but its far more realistic than anything else out there. And if thats not enough, you can simply install ACE2, which is another huge step in realism (too much for some) and a very high quality mod with lots of servers that are running it.

BTW: You still havent answered me in that other thread concerning your inability to install a mod properly in this game. At least youre not blaming the game here again... Well, you do, but in another sense.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

7. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 30, 2010, 03:42 LittleMe

Syd wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 21:13:
Is this worth it ? I'm a realism fan and played operation flashpoint extensively doing ww2cti . Can i get CTI with this standalone expantion ? thanks

There are probably no mods for OA right now. The base A2 game has lots and lots. Is it worth it? The game demands a powerful computer. The 'fun factor' is low, and the realism factor is well, in my opinion, not there either. Sure, bullet trajectory and weapon design and the game has a primitive inventory system and good uniforms and all that is done well. But reality is nothing like this game. The game isn't trying to be fun. It's trying to be a simulation. It's an exclusively hardcore game.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

6. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 29, 2010, 21:52 DangerDog

Operation Arrowhead is on 48 hour madness sale on Gogamer.com $32.90  

5. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 29, 2010, 21:37 JaguarUSF

Grounded wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 21:15:

Actually, that's the list price.

4. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 29, 2010, 21:31 CommunistHamster

If you liked OFP, you'll like Arma 2. Made by the same guys on a heavily upgraded version of the same engine. Same fantastic community support.  

3. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 29, 2010, 21:15 Grounded

2. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 29, 2010, 21:13 Syd

Is this worth it ? I'm a realism fan and played operation flashpoint extensively doing ww2cti . Can i get CTI with this standalone expantion ? thanks  

1. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Shipped, Patched Jun 29, 2010, 20:39 OldScho0l

I'll have to pass since I can't even play ArmaII. I'll get in when I upgrade.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo