Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Rising 2 Delay

USATODAY.com has word that the release date for Dead Rising 2 is now September 28, after the zombie action sequel was previously announced to have an August 31 North American release date (September 2 in Japan and September 3 in Europe, so we're guessing this means it's due on September 30 in Europe). No reason for the setback is offered, but as the old joke goes, it certainly wasn't to make the game worse.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 29, 2010, 04:03 Dev

Tony!!! wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 23:19:
It's wierd that we now get gaming news from USA Today, isn't it?

Part of that is how the whole exclusive stuff works. Dunno if that was the case with this particular factoid, but its often the case when you see news sources that have stuff early before everyone else that they have an exclusive. Especially if its a news source that reaches the general public more than the general gaming public (such as USA today), thats a sure sign of an exclusive.

I belive blue in the last couple weeks linked to something about the whole exclusive thing and how its been corrupting the game reporting industry. Not much of a surprise to anyone following these things.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 23:19 Tony!!!

It's wierd that we now get gaming news from USA Today, isn't it?  
-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

13. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 19:57 xXBatmanXx

Works for me. I have such a backlog of games to play that I am fine with whenever it comes out.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

12. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 16:47 Pyloff

I don't find much appealing in that list. Playing sequels is getting a bit stale.  

11. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 16:26 spindoctor

PropheT wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 16:16:

Would be nice, but they never released Dead Rising on PC; have they said they're porting this one over yet?

Yes, a PC version is confirmed. The only question is whether it will release simultaneously with consoles or whether they will delay it by a few months to protect the console sales (as they did with SF4 and RE5).

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

10. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 16:16 PropheT

spindoctor wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 12:20:
Considering Capcom's recent track record, I think it is possible that the PC version will be delayed for another 4-6 months after this release date.

Would be nice, but they never released Dead Rising on PC; have they said they're porting this one over yet?

9. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 15:42 StingingVelvet

Well I feel bad for you if none of them appeal to you...  

8. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 15:20 PHJF

rriiigghhtt  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 14:43 StingingVelvet

PHJF wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 12:34:
Is that a joke? I just went to Amazon's upcoming PC game list. The only genuinely interesting upcoming PC games are StarCraft and Civilization. Unless you just can't wait to get your hands on Bewjeweled Blitz and Hunting Unlimited 2011...

Go to "all PC games" and then sort by release date... tons of amazing games coming.

6. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 14:25 Ruffiana

Civ V will hopefully be worth 2 or 3 games in itself.  

5. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 12:52 ^mortis^

probably to coincide with this.

^m^

4. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 12:34 PHJF

Is that a joke? I just went to Amazon's upcoming PC game list. The only genuinely interesting upcoming PC games are StarCraft and Civilization. Unless you just can't wait to get your hands on Bewjeweled Blitz and Hunting Unlimited 2011...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 12:20 spindoctor

Considering Capcom's recent track record, I think it is possible that the PC version will be delayed for another 4-6 months after this release date.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

2. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 11:22 StingingVelvet

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 11:06:
This is a good thing for me. Got too much shit to play right now as it is...

Going to amazon and sorting all PC games by release date makes me cry... dozens of titles over the next year I want, and people say the PC is dead?

1. Re: Dead Rising 2 Delay Jun 28, 2010, 11:06 nin

This is a good thing for me. Got too much shit to play right now as it is...

How many posts until someone cries about this being console news, even though it's coming out for the PC?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo