Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming?

A post on EventHubs.com highlights a few tweets from Super Street Fighter 4 series producer, Yoshinori Ono, who leaves open the possibility a PC edition of the enhanced version of the fighting game is still being considered, as they attempt to overcome the piracy that plagues the original, saying. "The PC version has some problems. In [Street Fighter 4], a large amount of illegal copy appeared on the market all over the world. Please Wait...," and "We are solving various problems now. Time is necessary for this." Thanks Ant via Voodoo Extreme.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 29, 2010, 08:03 xXBatmanXx

I bought it on the xbox360, then got my hands on a tournament SF4 joystick for super cheap.

Can't go wrong. I setup in front of the tv like an old arcade.

It is the shit.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 29, 2010, 04:28 .Drifter

ASeven wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 20:26:
Pirated copy does not mean a lost sale. And the link I provided, along with the quote, shows that Capcom was quite pleased with the PC sales.

Piracy is still a stupid excuse.

True, a pirated copy does not mean a lost sale.
It also does not mean a pirate would not have purchased a game had they not been able to pirate it.
Not knowing the mind and motivation of every single person who pirated the game, you're just going round in circles with that one.

I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't consider "cautiously optimistic" and "so far, satisfied," to be equivalent to "quite pleased."

To put my thinking in to food terms, "cautiously optimistic" and "so far, satisfied" are terms I would use when referring to a turkey TV Dinner.
"Quite pleased" is what I would use to refer to a full on, homemade turkey dinner with dressing, desert, and a big glass of milk.

Neither being bad, but one more notably good than the other.

21. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 29, 2010, 03:57 Rigs

And with that, I think the argument should be closed. Obviously, bickering about it is not going to budge anyone from their respective camps. Some say piracy is piracy and some say it's an excuse. Great. Got it. This doesn't require an argument, or more than 2 posts. Whatever their reasons, they have them. Period. No amount of whining is going to change anything. If it comes out for PC, awesome. If not, grab a console version, stuff your mouth full of those pretzels and sit and have fun... Rolleyes

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

20. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 20:26 ASeven

TheDrifter73 wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 20:20:
ASeven wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 13:29:
The piracy excuse is nothing more than that, an excuse. There's piracy, sure, but thankfully fewer are buying into that excuse.

I don't know if it's an excuse, the truth, or an issue of perception.
That being said, if I shipped a game and saw 10 times the number of copies being pirated and downloaded as were being sold, and it wasn't due to bugs or the game being "bad" (it was getting high marks from players), then I would perceive that I was being ripped off and thus be less likely to put out another game unless the sales I was seeing were more than of the "cautiously optimistic." Sales would have to be "darn good" or better instead.

Pirated copy does not mean a lost sale. And the link I provided, along with the quote, shows that Capcom was quite pleased with the PC sales.

19. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 20:20 .Drifter

ASeven wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 13:29:
The piracy excuse is nothing more than that, an excuse. There's piracy, sure, but thankfully fewer are buying into that excuse.

I don't know if it's an excuse, the truth, or an issue of perception.
That being said, if I shipped a game and saw 10 times the number of copies being pirated and downloaded as were being sold, and it wasn't due to bugs or the game being "bad" (it was getting high marks from players), then I would perceive that I was being ripped off and thus be less likely to put out another game unless the sales I was seeing were more than of the "cautiously optimistic." Sales would have to be "darn good" or better instead.

18. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 19:51 Vulkan

Sleeeeepy wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 15:59:
Way to get defensive guys. It's just games like that seem to work better as a beer and pretzels game around a bigscreen TV. You don't exactly see an abundance of this kind of game on the PC so I can't be the only one with that opinion.

Not to be a total smartass but these days you can also easily plug a PC into a big screen TV and get amazing graphics too. I'm pretty sure you can also have a PC in conjunction with beer and pretzels, but you'd have to consult your manual for that.

17. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 17:51 Zyrxil

Sleeeeepy wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 15:59:
Way to get defensive guys. It's just games like that seem to work better as a beer and pretzels game around a bigscreen TV. You don't exactly see an abundance of this kind of game on the PC so I can't be the only one with that opinion.

You're using a circular argument- there are less fighting games on PC therefore it's not a PC genre, therefore you shouldn't make fighting games for PC.

Besides, Capcom has ported plenty of its older fighters (and other games) to PC during their heyday, though without any fanfare. There's also a hardcore community of gamers playing older arcade fighters over the net using Kailera and GGPO.

16. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 17:09 Warskull

Sleeeeepy wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 14:34:
To be honest, I don't think it really needs to be on PC. FPS's are superior in every way when played on PC, but beat-em-ups shine on the console platforms so much better.

You play fighting games with an arcade stick (or for some people a pad.) The exact same sticks and pads that work on the Xbox work on the PC. In fact that's a major feature of the SFIV branded controllers. In fact the physical retail copies came with a Madcatz fight pad.

I would be nice if the PC version had cross platform play with the Xbox, like the BlazBlue PC version is going to have.

15. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 16:34 ASJD

Zyrxil wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 12:15:
What they need is crossplatform play to increase the player pool.

As someone who plays fighting games on consoles, no fucking thank you. PC version has tons of macro users and users who have shit PCs and turn their settings too high that slows down the framerate.

14. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 15:59 Sleeeeepy

13. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 14:45 StingingVelvet

Zyrxil wrote on Jun 28, 2010, 14:36:
How are they much better? Any serious fan is buying a $100-$150 arcade stick if they don't have one, and all of those work just fine when you plug it into your PC.

It's annoyingly common for people to seem oblivious to the fact that PCs can use control pads and other peripherals.

12. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 14:36 Zyrxil

How are they much better? Any serious fan is buying a $100-$150 arcade stick if they don't have one, and all of those work just fine when you plug it into your PC.  

11. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 14:34 Sleeeeepy

To be honest, I don't think it really needs to be on PC. FPS's are superior in every way when played on PC, but beat-em-ups shine on the console platforms so much better.  

10. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 13:29 ASeven

Man, the piracy excuse again and people keep eating it up.

FYI even Capcom admitted SFIV for the PC sold well, so there goes the piracy claims.

When the first week of sales were in, Sven said that he was, "cautiously optimistic," about the sales figures for Street Fighter 4 on the PC. Do we have anything more than that at this point? Mercurious

Sven: It's not doing badly, it's not setting the world on fire (remember, we sell multiple million units on console). All the same, as with the nature of the PC games in general, we'll be selling it for a very long time.

Also, http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/18540817

9. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 13:21 zirik

i really dont understand why people want to pirate capcom games on the pc. they never overprice their products. less than $30 for a brand new release is a bargain. their profit margin is probably lower than other developers.  

8. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 12:47 Ginny

Tbh it doesn't come, cry me a river.

Just how many downloaded the 'hows it run on my system' and proudly posted their nice system stats in those screens that flooded every gaming forum.

While not an exact measure, you can bet capcom were keeping count, the millions that downloaded it, probaly a fraction of that returned in sales.

The game was so cheap to buy, it was a title people realy wanted, given the proper PC treatment... and still people turned it back in capcoms face.

7. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 12:31 ASeven

I'll get this one if it has a decent DRM though the words of the developer foreshadow something like a horrible DRM, in which case no buy.

Besides they are releasing SSFIV for the arcades, and the arcades literally run on WindowsXP so the only reason to delay the PC version is the same reason Ubisoft delayed, to add DRM. I'm now waiting for the Capcom announcement of their new DRM, much like ubisoft did with theirs.

6. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 12:28 Jerykk

What Capcom needs to do is not release ports months after the console versions. When people see ads that say a game is out on July 5th, they expect the game to be out on July 5th for all platforms. The ads never say "PC version out November 17th."  

5. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 12:15 Zyrxil

What they need is crossplatform play to increase the player pool. If that means GFWL, then so be it. That's the only good feature it has anyway.  

4. Re: Super Street Fighter 4 PC Still Coming? Jun 28, 2010, 12:04 theyarecomingforyou

I just hope they ditch GFWL, as backing up my save progress (and my unlocks) destroyed my enjoyment of the game. At least with SSFIV all the characters are unlocked to begin with, which is almost reason enough for me to buy it... along with all the other improvements. As soon as it appears on Steam I'll be picking it up, providing they deem the PC worthy enough for such a title.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo