Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale

Steam has launched a big "Perils of Summer" sale, offering a big batch of games at a discount between now and July 4, including 33% off on a Valve Complete Pack, 66% off all Codemasters games, 33% off all Ubisoft games, 75% off on a 2K Complete Pack, 66% off all Atari games, 18% off on a Rockstar Collection, 25% off on a Square Enix Eidos Collector's Pack, and more. In addition to the ongoing sale items they will be offering a selection of titles for daily 24-hour specials. For today these include Killing Floor for 75% off, Counter-Strike- Source for 66% off, Overlord Complete Pack for 85% off, BioShock 2 for 50% off (including four-packs), Unreal Deal Pack for 66% off (or 50% off on any of the individual Unreal games), Trine for 80% off, and Aion Standard Edition for 50% off.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Steam Sale Jun 25, 2010, 00:57 Creston

Kabuto wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 22:13:
Is Space Rangers 2 worth picking up? How has the gameplay and graphics help up after 4 years?

The graphics suck, but that's not why you're playing Space Rangers 2. (Hell, part of the game is just text!) You're playing it because it's a fantastic game, with tons of depth and strategy, and it's awesome fun.

Make sure you get the Reboot version though. It's got a crapload more content.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 23:40 BobBob

Atari - Act of War series. Very good RTS.  

36. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 22:13 Kabuto

Is Space Rangers 2 worth picking up? How has the gameplay and graphics help up after 4 years?  

35. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 21:24 Kxmode

Can anyone from LucasArts or Obsidian comment as to why KOTOR 2 isn't being sold anywhere online? I'd really like to buy it.

The other game I'd like to buy is Mafia.

34. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 19:42 Elf Shot The Food

My secret tip for jumbo savings: don't buy anything unless it has been discounted by more than 50%. Something selling for half-price will always drop lower somewhere down the line.

That said, there are lots of great deals there.

33. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 19:40 Zadig

An utterly amazing batch of sales. I've already got a list of 7 old games I plan to get and hope to see a one day sale on L4D2 and Borderlands eventually. Steam also just added The Guild 2 & expansion to their catalog which I've wanted for awhile.  

32. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 19:35 StingingVelvet

Pigeon wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 18:58:
kxmode wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 16:07:
Does anyone know why KOTOR 2 isn't being sold on Steam?

I actually recently tried to reinstall the original KOTOR and I've had some trouble getting it to run. SECURROM issues plagued me, and then even with the widescreen hack things distorted. I'm not sure if any of those issues would effect KOTOR II, but that could be why they're delaying release. Or so I'd like to think.

Nah, they both run fine here... you probably had some kind of side issue on your PC.

31. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 19:11 RaZ0r!

I see lots of fast food value menus in my future.  

30. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 18:58 Pigeon

kxmode wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 16:07:
Does anyone know why KOTOR 2 isn't being sold on Steam?

I actually recently tried to reinstall the original KOTOR and I've had some trouble getting it to run. SECURROM issues plagued me, and then even with the widescreen hack things distorted. I'm not sure if any of those issues would effect KOTOR II, but that could be why they're delaying release. Or so I'd like to think.

29. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 18:53 Bucky

Yup, PC gaming must be dead. I've never, ever had such a massive backlog of awesome games to play.

Good lord, it's going to take me ages just to look through all the deals (and I will).

28. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 18:52 StingingVelvet

Frijoles wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 18:31:
Does Bioshock 2 still have the DRM on it? The steam page for it doesn't mention it, but I remember it (the DRM) being full of suck.

The retail version just does a date check, no limited activations or anything. Not sure about the Steam version.

And GFWL for multiplayer, of course.

27. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 18:31 Frijoles

Does Bioshock 2 still have the DRM on it? The steam page for it doesn't mention it, but I remember it (the DRM) being full of suck.  

26. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 17:58 Creston

JoeNapalm wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 17:12:
Dude...I'm so far behind on my games list that I'm going to have to create a separate category in my Steam library for games that I've bought but are still in the queue to be installed.

I already have a queue like that. It's called "still need to play."

It has 32 games in it...

Creston

25. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 17:51 shponglefan

Goddammit. Steam is why I have trouble saving for retirement.  

24. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 17:26 DG

tony wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 17:10:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 16:49:
I really wonder how these sales effect the number of people buying games at $50 on release. I know Valve has said they don't, but it's surprising, and that was before they went really crazy like this.

If there is a game that is coming out that I really, really want (like Civilization V or Portal 2) I will pay full price for it to be able to enjoy it day 1.

Other games that I'd like to have but aren't a priority in my gaming needs, like Metro 2033 and Bioshock 2, I wait until they are at least 50% off MSRP.
+1
Though actually there's been a few games I considered buying at full price but the DRM put me off. I'd then forget about it, see it on sale which results in reading a comment somewhere that the worst of the DRM had been patched out, so in the basket it goes. Like I'll probably be picking up Bioshock 2 if they've taken out the crap.

Currently looking at:
BS2; Witcher; Dirt2

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2010, 17:32.

23. Re: The Witcher Jun 24, 2010, 17:22 Techie714 İ

I'm just going to throw this one out there for the hell of it. If you have not gotten the Witcher it is well worth your time & money. If you enjoyed Dragon Age in the slightest you will LOVE The Witcher. Both different games but both GREAT RPG's.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20900/

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

22. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 17:19 Techie714 İ

JoeNapalm wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 17:12:
(Of course, thanks to Steam, NewEgg, and Amazon, I have the number memorized...*sigh*)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

LOL, dude I spend more money at those 3 places than anywhere else! I just spent a shit load @ Amazon & Newegg on a new build.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

21. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 17:12 JoeNapalm

Dude...I'm so far behind on my games list that I'm going to have to create a separate category in my Steam library for games that I've bought but are still in the queue to be installed.

I'm going to go lock my credit card in a safe, then bury it.

(Of course, thanks to Steam, NewEgg, and Amazon, I have the number memorized...*sigh*)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

20. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 17:10 tony

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 16:49:
I really wonder how these sales effect the number of people buying games at $50 on release. I know Valve has said they don't, but it's surprising, and that was before they went really crazy like this.

If there is a game that is coming out that I really, really want (like Civilization V or Portal 2) I will pay full price for it to be able to enjoy it day 1.

Other games that I'd like to have but aren't a priority in my gaming needs, like Metro 2033 and Bioshock 2, I wait until they are at least 50% off MSRP.

19. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 17:02 ASeven

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 16:24:
Altitude for $3.95 is a bloody steal by the way.

QFT. Altitude is a MP game everyone should have, just plain old fun, and the Ball mode is plain old fun X2

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo