Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Singularity Diaries

The Raven Software Website now features a bunch of developer diaries for Singularity, offering text, screenshots, and videos to describe development of Raven's temporal first-person shooter that's due for release at the end of this month. The overall theme of the diaries is "Creating Environmental Atmosphere with Visual Effects," and the included videos showcase scenes from the game with and without these visual effects to show what they add to the game.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 25, 2010, 06:04 StingingVelvet

Capitan wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 14:13:
Raven has a lot to prove since the flop with Wolfenstein. Visually both are very similar and Raven should never have released Wolfenstein at all, they should have put all the energy on the Singularity instead. In my opinion they should have released the Singularity first and then ask Wolfenstein fans what they wanted. The story to Wilfenstein is known since Wolf 3D, RtCW, etc so they can't just rush and invent a something that seems right, everything must be perfect so that story hold and not fall flat. But I guess this is how it is when greed reigns over reason... Rolleyes

I loved Wolfenstein and so did most old-school shooter fans I talked to... great game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 14:13 Capitan

Raven has a lot to prove since the flop with Wolfenstein. Visually both are very similar and Raven should never have released Wolfenstein at all, they should have put all the energy on the Singularity instead. In my opinion they should have released the Singularity first and then ask Wolfenstein fans what they wanted. The story to Wilfenstein is known since Wolf 3D, RtCW, etc so they can't just rush and invent a something that seems right, everything must be perfect so that story hold and not fall flat. But I guess this is how it is when greed reigns over reason... Rolleyes  

6. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 10:06 Bumpy

Demo would certainly help gain interest and attention but I guess that even costs too much to do nowadays usually.  

5. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 09:13 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 08:41:
Sad to hear pirates already have it.
Sad? Its the only advertising this game will get

The very early scene release suggests, that there was a leak very high up in the production chain. We know, that TV producers start to use file sharing sites to promote their work, when the network isnt convinced, that their pilot will become popular. Maybe publishers and devs experiment with this kind of guerilla marketing, to promote sales without the need for an expensive marketing budget?

The game itself, as i said, is quite entertaining. Not as stupid or boring as Wolfenstein, has a nice atmosphere (Bioshock meets Stalin meets Timeshift). I like it! I will probably even buy it

4. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 08:41 StingingVelvet

Kajetan wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 07:04:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 06:28:
Activision is really sending this one out to die ...
Based on what? Not enough marketing, not enough press? Btw. it's already out since a few days and besides my physiological problems with the UT3 engine (headache, dizziness after playing for an hour or so), its a fine game. Not a milestone, but a very solid and entertaining shooter. Heck, they even have a classical health bar and NO auto-heal. And for the next game, i will get my old savegame system back! :)

Yes, no advertising for months and little hype.

Sad to hear pirates already have it.

3. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 07:38 nin

Looks neat. Lookin forward to it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 07:04 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 06:28:
Activision is really sending this one out to die ...
Based on what? Not enough marketing, not enough press? Btw. it's already out since a few days and besides my physiological problems with the UT3 engine (headache, dizziness after playing for an hour or so), its a fine game. Not a milestone, but a very solid and entertaining shooter. Heck, they even have a classical health bar and NO auto-heal. And for the next game, i will get my old savegame system back!

1. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 06:28 StingingVelvet

Activision is really sending this one out to die, probably because Wolfenstein bombed despite heavy advertising.

Which sucks, because I love Raven games.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo