Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans

A new version 1.31 of WWII Online: Battleground Europe has been live for a couple of weeks. This post outlines what's new in version 1.31 and this post has details on issues that remain in the new version of this military-themed MMOG that they will be addressing going forward.

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

50. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jul 9, 2010, 17:23 Dazzatron

Heh, good too know you have a sense of humour

kxmode wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 19:04:
Dazzatron wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 18:24:
At this point, I realize it is time to leave.

Something you should have done weeks ago...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jul 8, 2010, 19:04 Kxmode

Dazzatron wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 18:24:

Something you should have done weeks ago...

48. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jul 8, 2010, 18:24 Dazzatron

One view of the game:

"Two maps ago I had the misfortune to be camped at a Fb by a selection of Axis Armour and 88's. They'd rolled on to the FB after taking the town. Annoyed, I grabbed a DAC from the town to the FB and went Hell for leather for the FB. Getting within 750ms I reach the top of an overlooking hill, and stop with my engine off . Surveying the ground below me to the north I see the FB is down and I count the enemy tanks leaving and joining the road, to push on to the new axis firebase it looks. One, two, three, and then more emerge from cover till there are over six tanks in total, along with a HT with a couple of Flak-36's in tow.

Not seen, I sat and watched for several minutes as the procession lined up on the road, and progressed southwards, to my east. My heart beat increasing (yes this is the only computer game that does that to me) I take aim through the gun-sight of the 2pdr mounted on the turret of my DAC. As the last two tanks come well clear of a woods that obscured the procession I carefully pull the trigger, and shot leaves the barrel - the sound of the recoil mechanism clanging in my ears and smoke from the round obscuring my view very briefly. I catch the shot in the last few seconds of its flight as it crashes into the side of the last panzer in the column which, bursting into flames, continues to travel along the road. A one shot kill!

I rotate the turret along the road and turn my sights on the next tank in my sights, in much more of a hurry. and it is in and out of bushes as it travels along the road speedily. I fire, but this time I don't see the shot and the tank meeting, so I fire again and as the tank comes int o view in a gap I see that it is smoking. One of my shots must have hit him!

The commanders hatch clangs shut and the driver turns on the engine and puts the armoured car into first gear, pedal to the floor. Slowly we start to move away. Too slow, far too slow! The enemy is now looking my way and they are skilled at that. Shots start glancing the edge of the hill behind me and the shrapnel spatters my vehicle. Heart in mouth the explosions carry on for what seems like forever but I am soon far enough down the hill as to be out of view. I had survived and conducted a text book ambush against a superior force, inflicted damage by using the games freedom of action and used the assets of one of its unique vehicles to get some really impressive kills."

Yeh, fixed spawn points suck. Thank god for the rest of the map and the freedom to manouvere - its certainly not some limited little shooter.

47. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jul 7, 2010, 22:10 Kxmode

This thread is officially dead. Let it go!  

46. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jul 4, 2010, 02:44 JAGUART

It's true that most ppl that have a negative opinion of this game are clueless and uninformed.

Here's a GT4 TV review that could have been made by any nay poster here. They suck at the game and aren't smart enough or motivated to figure it out, so it must be bad.

http://g4tv.com/videos/11604/Battleground-Europe-WWII-Online-Review/

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2010, 03:10.

"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

45. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 30, 2010, 16:02 Masterjts

I am not saying you do not have the right to voice your opinion. What I am saying is that your opinion does not mean anything since it is based on a game that no longer exists in the form in which you based that opinion on.

Even the craziest idiot has the right to voice their opinion but no one has to listen to that opinion or stand by when that opinion is obvious lies and libel.

44. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 29, 2010, 22:09 The PC Warrior

you would have to be an idiot to not even read posts you quoted before responding. and did you fail to see where i said a bunch of people and a dev with a bad track record? apparently your selective interpretation doesnt just apply to ww2online, glad we know what kind of person you are now.

i dont care if it was made 10 years ago or yesterday, someone who paid money for a product has every right to voice that opinion. nice job comparing a videogame to an operating system, im sure thats going to win some people over because those never have problems either.

43. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 29, 2010, 18:57 Masterjts

The PC Warrior wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 19:18:
shouldnt take a genius to figure out that 8 people showing up in a single topic who have never posted before might be one or two people shilling. people being so pushy and insistent that this game is great have made me less interested in it.

and since when do the people who bought the game on release day not matter? they paid their money just like you. fixing up the game later doesnt excuse what they did before and those opinions are just as valid as your own. im less inclined to buy games from a dev with a bad track record.

You would have to be an idiot to assume that someone posting for the first time on a website is a shill. I guess you could also be overly paranoid but the former sounds more appropriate.

Launch day impression on a game that is almost 10 years old are useless. That would be like comparing the launch of Windows to Windows 7.

42. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 29, 2010, 14:21 Verno

Wow this is one of the worst threads to ever grace the forums and I don't say that lightly  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

41. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 29, 2010, 14:03 Rugger

@syd. Communism? Son, you have no idea what you are talking about.  

40. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 19:40 MUGWUMP

Trolls and fanboys. Nothing new here.

As for WWIIO, I haven't played in 2 years because of burnout and a few issues, but I did check out the new eye candy in offline mode during beta 6 months ago and it looks better.

If you have ADD, don't bother with this game. You will be bored to tears.

Try the game for yourself. It's a free trial. I had a subscription for years and never got ripped off. I dunno where that comment came from.

If you are a moron then listen to these guys who are bashing the game and steer clear. I doubt the player-base there would welcome your pissing and moaning anyway.

EDIT:I've been coming to Blues since he was reporting news about QWCTF so I'm not coming here from wwiio. I have visited this site almost daily for at least 5 years.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2010, 19:55.

39. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 19:18 The PC Warrior

Masterjts wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 15:45:
That has to be better than a huge number of posts against the game by people who have never played it lmao.

Heaven forbid someone listen to people who are currently playing the game to get insight on whether or not to play it. That would make too much sense. Lets instead listen to people who obviously have not played the game in over 5 1/2 years (since they dont even know about mobile spawn points being added to the game). Oh they have more posts though so that makes them reliable even though they obviously know nothing about the game in it's current form.

shouldnt take a genius to figure out that 8 people showing up in a single topic who have never posted before might be one or two people shilling. people being so pushy and insistent that this game is great have made me less interested in it.

and since when do the people who bought the game on release day not matter? they paid their money just like you. fixing up the game later doesnt excuse what they did before and those opinions are just as valid as your own. im less inclined to buy games from a dev with a bad track record.

38. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 16:57 Syd

Battleground Europe and Plans cannot be put in the same sentence  

37. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 16:42 Syd

The PC Warrior wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 15:32:
ridiculous number of posts in here from people who never posted before, all endorsing this game coincidentally. yeah, steer clear folks.

communism my friend... commies

36. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 16:11 Matt6767

Well said, perhaps an opinion should be made "AFTER" they try out the 14 day trial.  

35. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 15:45 Masterjts

That has to be better than a huge number of posts against the game by people who have never played it lmao.

Heaven forbid someone listen to people who are currently playing the game to get insight on whether or not to play it. That would make too much sense. Lets instead listen to people who obviously have not played the game in over 5 1/2 years (since they dont even know about mobile spawn points being added to the game). Oh they have more posts though so that makes them reliable even though they obviously know nothing about the game in it's current form.

34. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 15:32 The PC Warrior

ridiculous number of posts in here from people who never posted before, all endorsing this game coincidentally. yeah, steer clear folks.  

33. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 15:31 Masterjts

Just about every negative thing posted here has been addressed in one way or another by patches. Some of those things were addressed years ago. If you have not recently played the game (in the past 6 months) then your input is pretty useless considering the game is constantly evolving.

It is not a scam...

The latest patch addressed most of the problems that caused me to quite playing a year ago and I am now happily playing the game again and having fun. It is not for everyone though so use the free trial to your advantage and see if you will enjoy it.

32. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 15:30 Irregular programming

kxmode wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 12:44:
@BluekillBE, @Matt6767, @LoweBE, @JWilly48519, @khbigjoe, @Rugger, @Irregular programming - I think it's obvious all of you are either shills or really big fan boys; neither is liked on this site!

Edit: Good god! How many of you newbie posters are there?

Of course people that actually play the game will register and comment when trolls like Syd and Grounded start talking lies. You hardly need to be a fan boy to respond to someone like that.

I don't hold it against anyone if they don't like a game for any reason, but these two seem to have a personal vendetta rather than a rational opinion.

And gee, I wish I'd get paid for posting in random forums, it would be much better than my current job.

31. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 25, 2010, 15:14 Hog

lol - too funny. There's a 14 day free trial. Beats me why syd et al have such a hard on about people not trying it and deciding for themselves. Sad really.

As for myself, I'm playing again after an extended break and the new capture rules are a game changer. Great fun working from depot to depot in a team to recapture stuff with firefights along the way.

The new eye candy looks good and the weather is atmospheric. All in all 1.31 has breathed new life into the game for me although I'll need to upgrade my 4 yo machine now to get decent FPS.

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo