Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 21, 2010, 20:45 Quboid

Nucas wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 17:19:
did you even read the article? verizon doesn't even want their csr's to tell the customer they can get credits for services they discontinue, they have to be implicitly requested. they are also to never suggest discontinuing a service, even if they know it's superfluous.

you suggest we blame customers because they're "too stupid" to avoid being lied to and deliberately misled, by a company they're paying to provide them with service?

Perhaps these contracts are different in the US to mine (UK), or I'm misunderstanding it. I pay an extra 7.50 a month for data access and if I don't use that, I wouldn't expect Vodafone to refund it. Further more, such an extra wouldn't be on my contract without me requesting it and being clear on its cost/benefit.

Additionally, I wouldn't want my employees suggesting people block things like premium text messages (I assume these are messages that cost to receive and the sender and the network share the money). Of course these should never occur unsolicited, that's basically just theft. However, if I sign up for something, it's up to me to manage it.

The CSR must block these if directly asked. They should also suggest this if the subscriber asks related questions such as "How do I stop this expensive text service?". However, I wouldn't expect a CSR to say to a customer "oh by the way you're being charged a load for crappy-text-service, want me to stop that?" - unprompted, or "pro-active".

I feel there's a cultural difference here because I don't see any lying or misleading. Do Verizon sign you up with expensive extras without your consent?

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 21, 2010, 17:19 Nucas

Quboid wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 15:55:
Imagine a company not wanting its employees telling customers how to pay less. As far as I can tell, employees aren't to suggest a customer cuts an extra that they're paying for but don't use. I would sooner call the customers idiots for needing to be told before calling the company any more greedy than companies big and small throughout the world.
did you even read the article? verizon doesn't even want their csr's to tell the customer they can get credits for services they discontinue, they have to be implicitly requested. they are also to never suggest discontinuing a service, even if they know it's superfluous.

you suggest we blame customers because they're "too stupid" to avoid being lied to and deliberately misled, by a company they're paying to provide them with service?

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 21, 2010, 15:55 Quboid

Imagine a company not wanting its employees telling customers how to pay less. As far as I can tell, employees aren't to suggest a customer cuts an extra that they're paying for but don't use. I would sooner call the customers idiots for needing to be told before calling the company any more greedy than companies big and small throughout the world.  

- Quboid

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 21, 2010, 14:16 swedishfriend

Re: verizon
God forbid your customer service people should serve the customer.

re: mobile 3d
if the viewer is in one general spot you don't need glasses so mobile is actually a better use of 3D until they can come up with better technology for the bigger screens.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 21, 2010, 11:46 Verno

Sony: Portable 3D is limited.

Limited by Sony's lack of having come up with it first.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo