Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Safety Dance

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Safety Dance Jun 21, 2010, 23:24 Animals for Crackers

it's not like america at large even cares about the videos on wikileaks demonstrating american soldiers perpetrating frequent murder of civilians, don't sweat it so much joe.

QFT. If it's not on Fox, MSNBC, or CNN in America, it's NOT news to the American population at large. The majority of my family is a pristine example of this inability to accept or even consider information contrary to what the glowing box in the living room tells them, which "NEVER LIES BECAUSE THE FCC WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT IF THEY DID". Laughable.

I've tried countless times on several different issues to set them straight but it only serves to further alienate me from them due to the massive attacks on my character ("You would've supported Nazi Germany if you were alive during WWII" simply because I think the way healthcare is run in this country is backwards, is one of my current favorites) I get in return for trying to help them view things in a different light.

Huge swaths of America depress me and yes, at the moment, I'm extremely bitter about it.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2010, 23:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Safety Dance Jun 21, 2010, 17:07 Nucas

i'd always disliked lieberman but could never really remember why. having read the article from 2000 blue posted i recall that was the reason, his and gore's promising a bandwagon moral panic crusade against bad stuff as a campaign issue.

"We need this capacity in a time of war. We need the capacity for the president to say, 'Internet service provider, we've got to disconnect the American Internet from all traffic coming in from another foreign country, or we have to put a patch on this part of it'."
why, exactly? miss the good old days where the military complex controlled the flow of propaganda news from the front? it's not like america at large even cares about the videos on wikileaks demonstrating american soldiers perpetrating frequent murder of civilians, don't sweat it so much joe.

2. Re: Safety Dance Jun 21, 2010, 16:07 Yosemite Sam

I found it funny that he sounds like Saddam in South Park whenever anyone was questioning his motives, "Worried? About what? Take a load off! Relax!"

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

1. Re: Safety Dance Jun 21, 2010, 11:47 Verno

I find it more amusing that he fundamentally misunderstands how the Internet actually functions.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo