Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Legal Briefs

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2010, 23:42 OldScho0l

It's all good man/woman. We're all in the same boat. I get defensive too. In the grand scheme of things, our opinions mean nothing.

I guess that if I want to troll, I should probably go to World of Warcraft Trade chat.

Don't sweat the small stuff. I hope we can debate and insult each other for many years to come. Don't ever take it personal. We would likely enjoy eachothers company in the real world. We're just a string of letters and numbers on here. We would probably get into even better debates in real life. Insults and all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2010, 23:07 Xoxotl

OldScho0l wrote on Jun 23, 2010, 22:34:
I don’t have any nerd rage towards this or you. It takes a lot more than some insults to anger me. Thanks for your opinions. I am enjoying our debate. It can only make us stronger. Knowledge is power. Peace

I took your initial reply as a personal attack against me, and maybe I replied inappropriately. For that, I do apologize.

I do enjoy this debate as well, but unfortunately I can't formulate a decent reply right now. Maybe when I get some time, if you wish to continue.

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

10. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2010, 22:53 OldScho0l

Our government has been compromised/infiltrated by foreign entities, banks, and corporations. Our entire way of life is in danger. If the majority of us Americans don't get wise to this, we will be a 3rd world nation in no time. I for one, love this nation and will die to protect it if needed.
Fighting amongst each other only helps our enemies to grow stronger and us to grow weaker. We need to unite and re-evaluate our government. It's our duty as citizens. I stand for the Bill of Rights and the United States Constitution. That is what America stands for.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2010, 23:07.

9. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2010, 22:34 OldScho0l

Hypocrisy, thy name is "OldScho01".

Not sure how you came to that conclusion since my opinions have never shifted. Maybe try looking up the meaning of such words before throwing them out there.

You parrot the usual Rage Against The Machine / Fight The Power! line and then turn around and accuse me of being a mindless sheeple. Rich.

For that comment, I consider you to be a coward who blindly accepts anything you’re told. I don’t need a band to form opinions about a corrupt government.

Unfortunately, you see, I live in a place called the "real world", where choices have very real consequences and if you act recklessly, people can have their lives ruined. I suggest you get out of your mom's basement one of these days and visit it.

You don’t live in the real word. Of course everything has consequences! Everything has consequences! You should try growing a pair and stand up for human rights. That’s what this kid did. If everyone was as cowardly as you, we would all be slaves in a cage already. Also, my mom died when I was young and I have supported myself since I was in my mid teens. Nice try though. I’m betting that a single one of my pay checks exceeds what you make in 3 months.

The fact of the matter is that he took a oath, which he broke. It doesn't matter if he thought he was "doing the right thing." He made his choice to violate the law and break his oath, putting the lives and well-being of his fellow servicemen and women secondary to his own sense of greed and/or delusions of grandeur. And we live in a nation of law, whether you like it or not.

He sure did take an oath. His oath was to the citizens of the United States. If you ever bothered to read the Constitution, you would understand that he did the right thing in a time when our government has become a tyrant. The government is there to serve and protect us and when it gets out of line we the people are entitled to challenge and even over throw it when needed.

I'm not naive enough to think that the privileged classes are treated just like the rest of us. But that's not an excuse. And, unfortunately, it's been like since the start of recorded history, and it'll be like that long after you and I are dead and buried.

WTF do you mean by “privileged class”? This is America, not India. There are no classes. The rich seem to think that they are somehow better than us regular people. WRONG! We are all supposed to be treated EQUALLY in this country, regardless of race or wealth.

So, okay, for sake of argument, let's say that he really did it because he thought he was doing "the right thing." If that's the case, then why should Manning be the only one to get this privilege? That cop who pulls you over for speeding? He thought you were getting mouthy with him... he should get to drag you out and beat the crap out of you. Rules? Oaths? Pfffft. Just a tool to keep the little people down!

Your logic on this is way out of line with the topic. The military and government have sworn oaths to do whatever is best for the people. Even if it means exposing corruption.

Maybe the teller at your bank thinks you make just a little too much money. Hey, let her post all your financial details in the front of the bank! Needed a shot when it started to burn when you urinate? The Doctor thinks you need to learn a lesson: he'll take out a classified ad posting your name and what strain of gonorrhea you picked up.

Yet another example of your lack of education and logic.

Maybe the Joint Chiefs decide that President Obama is really, really doing a poor job and he needs to be removed. So they stage a coup d'état. Yeah, sure, they took an oath and all to serve the civilian government, but they're doing it for the Good of the Nation.

The president is there to server us (every last one of us). If he is failing to keep our best interests in everything he does, than he should be removed (there are procedures for this and it starts with little people like us spreading the word).

That's okay though. Feel free to call me names. Feel free to gnash your teeth and nerdrage. In the end, Manning will be tried for his crimes. And, if guilty, he will be punished appropriately. And there's nothing you can do about it

Our corrupt government loves people like you who sit back and accept every treasonous act being committed against the American people. You don’t have the balls to stand up for what is right. You would probably flee to Canada if a civil war broke out tomorrow.

In any other circumstances, I would say hang this kid by his nuts for leaking classified documents. It’s the nature of the documents that make this kid a hero though. You should try learning what is in these documents before calling the kid a traitor. I for one have investigated this and you will be eating your words when you learn what our government has been doing. So much for, “For the people by the people”. We’ve been lied to and will be lucky if the rest of the world doesn’t obliterate us for the crimes they have committed.

I don’t have any nerd rage towards this or you. It takes a lot more than some insults to anger me. Thanks for your opinions. I am enjoying our debate. It can only make us stronger. Knowledge is power. Peace

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2010, 22:45.

8. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2010, 21:49 Xoxotl

Hypocrisy, thy name is "OldScho01".

You parrot the usual Rage Against The Machine / Fight The Power! line and then turn around and accuse me of being a mindless sheeple. Rich.

Unfortunately, you see, I live in a place called the "real world", where choices have very real consequences and if you act recklessly, people can have their lives ruined. I suggest you get out of your mom's basement one of these days and visit it.

The fact of the matter is that he took a oath, which he broke. It doesn't matter if he thought he was "doing the right thing." He made his choice to violate the law and break his oath, putting the lives and well-being of his fellow servicemen and women secondary to his own sense of greed and/or delusions of grandeur. And we live in a nation of law, whether you like it or not.

I'm not naive enough to think that the privileged classes are treated just like the rest of us. But that's not an excuse. And, unfortunately, it's been like since the start of recorded history, and it'll be like that long after you and I are dead and buried.

So, okay, for sake of argument, let's say that he really did it because he thought he was doing "the right thing." If that's the case, then why should Manning be the only one to get this privilege? That cop who pulls you over for speeding? He thought you were getting mouthy with him... he should get to drag you out and beat the crap out of you. Rules? Oaths? Pfffft. Just a tool to keep the little people down!

Maybe the teller at your bank thinks you make just a little too much money. Hey, let her post all your financial details in the front of the bank! Needed a shot when it started to burn when you urinate? The Doctor thinks you need to learn a lesson: he'll take out a classified ad posting your name and what strain of gonorrhea you picked up.

Maybe the Joint Chiefs decide that President Obama is really, really doing a poor job and he needs to be removed. So they stage a coup d'état. Yeah, sure, they took an oath and all to serve the civilian government, but they're doing it for the Good of the Nation.

That's okay though. Feel free to call me names. Feel free to gnash your teeth and nerdrage. In the end, Manning will be tried for his crimes. And, if guilty, he will be punished appropriately. And there's nothing you can do about it.

OldScho0l wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 13:50:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYQ0IiCyGds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akm3nYN8aG8

Heh, gotta relish the irony of somebody who says "Question Authority!" and then expects some random youtube videos to win me over the The Cause.

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2010, 21:55.

7. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2010, 02:38 Nucas

Xoxotl wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 09:41:
“American Hero”? “Poor Kid”? Pffft.

Dirtbag’s a criminal and no better then a spy. Through his actions (which weren’t just a one-time-thing or something on a lark, this was a long-term plan on his part) he may have put the safety and lives of his fellow servicemen and women at risk.

If you’re political opposed to the conflict in Afghanistan or Iraq, don’t join the Armed Forces in the first place. He wasn’t drafted. He chose his own fate. His wasn’t manipulated into anything.

He deserves a fair trial. And if he’s guilty, he should spend the rest of his life breaking big rocks into smaller rocks in a military prison for a very, very long time.

you don't exist.

6. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2010, 13:50 OldScho0l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYQ0IiCyGds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akm3nYN8aG8

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2010, 13:59.

5. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2010, 13:04 OldScho0l

Xoxotl wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 09:41:

Dirtbag’s a criminal and no better then a spy. Through his actions (which weren’t just a one-time-thing or something on a lark, this was a long-term plan on his part) he may have put the safety and lives of his fellow servicemen and women at risk.

If you’re political opposed to the conflict in Afghanistan or Iraq, don’t join the Armed Forces in the first place. He wasn’t drafted. He chose his own fate. His wasn’t manipulated into anything.

He deserves a fair trial. And if he’s guilty, he should spend the rest of his life breaking big rocks into smaller rocks in a military prison for a very, very long time.

You must be one of the sheeple who thinks we went to war to create peace and stability. I bet you watch Fox news too.

This kid exposed some of the crimes that our military is committing on a regular basis. If you were an Iraqi and your entire family were slaughtered for no good reason, you would be praying for someone like this kid to expose these crimes for what they are. How the hell can we fight a war on terror when we have become the terror?

The kid is not a spy. He is a hero for trying to salvage what little dignity we as Americans have left. He obviously had access to war crimes and is doing what's right. Do you think God will judge him poorly for being a person who wants the truth to be known?

Our government has turned into a pile of shit and the people who have already died for us are turning over in their graves for the crimes our military are committing against humanity.

Maybe you're just too ignorant to believe that our government and military have been compromised by corporations who play both sides of these wars.

You should try seeing what these wars truly are before you go shooting your mouth off. These wars have nothing to do with helping Iraq or Afghanistan.

I love it when people try to act all patriotic and they haven't a clue of what is really going on. A true patriot would question his governments every move and attempt to keep it in check with what we stand for. All I see is a country full of brainwashed hypocrites who are afraid to ask real questions.

4. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2010, 09:41 Xoxotl

3. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2010, 03:29 jdreyer

Hear, hear. We have been far too insulated from the effects of these wars. Lamo is an f@cking @sshole (sounds like he totally tricked the kid), but what was Manning doing shooting his mouth off in the first place? Jesus, if you do shit like that, the last thing you should be doing is telling people. If it WAS him, and they can prove it, hopefully he won't get slammed too hard. But it sounds like he's looking at decades. Poor kid.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

2. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2010, 19:35 OldScho0l

This kid is a hero to America. I hope our people rise up and protect this kid.  

1. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2010, 17:36 Nucas

that's not too surprising since once you're in, the military owns you body and soul.

i don't know how i feel about the alleged "260,000" diplomatic cables but this guy was doing a public service and adrian lamo is a fucking disgrace. this 22 year old kid now potentially faces life imprisonment or execution for treason (OHH HOW TERRIBLE I GUESS I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT IT fucking blithering retard, god he's just so fucking clueless it makes my head spin).

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo