Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2010, 17:29 medusa[nyc]

no tie for me for father's day but i did get a "the cake is a lie" shirt and an awesome bioshock big sister figure though  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2010, 22:51 ForgedReality

Taking showers 'can make you ill'.

Blue. Your short-term memory is on the fritz again. This story was on this site months and months ago.

See, the problem is not that it was here already so much as the fact that it's OLD. "News" generally means.. not old. So.. yeah.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2010, 09:53 Silicon Avatar

Even a rated R movie doesn't save you. I went to a midnight showing of Silent Hill and guess what was in the audience? Some stupid parents and their screaming baby. At a midnight showing of the freaking Silent Hill movie. Who takes a baby to see Silent Hill? Who takes their baby out at midnight? I wish Pyramid Head had come out of the screen and eaten them.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2010, 08:52 kanniballl

Sepharo wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 00:08:
Yeah this is a common issue when trying to go to any film other than something rated R. Just remember the later the better. I just checked the showtimes for my favorite theater and they're showing Toy Story 3 as late as 10:20PM on weekdays. That would be ideal

You'd think so.

Back when I used to go to the movie theater frequently, that was my train of thought too. Heck, I even did that for horror films or other rated-R films.

Nope.

Crying babies, young kids screaming. I was shocked at the stuff they were hearing/seeing after 10PM.

The problem == parents

I guess some parents have no choice: they cannot afford a baby-sitter and don't have a family member that can watch them for a few hours (like a grand-parent or what-not).

Still, I can't imagine it's fun for them to have a crying baby freaking out at the loud noise. Meanwhile they're messing up the experience for a whole lot of people.

I try not to go to the movie theater that often unless it's something I *really* want to see. I have a more enjoyable watching most films on my plasma at home.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2010, 00:56 PHJF

Are you crazy? 10:20 PM is not a matinee showing!  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2010, 00:08 Sepharo

PHJF wrote on Jun 20, 2010, 21:45:
I thought about treking out to Toy Story but dreaded the children (under ten) that I knew would be there en masse. Seeing Up on the screen was a pretty bad experience. Man, I hate kids. And babies. Especially babies.

Yeah this is a common issue when trying to go to any film other than something rated R. Just remember the later the better. I just checked the showtimes for my favorite theater and they're showing Toy Story 3 as late as 10:20PM on weekdays. That would be ideal

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2010, 21:45 PHJF

I thought about treking out to Toy Story but dreaded the children (under ten) that I knew would be there en masse. Seeing Up on the screen was a pretty bad experience. Man, I hate kids. And babies. Especially babies.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2010, 21:26 Mr. Tact

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there. I'm glad someone is willing to make sure our existence continues for at least a little longer...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2010, 21:02 Creston

Happy Father's Day to all you old geezers with kids out there! Make sure to give your dad a good hug too.

Creston

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2010, 18:29 Capella

My kids took me to see Toy Story 3 today. While I loved the first two I didn't think this one would live up to the others. I was wrong! I don't know how they do it but this is just as great as the other two.

However this was the first time I did not like the short before the movie. Maybe I need a second viewing but I did not care for it. Oh and the 3D was not that great. When I go see it again it will be the 2D version.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo