Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer

Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium is the title of the Warhammer 40K MMORPG first revealed a couple of years ago, notes Computer and Video Games, as THQ has made good on a recent promise to reveal more about the game at E3. The game is under development at THQ's Vigil Games (Darksiders), and while details are still scant, there's a gameplay trailer and some screenshots on Kotaku showing some spiffy visuals befitting a studio created by comic book artists.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 18, 2010, 18:52 Mysdrial

Please don't suck.

And no WoW/WAR in space.

If they can do it properly, this will probably eat my life for a few months. But I'm not holding my breath

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 18, 2010, 14:50 Rossafur

Interview view on the game here:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-dark-millenium/700743
Be warned that Gametrailers mingled in footage from the Space Marine game trailer as well, which will make it look confusing if you haven't seen both games' trailers so you can differentiate.

33. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 18, 2010, 10:47 grudgebearer

...as a huge 40k fan I'm not holding out much hope for this, as I just don't see the 40k universe translating to an MMO. I could be wrong, but I'd much rather them take the IP in other directions, an RPG based off of the Inquisitor table-top game would be nice, as would a Battlefleet Gothic space combat game.  

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

32. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 18, 2010, 08:33 HeadWound

looks fun to play a marine

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Daily_Rituals_of_a_Space_Marine

such an exciting day, I bet the quests will be fun!

31. Re: Severely dissapointed... Jun 18, 2010, 00:42 ColoradoHoudini

Looks awesome to me, I am excited to see how this pans out.. and unless it looks like a total dud, I'm grabbing it day 1.

30. Re: Severely dissapointed... Jun 18, 2010, 00:24 Yifes

Grounded wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 19:33:

While I really want to see this be a good game, as I am a fan of the WH40K setting, I have my doubts it would successfully translate into a MMORPG.

I can see the Character Selection Screen now…

CHOOSE YOUR CLASS

# Space Marine (Ultramarine)

# Space Marine (Space Wolf)

# Space Marine (Blood Angel)

# Space Marine (Dark Angel)

# Space Marine (Other)

# Psyker (*)

# Xenos (You will be purged)

* - Note: Psykers can never advance past Level 1, because as soon as you use your powers, you will either be consumed by a demon from the warp, captured and sacrificed to feed the Emperor on the Golden Throne, or spontaneously explode.

BINGO

Bingo? Couldn't be further from the truth. With so many races in 40K, only stupidity can limit you to just space marines. Even if you're limited to just the Imperium there's enough variety to make a MMO.

29. Re: Severely dissapointed... Jun 17, 2010, 20:55 Deepjay

Wasnt getting WoW vibes here, but worse, WAR. That deserty type environment with the orange haze looked ripped straight out of WAR - which is a tad concerning.

Likewise those Titan's walking, that looks like the kind of way early days footage showing features that never usually end up in the released game.

Im praying this game ends up awesome, but it seems quality MMO's these days are rarer than hen's teeth.

28. Re: Severely dissapointed... Jun 17, 2010, 20:08 Sleette

I'd have to agree with the guy who didn't like the cartoony, wow-ish graphics. Love the ip but yawned my way through the trailer. I'm getting pretty sick of the 'cartoon dude in football gear' art style.

Yeah, I know that Blizzard basically ripped it off from GW but it still doesn't make it any better.

27. Re: Severely dissapointed... Jun 17, 2010, 19:33 Grounded

While I really want to see this be a good game, as I am a fan of the WH40K setting, I have my doubts it would successfully translate into a MMORPG.

I can see the Character Selection Screen now…

CHOOSE YOUR CLASS

# Space Marine (Ultramarine)

# Space Marine (Space Wolf)

# Space Marine (Blood Angel)

# Space Marine (Dark Angel)

# Space Marine (Other)

# Psyker (*)

# Xenos (You will be purged)

* - Note: Psykers can never advance past Level 1, because as soon as you use your powers, you will either be consumed by a demon from the warp, captured and sacrificed to feed the Emperor on the Golden Throne, or spontaneously explode.

BINGO

26. Re: Severely dissapointed... Jun 17, 2010, 17:25 kimbambaman

Looks like Dawn of War, but better, and that turned out to be a damn fine 40k game.

That is my impression too. And that's a good thing in my book.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

25. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 17:24 space captain

if others peoples opinions "ruin" things for you

its pretty sad

perhaps you need a new haircut? or maybe twitter about it, and post some facebook updates - that should make you feel better

If you aren't excited for this after watching that trailer, I officially hate you. =P
your hatred is like candy to me

Go forth, and kill!

24. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 16:39 Tumbler

If you aren't excited for this after watching that trailer, I officially hate you. =P

QFMFT. Don't ruin this you fucking haters!

(Yes, I see the extreme irony in me asking others not to hate on a game)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

23. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 15:39 Kxmode

Orks in sppppaaaaaccccceeeeeee!  

22. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 15:26 Rossafur

21. Re: Severely dissapointed... Jun 17, 2010, 15:00 Yifes

This trailer is an insult to Warhammer 40k. The Warhammer 40k universe is a dark, gritty, and grimy landscape, but in this trailer it looks like a fucking cartoon. All this looks like so far is space marine expansion pack to Warhammer Online.

I just went from excited about the prospect of a Warhammer 40k MMO to dreading it.

I'm sorry that this doesn't look like the amazing art of the 40K universe, but it doesn't look like a cartoon at all. Looks like Dawn of War, but better, and that turned out to be a damn fine 40k game.

Even a 40K MMO that looked like WOW could potentially be fucking sweet. I don't know what to expect from this game, but I won't let graphics alone deter me. I just hope they don't make the same mistakes as Warhammer Online and try to do too much on release.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2010, 15:20.

20. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 14:17 TangledThorns

Looks cool and combat centric so... I hope I don't see any dancing Tyranids  

19. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 14:06 space captain

i suppose its too much to ask for an actual TBS 40k game.. its been over 10 years since chaos gate

btw that trailer looks more disney than warhammer... id also sorta expect to see a shitload of guys in formation facing off instead of a bunch of random solos

Go forth, and kill!

18. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 13:52 PHJF

Would elite super soldiers need to go out and grind thousands of bullshit creatures to get their next weapon/implant upgrade? What are the developers going to do when the servers are 95% space marine, 4% Ork, 1% regular human infantry?

Ummm... HELLO?

Eldar?

Tau??

Necron???

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 13:38 Cutter

Looks sweet and fun as hell to boot. I eagerly await hearing more on this.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

16. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 13:36 Kxmode

Level 80 Elite Dreadnought with Crozius Arcanum, Storm Shield. The ranged icing on the cake is a Bolt Gun with Deathwatch Boltgun Ammo!  

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo